www.wmdolls.com

Lace front wigs - best way to secure (so they stay put)?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Lace front wigs - best way to secure (so they stay put)?

Post by FCD94 »

As the title says -

What is the best way to secure a lace-front wig to a WM TPE doll so it doesn't move, or so the hairline doesn't wrinkle away from the head?

I bought a couple online to test fit, style etc., but even the glueless application ones seem to slip or peel away pretty easily. They all really do seem to depend on having something to be secured *to*, but there's no existing hair & the WM head is small.

Mr Miyagi

Re: Lace front wigs - best way to secure (so they stay put)?

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Just take a staple gun to it!

But in all seriousness, I'd like to know as well

orchido

Post by orchido »

Have you tried using a wig sock (cap)? It's very tight, but once you get it properly in place on the skull it'll stay there and will give some added friction to the wig so the wig stays better in place.

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

A tight fitting cap is good.

Also, wash the doll's head, let dry, and never ever powder her head. Powder just makes less sticky.

For a TPE doll, the head will get tacky over time from internal oil and wigs usually stay on easy. For silicone doll, using no powder still helps.

You can also use double sided tape intended for these purposes, it's called "wardrobe tape", the Scotch strips are good. It does leave a little sticky residue, but that's just a bonus for future wig holding!

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

I use a wig cap. It like pantyhose material in a way. With the elastic strap on the wig tighten up they stay in place fairly well. They protect the head and help hold the wig in place. They are super cheap too. Got a two pack for less than $3 on Amazon prime.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Well there's these hooks right? And little 'dunno what you callits' to connect them to. That will tighten. And dunno your head size, but if it's tiny well the wig is probably not made for that ;)
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

a wig band is pretty good and not that dear, its just a cloth that wraps around the head front to back and is secured with velcro. the wig goes over the head as per usual but the band helps it to stay put

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro ... d&_sacat=0

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

This came up when my doll was looking at Cosplay videos on youtube. Hope it helps every one answer this question.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

BCD or someone posted a video of George of XS putting wigs on properly.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I don't understand why you want to put a lace front wig on a doll. To my knowledge, a lace front wig is used when a woman wants to have some of her own hair come up through and out of the front of the wig.

?

SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

siliconelover wrote:I don't understand why you want to put a lace front wig on a doll. To my knowledge, a lace front wig is used when a woman wants to have some of her own hair come up through and out of the front of the wig.

?

No, although I most people have an existing hairline which the wig can be blended into, or at least use concealer or similar to blend the trimmed lace to their skin tone, etc. But, since a doll's head is bald, I assume people have done it successfully in some way, or that there's a "How To" here somewhere.

*I'd hope to hear from someone who has successfully used lace-front human hair wigs with good results, if possible. I'm sure there's a couple around. I do recall seeing this on a TPE doll on these forums, but I can't recall where... from memory maybe the person who did those "Valentine's" shoots for YL Doll, but I don't know who that is - and it may just be someone else with a very similar-looking doll...

INFORMATIONS