It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:29 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Does my doll have a broken neck?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

My 157b just arrived on Friday. She is beautiful, but I'm worried about her neck. Every time I move her head, it immediately returns to the original position. Her neck will not hold a pose. I don't think this is normal, but I am new to dolls. I appreciate any opinions and/or advice.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Does my doll have a broken neck?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:11 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

I have no experience with the new skeleton, but the old tube neck could hold a pose. Maybe you could film it and show us? Is it floppy and loose or does it feel tight? Neck and feet are the two most likely parts of the doll to get damage during shipping so it is absolutely possible it could be broken.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Sorry to hear about your doll having issues, unfortunately like Mandos said breaks can sometimes happen during shipping.

Sounds to me like this could be a broken gooseneck... i don't think the new hinged neck would snap back in position if broken.

Have you tried contacting your vendor? They should be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,

ZD

Mellisa: (BCD wm157 B cup + #124 Cheyenne head) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=94771
Lauren: (same body + Allura vampire head) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=94771
Sophie: (1am wm140 D cup + #56 head) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=85777
Serena: (same body + #160 elf head) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=88961
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:14 am 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Does she creak at all at the neck joint? Please post a pic of the neck from top view. Sometimes overtightening can be an issue. If you bought second hand there is no telling what is in there. If you bought new contact the vendor you purchased through, or the manufacturer you boight her with.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 am 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

rickastley wrote:
My 157b just arrived on Friday. She is beautiful, but I'm worried about her neck. Every time I move her head, it immediately returns to the original position. Her neck will not hold a pose. I don't think this is normal, but I am new to dolls. I appreciate any opinions and/or advice.

Also try powdering the neck head areas where they touch.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm 

Hi, sounds like it possibly might be a broken neck to me. Can you maybe express in more detail what happens when you move the head (how does it fall back, is there any feeling or sound, or anything noteworthy?).

P.s. my own doll fell a couple of day ago, when I had her against the wall standing sideways with just one arm (not to smart to walk out the room then). Anyway now when I move her neck up 'north east' there is an issue, and the head does fall back more to the center ( so I think I've at least partially broken / damaged gooseneck). So on a side note: anyone reading this, is it possible to replace the gooseneck???

rickastley wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 pm 

A few days ago a thread in Care and Maint. came up that may address your problem.
Check it out-
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95010

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]