www.wmdolls.com

What you see is not what you get.

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Tewhano
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

What you see is not what you get.

Post by Tewhano »

I think many already know this but the pictures you see on the vendor’s website was taken by a professional photographer whose job is to make the doll look beautiful. The photo below is, from left to right: Website photo, factory photo and my photo of the doll I received. What you see is not what you get. I selected the ‘Same As Website Picture’ option for different characteristics of the doll. However, when I chose the as pictured option for skin tone the website picture had written on it “Skin: Light Tan” in the lower right-hand corner. What I got was a lily-white skin tone. Lesson learned: Do not choose the as picture option. Always choose from one of the other offered options. I also chose the ‘as picture’ option for the nipple color and as you can see it doesn’t match the website or factory photo. Compare the three photos. I think you’ll agree that the factory photo is not of the doll they sent me.
Attachments
Comparison Photo
Comparison Photo
Hazel Comparison.jpg (492.98 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
"I stands all that I can stands and I can't stands no more" - Popeye

Skimeng

Re: What you see is not what you get.

Post by Skimeng »

In my opinion it's best to contact the vendor and have a conversation with them with what you are looking for. This issue isn't exclusive to dolls, online ordering by clicking boxes and entering payment often leads to receiving not exactly what was ordered. Taco bell can't even get an online order correct.
Mandy/Melissa SM156A TPE
viewtopic.php?p=2180835#p2180835

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, this is actually a very common issue raised by someone when they start out with dolls and most of the time it's purely down to the different lighting of the pics. In my opinion your gal looks to be light tan, I have around 35 dolls, most are Jinsan TPE (WM etc) of every skin tone going and I can easily get very different results depending on whether I'm shooting outside, indoors using LED's or maybe using my speedlite with a diffuser. In fact I was doing a shoot yesterday with one of my light tan gals and messed up the lighting so her skin tone was off. Factory pics are usually taken under harsh fluorescent light although the factory pic you have posted actually looks pretty good so they may have used something like an LED panel with a low colour temperature to get that warmer skin tone. Your pic looks to have been taken using a cooler light temp so the tpe will look much lighter and of course Mandos who took that promo pic is a master with lighting so he knows how to get the best out of whatever gal he's working with. If you want your gal to look closer to the factory pic in terms of skin tone then you could invest in 1 or 2 Bi colour LED panel lights, such as the Neewer brand, which I use. You will get a much warmer, richer skin tone in your photos. Hope that helps.

lexico

Post by lexico »

Tewhano wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:54 pm I think many already know this but the pictures you see on the vendor’s website was taken by a professional photographer whose job is to make the doll look beautiful. The photo below is, from left to right: Website photo, factory photo and my photo of the doll I received. What you see is not what you get. ...
What you're talking about is a rampant issue in this industry.

I understand making products look as good as possible, of course. All manufacturers to that to some extent. But with dolls, it is openly false advertising, and I would argue low-level fraud. I'm always asking to see "non-glamour photos" of the dolls.

Here in TDF, you'll also see lots of photo shoots that are clearly very "enhanced." In the forum, it's different than with manufacturers. Photographers here are creating an honest artistic expression. But when you're comparing different dolls for purchase, it's confusing to confirm whether photos not only from manufacturers, but also fellow owners, are showing details you can't use to make a purchase.

And now we have AI enhancements on top of Photoshop.

I'm an app developer/web app developer. In response to this, I'm putting together a new web resource in response to this very situation! More news on that in the near future.
One of the first owners of a Real Doll (1997).
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.
If you have information to share, send me a PM!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, I just had a rummage in my phone and found a couple of pics to illustrate my point. This is Sara, her head is actually the oldest I have, from 2016 while the WM155DD bod is from 2018, both light tan although there is the inevitable slight difference you get from 2 different blends. The first pic was taken inside using an LED panel with a low colour temperature while the next pic was outside using the available light and my speedlite with diffuser which gives Sara a lighter looking skin tone compared to the much warmer, richer tone in the first pic. Same doll, different lighting! 😁
Attachments
Lumii_20231118_232243726.jpg
Lumii_20231118_232243726.jpg (4.61 MiB) Viewed 1719 times
Lumii_20231118_232320718.jpg
Lumii_20231118_232320718.jpg (8.91 MiB) Viewed 1719 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

It's probably worth making the point that, certainly with WM, the photos you see on vendors sites and on the forum are not enhanced in any way, aside from the usual editing etc. They are just taken by a very good photographer who knows how to get the best out of his subject. There are also a shed load of things you can do to help get a better picture, aside from the lighting there's the doll herself, learning how to apply makeup can make a big difference, dressing her well and paying attention to the little details when posing her can make the difference. When I started out with dolls back in 2016 my photos were pretty awful but after joining TDF and seeing what was possible I picked up a lot of tips from some of the pro's that post on here and eventually even started to do stuff for one of the doll company web sites which really encouraged me to up my game. Here's a pic of Jodie taken this summer, I like to think I've improved a bit in the past few years, certainly Jodie looks a damn sight better here than she did in her factory pic! ☺️
Attachments
Lumii_20231118_233341791.jpg
Lumii_20231118_233341791.jpg (5.04 MiB) Viewed 1702 times

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

I'm sure Arthur is right, but what if you're not disappointed with the photos you make at home, but you're disappointed just with the looks of the doll when you're interacting with her?

I had a similarly disappointing experience with WM a couple years back. Gorgeous website photos labeled as "tan". I figured the makeup etc. wouldn't be the same, but surely they'd make the skin color representative? I ordered "tan" and the doll I received was WAY too dark, and generally just not a color you'd see on a human of any ethnicity.

The lesson I took away: don't order one of the "extremes". If there are 4 or 5 skin tones (like: pale - light pink - light tan - tan, or something like that) then don't order the lightest or darkest but pick one of the middle ones. That way, if they fuck it up, it may be a little different from what you wanted but at least it won't be extreme.

If a manufacturer or vendor uses a photo and goes to the trouble of labeling it "light tan", then I would assume they intend to use that photo to guide my choice. Yes, lighting matters. People selling products for thousands of dollars can damn well do their homework to set the lighting up so it's representative of real-world conditions and helpful for a customer.

Ghosta

Post by Ghosta »

Don't worry Tewhano. You're doll is beautiful. I actually like the skin color. Tan is so common anyway.

Tewhano
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tewhano »

I see I may have failed to convey my point sufficiently. I was mainly making a suggestion to those who are new to purchasing these dolls that when choosing options to not use the ‘as pictured’ option. I liked the nipple color in the website photo so I chose the as pictured option. I know about lighting and how it can change the appearance of your subject. The nipple color in the website is way darker than my doll’s nipples. That isn’t because of the lighting but because the photographer used makeup or the doll they photographed had dark nipples. My advice is if the website photo has dark nipples and you want dark nipples then do not pick the ‘as pictured’ option. Pick dark nipples.

As for the factory picture, compare the head with my photo and the website photo. My doll’s face looks like the website doll but there is a sticking difference with the factory phot. Such as the length of the neck and nipple color. The nipples are slightly lighter than the website photo and my doll doesn’t have hardly any color in the nipples at all.

As an amateur photographer I am well aware of the difference lighting makes on your subject. The photographer’s job is to make the subject look good and please the client. I hope to achieve that in my endeavor to become a better photographer with the aid of my doll. Photo is my first attempt towards that goal.
Attachments
K70P7152_fb.jpg
K70P7152_fb.jpg (148.09 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
"I stands all that I can stands and I can't stands no more" - Popeye

lexico

Post by lexico »

Tewhano,

Yes, everything you said is in line with my general points about misleading images from manufacturers. In this case, you're talking about skin tones/nipple color. But the same idea extends out to the whole presentation of the dolls.

I love glamorous, fun photography. There's a place for this. But when you're making a decision about which doll to buy, that's the place for hard realism, not enhanced photos.
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.

Joevega12

Post by Joevega12 »

From every piture I ever seen on this forum here it seem like the answer to that is iron tech iron tech however Wm and Se doll is high quality but iron tech to me seem to be more realistic close to human like then now everyone creating silicone dolls which I think TPE still beats it if you want to have sex with your doll in not just look at it however if it's a real cute head I like I can see me getting a silicone head in the rest of the doll TPE but you just have to find a doll that generally attractive in its plenty on here I seem to get my inspiration from seeing others post thier hot dolls on here atleast it will give you more of an idea of what you getting that's the best way if you ask me it's one right now I got my eyes on someone has in its an SE Doll 157 cm H cup head 88 in she's beautiful as hell stuff like that's makes me want to hit the buy button

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

What you're saying is why I like companies like Jiusheng and XT Doll (and there are others). If you check their sites and on this forum not only are there glamour shots but you'll also see untouched, shot on a cell phone, factory shots comparing the bodies. You can get a more realistic idea of what the dolls will look like that way. I use the glamour (marketing) shots to pick a doll that I like, then look at the factory shots, then look for unboxing shots from people here before making a decision. If the unboxing isn't super close to the factory shots I wouldn't buy.

It has to be frustrating for people who don't take extra steps to check the dolls likely appearance and expect it to look exactly like the promo pics. I do wish more vendors would include at least a couple factory pics along side the glamour ones. But I don't think that's likely to happen.

WM dolls
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by WM dolls »

Tewhano wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:54 pm I think many already know this but the pictures you see on the vendor’s website was taken by a professional photographer whose job is to make the doll look beautiful. The photo below is, from left to right: Website photo, factory photo and my photo of the doll I received. What you see is not what you get. I selected the ‘Same As Website Picture’ option for different characteristics of the doll. However, when I chose the as pictured option for skin tone the website picture had written on it “Skin: Light Tan” in the lower right-hand corner. What I got was a lily-white skin tone. Lesson learned: Do not choose the as picture option. Always choose from one of the other offered options. I also chose the ‘as picture’ option for the nipple color and as you can see it doesn’t match the website or factory photo. Compare the three photos. I think you’ll agree that the factory photo is not of the doll they sent me.
Hi, Dear Tewhano

Regarding the skin color issue in photos, there are many different parameters that result in different presentation effects.

1) Regarding promotional photos, the camera used by the photographer, the adjusted background and lighting, etc., can all affect the photos. And there will be some photo beautification in the later stage.

2) When it comes to factory photos, we will take the picture via mobile and factory lighting (cold white light) makes the skin appear even whiter.

In addition, if you feel that the makeup on your head does not look like it or any other issues, you can contact your vendor and request them to change the makeup, to make the head similar to the promotional pictures.

Best regards,

WM DOLLS

lexico

Post by lexico »

WM dolls wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:47 am ...
1) Regarding promotional photos, the camera used by the photographer, the adjusted background and lighting, etc., can all affect the photos. And there will be some photo beautification in the later stage.
Why not just take realistic photos of the dolls? You are selling these dolls to actual buyers, not magazines. One of the most rampant issues in this industry is this kind of misleading photography. It seems to be getting worse every year.

I'd suggest a customer-initiated crackdown on "photo beautification."

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

lexico wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:23 am
WM dolls wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:47 am ...
Why not just take realistic photos of the dolls? You are selling these dolls to actual buyers, not magazines. One of the most rampant issues in this industry is this kind of misleading photography. It seems to be getting worse every year.

I'd suggest a customer-initiated crackdown on "photo beautification."
To be fair every company does this. When was the last time you got a Big Mac that actually looked like the marketing photos?

I don't mind promo pics being "the best they can be" as long as they are genuinely achievable. ie: it's the same doll you or I could buy, just done up by someone with decent makeup skills, some fashion sense and shot with a good camera and photographic eye. If you make a higher quality doll that's just for photos, or photoshop the doll (other than basic colour correction) or even worse create the pics with AI then I'm against it.

Why don't I mind that? Because we're buying the dream, the possibility of a perfect doll. I still want some real, unimproved shots to show the basic doll exactly as it'll be when I open the box, but I'm happy to see what it *could* be with some skill and patience too.

INFORMATIONS