www.wmdolls.com

Which skin tones are which?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
QUAGMIRE

Which skin tones are which?

Post by QUAGMIRE »

When looking at the pictures of the different models, I have a hard time trying to pin down which skin tone option corresponds to the model I like. I can tell what the pale white and dark tan tones are, as they are at the ends of the spectrum. But what is the difference between Natural and Light Tan? Please help.

What are these in terms of the skin choice options?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (373.06 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (422.84 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
image.png
image.png (394.49 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Q.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Which skin tones are which?

Post by xsdolls »

Hi,

I'll try to help you out, those are real pictures under normal indoor fluorescent lighting conditions of various WM dolls we've sold:

TAN
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG (103.59 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
NORMAL
IMG_4168.JPG
IMG_4168.JPG (50.63 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
WHITE/PALE
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG (114.4 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
I hope that helps,

George
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

QUAGMIRE

Post by QUAGMIRE »

Yes, but the scale has two tans, a light tan and a dark tan. Which one is it? I really wish the manufacturer or one of the vendors just lined up each of the skin color options and the corresponding dolls in a single photo.

Edit: Just checked and some vendors offer 4 skin tone options (Pale White/Natural/Light Tan/Dark Tan), while other vendors only offer 3 options (Pale/Natural/Tan).
Q.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

Where did you see that "Dark Tan" - I am just aware of "Black" as a new option after they introduced the 168. It's darker than "Tan", matching Afro-American skin color.

The official colors (WM) are White / Normal / Tan / Black

Latest Dollcast Video:

QUAGMIRE

Post by QUAGMIRE »

Maybe I saw it listed that way on a vendor website. The four tone scale is correct. I just wish you could see them all lined up to compare, or have certain preset doll configurations labeled as to what skin tone option they are.
Q.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

While I do wish every picture a vendor posted had the full specs of the doll listed, lighting can change how the dolls skin/hair color looks completely.

George's white/pale photo pretty much matches exactly what my pale WM158 looks like with standard CFL lighting on that note.

There's probably some variance in the colors each batch too I'd imagine.

apec47
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by apec47 »

Hi, do the heads all have a certain skin color too?

itvman

Post by itvman »

I found the whole skin colour thing enormously confusing when I was buying a doll too. Some sites use the word "pink" which is really confusing, and some just list light or tanned skin. The only way I could figure out what colour I wanted was by looking at loads of pics on this forum. Luckily she turned up with the sort of colouring I wanted.

I wish the vendors would include more measurements and be less ambiguous in their descriptions. It should have been easy, but I found the process of choosing the right head and body incredibly difficult and had to continually switch between about five different vendors to compare bits of information and pictures with threads on this forum. Some the links don't even work, or the pictures are wrong, or they are too small. I ordered some wigs and one of them looks nothing like it does on the site because all you ever see are those postage stamp sized pictures of the wigs.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

apec47 wrote:Hi, do the heads all have a certain skin color too?
Yes, it is always the same as the body - Skin color ALWAYS varies, no color (for example "Tan") is the same as the last batch "Tan" - meaning that the head and body are usually molded simultaneously in order to have no color differences between the head and the body. This is also the reason why "Tan" on one customer's doll might be darker or lighter than "Tan" on somebody else's. It's not very obvious, however sometimes it is like in this example:

Color: Normal (Customer 64BC97)
IMG_5110.JPG
IMG_5110.JPG (60.9 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Color: Normal (Customer 60BC97)
IMG_4513.JPG
IMG_4513.JPG (105.9 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
However it also really depends on the light. As you can see above, the second doll looks much more yellowish when compared to the first one, even though it's the same skin color. However here is another picture of her, from a different angle, and as you can see the color changes:
IMG_4483.JPG
IMG_4483.JPG (87.82 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
So, no matter where you buy your TPE doll or who is even manufacturing her, there will be always slight differences in the color - not only because of the light, but also because of the way TPE is being pigmented. It's not as easy as having a recipe for a cake that always turns out the same way - there are too many factors like humidity, ambient temperature, batch of pigment powder et. that affects the color in the process.

I hope that more or less makes some sense :)

George

Latest Dollcast Video:

INFORMATIONS