www.wmdolls.com

Mold: Please help!! :(

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
itvman

Re: Mold: Please help!! :(

Post by itvman »

If the black dots are only inside the cavity then I don't think it is too bad. If they were on the outside, that'd be a far worse problem.

The important thing is just not to have any moisture present and then it can't grow. If you wash tpe then it must be bone dry within a few hours or things will start to grow on it. I'm not sure how you'd dry the cavity after washing because I've only had a doll for two weeks. I plan to use female condoms so that I never have to wash inside it. Outside would be easy enough to get dry just let the doll air dry for a little while after towelling and then powder it. If any of the clothing starts to absorb damp out of the air then wash it and stick it in the dryer before putting it back on. And keep a little bucket of silica gel in the same room as the doll ("Damp Rid" or some equivalent product from the supermarket). That will pull some of the moisture out of the air and stop the clothing becoming damp on wet days.

I'm pretty certain that a silicone doll would be no different. Maybe it's just because most owners haven't shone a torch inside their doll's privates. If they did they might get a nasty surprise.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

itvman wrote:I'm pretty certain that a silicone doll would be no different. Maybe it's just because most owners haven't shone a torch inside their doll's privates. If they did they might get a nasty surprise.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if water get's trapped at the end of the vagina canal and mold civilization starts to thrive there. Especially if vagina has some fine texturing it may be just as porous as TPE on the surface. I guess only way to make sure it's really dry is to shovel some kind of hose attached to aquarium pump there and let it blow air in there for some time. I have only let it dry having doll's legs wide open overnight but not sure if it's enough.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

I have used these products with success on my silicone doll inserts. I first use the mold killer to stop mold growth.
Then use the stain remover to remove remaining black stains. These were purchased at home depot.
I have no experience with TPE but treatment with the silicone inserts every 6 months to 1 year has worked well for me.

Mark and the Synthetiks

<em>I know the good artist</em>

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

itvman wrote:I'm pretty certain that a silicone doll would be no different. Maybe it's just because most owners haven't shone a torch inside their doll's privates. If they did they might get a nasty surprise.
That's a really interesting point you raised and you're right, I've never shone a torch up there to see. Mine's silicone and I just do the usual clean with douche and air dry.
So I went armed with a torch to have a look, found traces of something dark right at the top. It actually looked more like fluff but I wasn't taking any chances so I got an antibacterial wipe on a stick and gave it a good rummage round in there. Looks OK now but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.
Thanks for the tip itvman.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Can silicone handle most mold poisons, unlike TPE? And I suppose mold can't grow it's roots so deep in silicone so it's easier to remove anyway?

Trucker-Boy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Trucker-Boy »

Hi all!

Thank you very much for all your help!!

I tried cleaning with Isopropanol (70%) but without success :(

I didn't tried:
Tooth paste (I will do!)
Mold remover (questionable because of biocidal product?)
White Vinegar (could buy this week and try!)

I never had this on my silicone dolls ;) TPE doesn't forgive in this case...

Cheers

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:Can silicone handle most mold poisons, unlike TPE? And I suppose mold can't grow it's roots so deep in silicone so it's easier to remove anyway?
Plat sil can handle most cleaners.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

I am trying the toothpaste method now. Thread is up.
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

itvman

Post by itvman »

Pumpster wrote:Can silicone handle most mold poisons, unlike TPE? And I suppose mold can't grow it's roots so deep in silicone so it's easier to remove anyway?
You can't remove the roots or the mold. You can only kill it or bleach it. I would certainly not take a household mold remover to a tpe doll, it would probably dissolve the frigging thing. It would also leave an unpleasant smell behind.

The best thing to actually kill a small region of mold is the stuff you buy from the chemist (pharmacist) for swimmer's ear. It's a mixture of acetic acid (vinegar) and alcohol and is specially made to kill micro organisms. It's too expensive to use all over but if you spot some random black dots (sometimes they are very tiny) then rub a bit of that on it and let it dry. It will be absorbed into the tpe and kill whatever is there. I tried this on my doll today and it is completely harmless to it (and you).

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Trucker-Boy wrote:Hi all!

Thank you very much for all your help!!

I tried cleaning with Isopropanol (70%) but without success :(

I didn't tried:
Tooth paste (I will do!)
Mold remover (questionable because of biocidal product?)
White Vinegar (could buy this week and try!)

I never had this on my silicone dolls ;) TPE doesn't forgive in this case...

Cheers
IMO you can't really 'clean' it, you can just kill it with iso. If you want to be 100% rid of it, use cuticle scissors, grab onto the mold with your fingers, pull it away, and cut away with the TPE that is pulled away with it, if done right you'll only lose a few mm of TPE.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Trucker-Boy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Trucker-Boy »

Ah! Ok, I understand... it would be no problem if I could kill it because I don't see the mold :) (because the mold is only in the cavity not in the insert and my body doesn't get contact with the mold).

I will try vinegar next. I'm very unsure cutting TPE out of the cavity ;)

Do I have to use vinegar and isopropanol on a regular base or does the mold come back later?!

itvman

Post by itvman »

Trucker-Boy wrote:
Do I have to use vinegar and isopropanol on a regular base or does the mold come back later?!
Not if you killed it all. If you let it dry on the surface it should work. It's hard to know if the mold is dead because it looks the same. I guess you could flush her insides out with vinegar every now and then, since it is so cheap (believe me, the smell is only temporary). It might be prudent since you really do not want black mold near you (a quick google will tell you why).

INFORMATIONS