www.wmdolls.com

Shed storage in California

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
mgarner77

Shed storage in California

Post by mgarner77 »

Hey everyone,
So once I get my first new doll I plan on storing her laying down on some memory foam in my shed. (Maybe standing up I'm not sure)

My concern is the heat. Luckily, I live in California and our weather is seasonal and it doesn't get sun surface hot. I can only store her in my house when my lady is out of town....

What tempature should I look for in my shed in case it gets to a melting scenario?

Moderator or elders can you give me some advice please?

Regards

The young gun

Re: Shed storage in California

Post by The young gun »

TPE vs Silicone has major differences. I think silicone can seriously get something nuts like 400? (Don't quote me) degrees? Some types of TPE vary quite differently as well. I bought a "sleeve warmer" for a masturbator device and it received quite a few 1 and 2 stars for the reason that it "melted their toy demon" or something cheap. The sleeve warmer was only supposed to heat up a orifice to a body like temperature of 98 or 99 degrees.

As for the memory foam vs standing, I think most dolls prefer standing because pressed up against things causes pressure dents or can permanently alter a dolls figure depending on the creator.

tubee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubee »

If TPE she should rest lying down. Come fall and winter I wudn't store her outside. You're asking for mold. I don't know what elevation you're at but a metal shed in the back yard is going to heat up unless it's under a shade tree. If temp and humidity control is out of your hands I'd go silicone. It's the safest route given the circumstances.
ImageImagePatti and Nikki have many sisters here on TDF

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

I agree with tubee 100%. Mold occured on my TPE doll within one week of being in my storage shed and I cannot remove the stains for the life of me. I am now purchasing a silicone doll and will not ever leave her anywhere that I cannot control. On the other hand I live in a RV and during the summer when I am at work it heats up to well over 100 F and I have had no problems with her in that manner. I would only worry about heat if over 200 degrees F. My RV is also Black so it traps heat, it can swelter in here if I do not run the AC. You will have to watch out for compression marks though.
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mello_Pello »

Had my new TPE Doll on memory foam in original box for past 3 months...the butt flattened a little when I took her out. Been positioning her in different positions every couple days over the past week. Flatness and crease marks pretty much disappeared I think. Back to regular plumpness. Live in the desert SW..she has been stored in my closet where it gets a bit hot...maybe mid 80s to low 90s since no AC or fan in closet. No issues whatsoever.
Maybe U might want to put a cheap thermometer in the shed to see what average temps are. If it gets too hot beyond your worry level...put a cheap outlet timer and fan in there just to be safe. But honestly I dont think you need to worry too much unless in the 100s. As for mold, whole nother story. I wouldnt want to risk that on my Doll..so Id advise looking into some mold resistant bags for the wet winter months..maybe a dehumidifier...U get the idea. GOod luck

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Just wanted to say how appreciated these insights are. They will help people avoid issues in the future.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

mgarner77

Post by mgarner77 »

tubee wrote:If TPE she should rest lying down. Come fall and winter I wudn't store her outside. You're asking for mold. I don't know what elevation you're at but a metal shed in the back yard is going to heat up unless it's under a shade tree. If temp and humidity control is out of your hands I'd go silicone. It's the safest route given the circumstances.
I think this is the best answer for my dilemma. Rest the no name doll lying down. Bring her in during moderate weather and maybe an extra layer of starch when stored. All of toys have been taken cared of.... Diving into full tpe requires more thought and preparation.

Thank you for all the pre-prep precautions you all have advised me.

:glou:

itvman

Post by itvman »

For God's sake don't do it. Your biggest enemy is damp not heat. Mold spores attach themselves to tpe and burrow roots. Both the foam and the doll will be covered in it in no time at all.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Itvman, what you said about mold and tpe is frightful. That has really occurred with dolls?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

itvman

Post by itvman »

CF wrote:Itvman, what you said about mold and tpe is frightful. That has really occurred with dolls?
Well, I had one of those butt-type mini torsos (my first experience with tpe) and I stored it without much care (didn't know about cornstarch so there was probably some damp absorbed into the outer layer after cleaning) and when I went to get it one day it had filthy black dots all over it and inside it, which do NOT come off. Like I said, the culprits sow roots into the flesh and would have to be cut out. I threw it in the frigging bin. A $400 lesson in bio-hazard reduction! Another (cheaper) tpe toy I had went a similar way because it was so difficult to dry the interior. Having just bought a doll I'm taking no chances. There is a bucket of silica gel nearby to absorb damp and when I do wash her then she will be rendered as dry as a baby's freshly powdered arse afterwards :plaidskirt: . If you've read my review then you'll know I have to keep her in a closet while at work but it is dry and has been cleaned thoroughly and she comes out while I am around to make sure she gets regular air flow. I'm pretty sure she will not suffer the same dreadful fate!

At the other extreme of that is an outdoor shed: no environmental control, micro-organisms everywhere, constant temperature changes and damp air on cold nights. It's a recipe for disaster.

tubee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubee »

Hi itvman, I use an aquarium air pump with some tubing to insure cavities are dry. I also use isopropyl alcohol for cleaning. It evaporates so again less chance of moisture being left behind.
CF wrote:Itvman, what you said about mold and tpe is frightful. That has really occurred with dolls?
Yes, silicone too.
ImageImagePatti and Nikki have many sisters here on TDF

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

It is true what is said about burrowing and making a mark that will not come out. I have been trying bleach to try and penetrate the spots on my TPE doll. No luck yet but my next step will be extreme.
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

TPE dolls must be stored in a temperature and humidity controlled environment; otherwise, their lifespan will be significantly reduced.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

itvman

Post by itvman »

I don't know much about silicone dolls but I know that mould will burrow into silicone sealing in showers. It has to be stripped out and thrown away. You can't remove it. I got a doll with a fixed vagina but I will use female condoms rather than try to clean it out because I can't think of a good way to dry it out (although the aquarium pump is a good idea). Maybe a hairdryer on low heat. I read something about someone using paper towels but that would not be a good idea. The towels will leave paper dust residue which is like caviar to the little bastards. Damp + any form of nutrient like paper, saliva or semen will create problems.

White cleaning vinegar is an effective mold and mildew killing agent. The spores swell up and burst, although that will not remove any stains. The smell disappears completely once it's evaporated, and it's non toxic.

Also a canary for mold is a simple mirror (or a cd!). Any spores present in the environment will show up clearly on the glass surface and you can take steps before things go wrong.

INFORMATIONS