www.wmdolls.com

TPE and latex OR Is WM's TPE blend leaking oil?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

TPE and latex OR Is WM's TPE blend leaking oil?

Post by nukeno »

Hi guys,

I don't own a TPE doll yet but probably will by the end of the year.
But I'm also a big latex/rubber fan and latex and mineral oil doesn't mix well.
That's why you shouldn't use oil based lube when using condoms.
Silicone oil is OK though.

Now I know that TPE may contain mineral oil which may or may not leak out of the mixture over time.
Also some TPE-doll owners oil their dolls to maintain the TPE, which may or may not work, depending on the blend and manufacturer.
It's a controversial topic.

So, my questions are:
Is WM's TPE blend leaking mineral oil?
And has somebody used silicone oil on TPE instead of mineral oil?

kind regards
nukeno
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE and latex OR Is WM's TPE blend leaking oil?

Post by haremlover »

The new TPEs don't leak oil but nevertheless argue with silicone

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nukeno »

Thanks harem,

while trying to remind myself which material destroys which, I found these helpful threads here on TDF.
I cross link them here for whoever reads this and is asking himself the same question.

viewtopic.php?f=263&t=77119
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=85671

This means, when TPE doesn't leak oil anymore and if "Dolly Dearest"'s latex elf ears don't get eaten by it, I might get away with it, dressing TPE dolls in latex.
But just to be sure, it wouldn't probably hurt to put them in some kind of body stocking or lycra-catsuit first and put the latex on top of that and use lots of powder underneath the latex instead of silicon oil to make the dressing process easier, right?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

You will know reasonably quickly when the leeching reaction occurs as you will feel the doll surface starting to "sweat".

Good Luck, but my recommend would nbe to test with a tpe offcut first.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I don't know if it was latex or something else, but VonRubber had his Svetlana in a full latex-looking suit once. I'm pretty sure he used a nylon body suit underneath, which would both protect the doll from nasty black stains and help the clothes go on much easier. Unsure if he had to powder the clothes of it nylon bodysuit alone did the trick.

Latex on TPE skin itself would need a lot of powdering though. TPE is much grippier (creates more friction) than human skin.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Put a latex balloon on her skin for 6 hours and see if it inflates without bursting afterwards.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nukeno »

JunkGuy wrote:Latex on TPE skin itself would need a lot of powdering though. TPE is much grippier (creates more friction) than human skin.
That's exactly why you would use silicone oil, at least as a human but of course not on a TPE doll, because it makes dressing a lot easier. So I think using powder or at least, like you said, a nylon body stocking, helps to seperate those sticky surfaces.
VonRubber used a coated fabric catsuit (like this, as far I can tell), which are not sticky at all. (I don't know what this material is called in english.) Would work too, but doesn't look or feels quiet the same as latex. Have a look at here to see what I mean.
For example: Because latex gets glued (vulcanized), you have no seams...
haremlover wrote:Put a latex balloon on her skin for 6 hours and see if it inflates without bursting afterwards.
One may also put a condom between her thighs for 6 hours to see what happens... ;)
But seriously, good advice! I have a lot of little latex color samples I can use for testing... :thumbs_up:

neo1968
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by neo1968 »

I think after reading all of this, it has prompted my decision to steer clear of TPE dolls until either they improve them or some better material comes along. It's almost as if you need to have a chemistry degree to figure out which materials will interact positively or negatively. I'm looking at getting a doll in the coming year and I know it's going to be silicone. I want to dress my doll and future dolls in latex as well as wetsuits. That's my kink! It's a shame about the TPE dolls though. I saw a lot of them that look so nice and so well done. I would hate to buy a TPE doll and dress them up only to get unwanted results. As a precaution, I want to get some flesh colored bodysuit and perhaps some panty hose to make it easier for me to put on the latex or neoprene. There's a guy in Japan who dresses up his dolls in wetsuits and scuba gear as well as motorcycle leather suits and other stuff. He has his own website. It's inspired me enough to want to get a doll or two and do the same.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

neo1968 wrote:I think after reading all of this, it has prompted my decision to steer clear of TPE dolls until either they improve them or some better material comes along. It's almost as if you need to have a chemistry degree to figure out which materials will interact positively or negatively. I'm looking at getting a doll in the coming year and I know it's going to be silicone. I want to dress my doll and future dolls in latex as well as wetsuits. That's my kink! It's a shame about the TPE dolls though. I saw a lot of them that look so nice and so well done. I would hate to buy a TPE doll and dress them up only to get unwanted results. As a precaution, I want to get some flesh colored bodysuit and perhaps some panty hose to make it easier for me to put on the latex or neoprene. There's a guy in Japan who dresses up his dolls in wetsuits and scuba gear as well as motorcycle leather suits and other stuff. He has his own website. It's inspired me enough to want to get a doll or two and do the same.
You're reading a two year old thread, which as far as TPE is concerned, is a lifetime. The dolls produced these days use TPE that is much better quality than the type used back then. The smell is pretty much non-existent, there is little to no oil leeching, and the tackiness is hardly noticeable, even without powdering.

MattUK

Post by MattUK »

I don't have much to compare to, but I have a doll that is a year old and she does leech oil (assuming this means deposit oil on things) and does need powdering. Not much of a smell though.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

My dozen tpe dolls don't have an oil problem. I don't powder and nothing is sticky since 2017. However, if they touch cardboard, paper, or a wall, that material will steal the internal oil.

john4411
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by john4411 »

You can dress a TPE doll in latex, I have done it and continue to do so BUT the trick is don’t leave it latex on for a long period of time, my absolute time limit wis 2 hours. And another option would be to dress her in a body stocking first.

INFORMATIONS