www.wmdolls.com

How to loosen joints?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: How to loosen joints?

Post by havefun »

WM Dolls Affiliate wrote:
I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve by arguing about this, havefun. There is nothing to argue about unless it is only for the sake of arguing. Cutting in TPE material is nothing complicated, dangerous or difficult. If a customer wants to cut, he can cut. After cut is made you will see the skeleton and joints.

But.

We think where we and you differ might be when it comes to what we define as a repair and fault vs. modifying and tampering. Let me explain: A WM doll joint is by default stiff. After some use the joint loosens up. This is how it is meant to be and how it will stay for the time being. As mentioned we will consider some of the suggestions about a loose-jointed version of the doll, but this is not done overnight.
The thread starter wants to loosen the joint manually and not wait for the joints to loosen up over time as it is meant to do. He wants to do this by accessing the joint via a cut made in the TPE. This is not a repair. Something would have to be damaged, faulty or in some way not functioning like it is supposed to be to be defined as a repair. As far as we can tell this joint is functioning like it is supposed to do, but needs more time. In other words this is a modification of a functioning joint, and we strongly urge customers to not try to modify or manually try to loosen up joints with tools. You keep asking why? I will tell you why: This could potentially damage the doll and as a dollmaker we can of course not recommend our customers to try to force a joint to loosen up. Let it take its time like it was designed to.
I'm not arguing about this I just asked a question and I get no answer so I'm done with this. You just sold me on NOT buying a TPE doll again. I just thought you might have come up with a new way to repair TPE if you had to cut into it, But I guess not. Thanks

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

I didn't mean to start a can of worms with this thread.

Its been a month and the joint movement is starting to smooth out, btw.

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

ilikedolls123 wrote:I didn't mean to start a can of worms with this thread.

Its been a month and the joint movement is starting to smooth out, btw.
You didn't do anything wrong and I'm glad it's loosening up for you.

anataus

Post by anataus »

ilikedolls123 wrote:Yes, I know most people prefer the stiff joints. I prefer loose, even floppy if possible..
Same here
A floppy doll would be the best solution for an exclusive sexual use of the doll
Any technical problem ?

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

anataus wrote:
ilikedolls123 wrote:Yes, I know most people prefer the stiff joints. I prefer loose, even floppy if possible..
Same here
A floppy doll would be the best solution for an exclusive sexual use of the doll
Any technical problem ?
No technical problem involved with the joint stiffness, if that is what you are inquiring. They are slowly loosening, though.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Well that escalated quickly.

TheConsortium

Post by TheConsortium »

"Escalator to Flame Wars"

now opening at a theatre near you
TheConsortium

Be good or be good at it. Failing that, run faster!

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I read all the way through that hoping to hear if a TPE cut could be repaired or not.

Dez
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dez »

PLEASE help...i want to tighten...anyone had any luck with that..i found CrazyGlue advance rubber holds well...was wondering if anyone has ever had luck with a small slice and tighten..and if so..innner or outter knee?

deegee
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by deegee »

Thread Resurrection...

I am a 190 lb pretty strong guy.
I have a torso leg doll as well that I just recently bought.
The knees, feet, and leg spreading hip joints are fine, in that they move reasonably easy.

But the hip joint that moves the leg forward/backward is virtually impossible to move on my doll.
You can even hear the squeal of metal on metal when trying to move either leg up or down.
And that is with applying maximum strength to the point where I am afraid I am going to tear off the TPE skin from the skeleton.
I literally have to put my shoulder against the doll's thigh bone and push with my entire body to move it while pushing with both hands on the torso.

If WM is simply putting bolts through steel rods with lock washers and nuts on them, then they need to change their design to using nylon bushings.
Nylon bushings are self lubricating.
The doll skeletons would maintain their correct joint torsion strength throughout their lifetime without ever being too tight or too loose.

For me, the doll is basically useless for sex, since it is almost impossible to get it into a position that is usable since the thigh bone is basically locked straight out (the default laying position).
So it sits on a towel on a desk in its default laying position unused.
I was considering buying the 140cm doll, but due to the problems with the skeleton in the torso legs, I don't want to spend the money on something that is unusable.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

The quality control on WM joints remains a problem. On my 2015 155 doll, the joints were extremely tight, making sex difficult. However, she did in fact loosen up with use and has become quite the contortionist and sexual champion. However, her left wrist rotates the wrong way. They were so stiff at first I didn't think they DID rotate. Someone should have checked before the doll was poured to see if her wrist were in the correct position. This is a simple quality control error.
I also have a 2016 157. She has also loosened up some, but her back will not bend. It is too tight. 200 pounds of pressure won't do it. I fear I will break her if I press any harder. Also, she might not straighten up if I do get her to bend. All the other joints work fine, including back twisting. Therefore, she is not as good in bed as the 155, and probably never will be, unless I get that back to bend.

This whole problem boils down to the use of a torque wrench. Find the torque spec that works best for each joint, and then make them all the same. If someone wants a loose doll, drop the torque about 20 ft/lbs or whatever works best. It seems like a totally easy and fixable problem, but I'm not making the dolls.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Customers shouldn't have to do major repairs either. It would be much like buying a BMW and replacing a headgasket ,
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

I have numerous dolls, mostly silicone but more recently two TPE dolls have joined our family.
Both types of doll require periodic maintenance and both can be cut into and repaired as needed.
I have cut into and tightened wrist, ankle and knee joints in one of the TPE dolls and I have also
done the same on several of the silicone ones. The TPE doll is actually easier to repair than the silicone ones due to the TPE
not having a foam inner core to cut thru and repair. Once thru the TPE skin, the joints are very easy to work on and can be tightened
back up, or in the case of the original poster, they could be loosened as well. But they will loosen on their own over time.
If you want them to keep stiff joints, you will need to cut into them and tighten the joints back up.
For the most part, each of the different manufacturers have provided advice and even photos to me of how the work should be done.
They have been very helpful and want me to be a satisfied customer, knowing I am willing to do the surgery.
For some to complain that their doll does not stay in it's original condition or that it needs maintenance is expecting a mechanical device to
never need adjusting, which is not practical. Even a million dollar luxury car needs the oil changed on a regular basis and needs the brakes
replaced after so much use. A doll is no different. People with money can just drop their car off for service, others have to do it themselves.
Dolls don't care how much you have, just that you take care of them so they can take care of you :wink:

Ephebo

Post by Ephebo »

i vote for loose joints too

deegee
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by deegee »

CharlieWone wrote:For some to complain that their doll does not stay in it's original condition or that it needs maintenance is expecting a mechanical device to
never need adjusting, which is not practical. Even a million dollar luxury car needs the oil changed on a regular basis and needs the brakes
replaced after so much use. A doll is no different.
I completely disagree with this.

If the doll manufacturers used nylon or teflon bushing and sleeves in the joints, nylock nuts, and torque'd the nuts and bolts to proper values, there would be close to zero issue with the joints.

An overly loose or overly tight doll joint, is like a car manufacturer who has a door that won't close, or a door that is seized shut and can't be opened.
Would that be an acceptable vehicle to purchase?? No!

It is not like an oil change, an oil change would be the equivalent of washing and powdering the vagina and anus on your doll.

INFORMATIONS