www.wmdolls.com

Poses / skeleton movement

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Poses / skeleton movement

Post by adelea »

Hi,

Is there a diagram somewhere of how to move the WM skeleton? Some movements are easier if you do others first - like turning the hands.

Also - would be helpful if folks could share how they actually setup certain poses.

I have just tried getting Adara into a doggie style position, but she kept collapsing from her shoulders onto her face. Eventually I managed it, but her arms were in a very awkward looking arrangement!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Poses / skeleton movement

Post by djcdoll »

adelea wrote:Hi,

Is there a diagram somewhere of how to move the WM skeleton? Some movements are easier if you do others first - like turning the hands.

Also - would be helpful if folks could share how they actually setup certain poses.

I have just tried getting Adara into a doggie style position, but she kept collapsing from her shoulders onto her face. Eventually I managed it, but her arms were in a very awkward looking arrangement!
Hi adelea,

As far as "doggie style position" is concerned you need to be very careful with her hands and arms.
She's probably okay balanced for short periods like that for photos but if you fancy sex like that I would put a large thick cushion or two under her chest and let her lie on that.
Don't place any weight on her arms and hands.
Also be very careful of her back joint, a lot of dolls have been broken there.

I don't know how much photography you've done before, so I appologise beforehand if you already know all this stuff below. :?

I'm no expert, but posing your girl for photos takes a little time and practice.
There are plenty of online posing guides for portrait and glamour photography, a google search will find plenty - they also give ideas about lighting setups too.

I'd start off with basic poses first with your girl either sitting in a chair or on the side of a bed.
Try different angles rather than standing over her, get down to her eye level, etc...
Daylight is great if you have it, but additional lighting helps. Experiment with lighting setups too.
A tripod will stop camera shake too.
Watch out for lens distortion if you get too close with a wide angle lens. Better to stand away and use a slightly longer focal length.

Sometimes showing less flesh is far more sexy than totally nude, so find some clothing props to help. Same goes for candid photos.
Putting your doll in a story, scenario or situation can help make things interesting.
There are probably thousands of photos on TDF of dolls in lingerie so maybe trying to think of something different or outside of the box can help make yours standout - just my opinion.

If you're going to try posing her standing, make sure she is supported at 3 points and watch her like a hawk. They have a tendency to move/fall without warning.
Posing her standing in heels requires some extra care and attention to prevent toe and foot damage, but can be done.

Have a good look at and really study the doll photos by Stacy Leigh, she's probably one of the best in my opinion. :thumbs_up:
Also Mandos, Allotahope are up there too, amongst others.

Once you've taken a few photos, look at them full screen on your computer and decide what works and what doesn't.
Sometimes a slight change in the pose makes a BIG difference, e.g. bending a leg more, moving an arm, moving her head or eyes, etc.

The BIG advantage of photographing dolls over a real human model is you have time on your side, if you see what I mean! :D
Sorry for the long ramble, but hope it helps.
Good luck and we'll look forward to seeing your results.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I have a WM skeleton without TPE. Don't worry, I didn't skin a doll, I bout it new from Jinsan. I can show you whatever you want. Got to go to work now though, it'll be later tonight.
20181201_234206.jpg
20181201_234206.jpg (658.32 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

adelea wrote:Is there a diagram somewhere of how to move the WM skeleton? Some movements are easier if you do others first - like turning the hands.
I used this diagram when I got my first WM doll, helped a lot.
doll-motion-diagram.jpg
Diff. mfg, but same range of motion, sans shrugging shoulders. Congrats and have fun!

djcdoll wrote:...Have a good look at and really study the doll photos by Stacy Leigh, she's probably one of the best in my opinion. :thumbs_up:
Also Mandos, Allotahope are up there too, amongst others...
Yeah, like djcdoll. ;)
Seriously though, great doll photography tips. Should be a sticky, damn lol.
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

@djcdoll - thanks, lots of useful tips there! I only had her kneeling for a short while, I think for more poses in future, then some form of support will be needed.

@grimreefer - also thanks - but I think the diagram posted by Mimik should do the job - from what I can see of the skeleton in your picture it does match up with the joints.

@Mimik - thank you!

pup001

Post by pup001 »

This video from dollforever might help

medojed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by medojed »

@Mimik
Thanks a lot. It helped.

qwertynomaniak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by qwertynomaniak »

pup001 wrote:This video from dollforever might help

Thanks for the video, it helped a lot

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

adelea wrote:@Mimik - thank you!
medojed wrote:@Mimik
Thanks a lot. It helped.
No prob. :thumbs_up:
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

somethingrandom

Post by somethingrandom »

@mimik The diagram is amazing! Thank you for posting that. What mfg is that for?

@pup001 That video was great, it answered most of my questions about how dolls move and how to move them.

A pic like that and a link to a video like that should come with every doll.

@grimreefer a series of photo diagrams showing common movement dos and don'ts would be very helpful. The video showed and explained the easiest ways to move your doll, but a "don't do this and here's why" would be equally useful. Especially when it comes to hands. I've heard there are ways of trying to move hands that a virtually guaranteed to snap the palm plate. And the vid didn't talk about fingers at all...

Thanks for all the info everyone. It has been SOOO helpful. That pic and vid should be linked into one of the newlywed guides (if they haven't already, I haven't really checked since I don't have my girl yet).

INFORMATIONS