www.wmdolls.com

When does the oil stop?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: When does the oil stop?

Post by Robert Lloyd »

HSP_960 wrote:Why buy TPE when you enjoy a silicone doll?
1. TPE smells, silicone not so much.
2. TPE requires MUCH more maintenance than silicone.
3. TPE leaks oil, silicone doesn't. (Note: Yes, we are aware of the minority of doll owners that allege silicone leaks oil.)

Why go through the headaches listed above, especially when the prices of good-quality silicone dolls has come down?
1. Silicone does indeed smell a tiny bit.
2. Yes, that seems to be the prevailing opinion
3. I put my silicone doll in a box for a few months. After pulling her out the box was indeed stained with oil. You seem to imply those of us who have seen our silicone dolls leak oil are wrong or delusional. We are not. Let's suppose silicone dolls leak 1% of the amount of oil of TPE dolls. I'm okay with that supposition. However, you can't unequivocally say silicone dolls never leak oil under any circumstances. I'd argue it's a really small amount, but it's there.

I agree with you about choosing silicone over TPE. If the price was the same, why would anyone buy TPE over silicone?
One poster told me that TPE just feels more natural to the touch.
If this is true then that would be the only reason to buy a TPE doll in my view (if prices were the same).

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Chuck Norris wrote:Mine is 4 months old now. Washed her many many many times and only baby oil her stressed areas due to my paranoia of the tpe. And she is still marking her territory with oil. I got used to it and moved on to other things...

But the other day, I had to use baby oil to remove some fail attempt makeup job. I noticed that even though her head was completely clean, Little balls of black goo started appearing all over her face and smearing all over. Water can not wash it off properly.
Wondering what the heck is that... and how to remove it lol!

A while ago, my 140 had some black stuff on her face that I couldn't get off. The more I tried, the more it kinda rolled up and just moved around. Like you said, water didn't work. Drove me frickin nuts. Then I put powder on her face and rubbed it, and the stuff came right off. Don't know if the black stuff you have is the same stuff, but it couldn't hurt to try it. The powder sticks to the stuff and coats it, so it can't stick back to the TPE.

Doll Lover77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doll Lover77 »

Mine does it a little bit. I oiled her after gave her bath, I thought it was because of that. Looks like its pretty common. There not much oil and I can live it. lol

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Slew wrote:
HSP_960 wrote: Why go through the headaches listed above, especially when the prices of good-quality silicone dolls has come down?
I think with a lot of doll purchases, the rubber medium is a secondary criteria and sometimes not a factor, and the doll sells because she looks attractive to the buyer.

Personally, setting price aside, my criteria would be looks first and tactile softness a close second, and concerns about odor/oils/maintenance aren't a priority for me at all. Everyone's got a different approach to it. Silicone's price coming down does indicate that TPE isn't necessarily the future of the industry.
What about:
1. Durability (silicone is far more durable)
2. Repairability (silicone can be repaired in cases that are fatal to TPE)
3. Resistance to mold (isn't it fair to say silicone is more resistant to mold by far?)

Do you argue that no silicone blend can compete with TPE's tactile softness? Someone else did indeed argue that point with me. I'm not disagreeing by any means as I honestly don't know.

If a manufacturer could make the same beautiful face and body you want and make a silicone blend with tactile softness you want and do it for the same price as TPE would you have any reason to buy TPE? I argue you would not.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

I agree with you on all counts, Robert. No, I don't argue silicone's potential softness meeting or even exceeding TPE's typical softness, I just meant that if tactile softness is a high priority and things like maintenance and repairs are not as important to a particular buyer, then it's likely that TPE will be among top choices at least. As far as I understand, the TPE range is still generally softer than the silicone range on average.

I also believe durability has almost as much to do with care and handling as it does the rubber medium used, at least if we're talking about a high qulaity TPE blend(this is another subject altogether) vs. standard platinum silicone. Sure TPE will degrade in a shorter time, but is that such a difference that care and handling won't come into play first, and usually by quite a while?

And yes, by all means, prices, looks and softness being equal, silicone holds a clear advantage for all the usual reasons of longevity and ease of maintenance/repair.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Slew wrote:And yes, by all means, prices, looks and softness being equal, silicone holds a clear advantage for all the usual reasons of longevity and ease of maintenance/repair.
Thank you. I think most of us will agree will no one will ever say "Hey, I'm buying TPE today because it's a better quality material."

Now doll owners might say:
1. I'm buying a TPE doll today because it's less expensive than silicone
2. I'm buying a TPE doll today because I have a better selection of good looking heads and bodies to choose from.
3. I'm buying a TPE doll today because it feels more lifelike to the touch than most silicone blends
4. I'm buying a TPE doll today because of some combination of the three

If any silicone doll manufacturer eliminates all three of the above reasons someone might buy a TPE doll, I see no reason any educated doll owner would intentionally buy a TPE doll.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

I can tell you why I bought TPE dolls. Because I looked at the silicone dolls and didn't see ONE that I liked. Not a one. I also don't mind maintenance, and I don't see what kind of cases that could be "fatal" to TPE dolls. I've fixed some really bad damages, and I am by no means the expert that some others on this very forum are. That being said, hasn't this strayed from the topic of when the oil stops? Also, if this is the WM Dolls section, why are silicone dolls under discussion when WM doesn't make silicone dolls?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

BWheeler1 wrote:That being said, hasn't this strayed from the topic of when the oil stops? Also, if this is the WM Dolls section, why are silicone dolls under discussion when WM doesn't make silicone dolls?
THANK YOU!

dolls to the wall

Post by dolls to the wall »

What I think may be getting overlooked here is that in order for silicone to achieve the softness of TPE, it would likely lose it's durability. Would it still have an advantage in maintenance? Sure, for now. Like I've said, I got my TPE doll 4 days ago now, and she's no longer leaving stains on sheets, etc. It is also arguable that the negative aspects of TPE are being overcome just as rapidly as the positive aspects of silicone are developing. At the end of the day, people want dolls that look good, feel real, and that won't break the bank (heck, or their back for that matter!). In time, I honestly think that the premise of this debate will become very moot and irrelevant.
I also happen to have a higher end silicone doll, but honestly, my new TPE girl is my favorite, because she has the body that I actually wanted, not the body that I had to settle for because it wasn't offered in a silicone format.

As for the silicone dolls, they tend to have hard foam just under the silicone, which I personally don't care for. It tends to add a more solid feel sure, but IMO it lacks softness, not due to the fact that it's silicone, but due to the fact that there's hard foam under there! lol I suppose I just like the overall design of the TPE dolls more, but that's my personal taste. But like I said, after a while (a couple of years maybe) it likely won't matter which material you choose.

NOW, I will say this! The price point of TPE does attract a lot of first time buyers. If you were to go onto youtube and see those reaction videos, they tend to be TPE dolls. Right now, TPE is more for the "everyman". Easy entry, (no pun intended) and lower risk exposure for newbies. Sort of like, sure in the 80's a Mercedes Benze was more expensive, and was arguably a better car than a Kia (sorry to any 80's kia owners). That was, Until most cars started adopting the same tech, and luxury features at lower price points. Now you can get a Kia with similar features to a Benze at a fraction of the cost.

My point is simply this. As more people utilize TPE dolls as an entry point, it will allow for a larger asset pool for TPE manufacturers to do R&D. Not just because they'll have the funding, but because they will have avery large captive audience who is already familiar with their products and would like the new features, body styles, etc.
My little fireball, evɘ:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Body: YL165, Head: WM#15

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Mr Franz wrote:
BWheeler1 wrote:That being said, hasn't this strayed from the topic of when the oil stops? Also, if this is the WM Dolls section, why are silicone dolls under discussion when WM doesn't make silicone dolls?
THANK YOU!
Yes it's strayed. But I think it was in good faith and only because one part of the subject naturally leads to another. TPE leaches oils, so what does silicone do? Well that's all it takes of course. Some good conversation here too.

If the OP wants, I'll split this into two topics. :thumbs_up:

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Yeah, it strayed and I'm partly to blame... ;)

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Didnt know dolls leave oil spots, I'm assuming thats why they are so easily stained by color clothes by absorbing... my 51" doll was leaking actual oil through a tiny slash on her leg, took a while for it to stop, only issue I ever encounter with my dolls.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I agree this topic has strayed somewhat from the OP’s original query!

However, for those of you that think their doll, whether TPE or silicone, does not leak oils sit it on a piece of cardboard and see what happens!

Silicone oils are present in silicone and hydrocarbon oils are present in TPE. It’s the only way these materials remain supple. I could go into the manufacturing processes but that would stray too far from the OP’s original post. I have, in my distant past, been a plastics engineer.

What is different for each doll is how much oil evaporates through the ‘skin’ surface and, again, this goes back to the manufacturing process of each blend, whether silicone or TPE!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

hollows+fentiman wrote: What is different for each doll is how much oil evaporates through the ‘skin’ surface ...
The oils 'Migrate' to the surface of the skin. (not evaporate)

They (oils) come from the thinners used not the silicone itself. I can't comment on TPE.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

dolls to the wall

Post by dolls to the wall »

Found this pretty interesting site. It pertains to types of TPE, their uses, advantages, and disadvantages. Also, on the right side of the screen, there are links to other useful info such as the role of additives, etc.

I reckon I'll just leave this here for anyone interested...
http://www.bpf.co.uk/Plastipedia/Polyme ... omers.aspx
My little fireball, evɘ:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Body: YL165, Head: WM#15

INFORMATIONS