www.wmdolls.com

When does the oil stop?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Harbo254
Apprentice
Apprentice

When does the oil stop?

Post by Harbo254 »

I've had Sabrina for 2 months now and she's still marking her territory with oily spots. I pretty much have to keep her on her blanket or a towel. She gets bathed about every other week and powdered twice a week. Does this eventually slow down and stop? Am I not bathing or powdering enough? I don't want greasy spots all over but I really don't want her to dry out either!

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: When does the oil stop?

Post by Broven »

I'm not an expert, but my experience with my one doll is that it does slow down over time. At first I had to keep Anna Marie's pink blanket under her all the time, but now she rarely uses it and I don't seem to have any stains on the furniture that I can see. This may just be my experience though.

I suppose, with my bad eyesight, that it could just be that everything I own is now evenly stained though. ;)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

rgp3

Post by rgp3 »

Sounds like Sabrina is TPE?

Gwen's silicone, and I had to wash and powder her every other day for the first week, then it slowed down to once a week where she's been ever since.
2021 - Jess 100cm Piper Doll
2018 - Gwen 150cm Z-Onedoll (retired)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I must have some kind of odd WM. She's a year old now, but aside from a small quarter sized stain on the box when I 1st got her, she's never leached any oil. No smell either. I don't do anything special. I mean, I keep her clean and apply baby oil and Vaseline as needed along with cornstarch used very sparingly, but that's about it. She's still just as soft as ever and not dry feeling in the least.

Harbo254
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Harbo254 »

Thanks for the input everyone. Yes, Sabrina is TPE (a WM140A). Her pink blanket pretty much has to stay around her in bed because if so much as a heel or elbow gets out, there's a spot. I guess you could say I'm used to sleeping with a pink blankie now.

I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing and hope it slows down a bit. I occasionally add vaseline or baby oil at the thighs and shoulders (high stress areas) but don't see any reason right now to add any more anywhere else.

Side note - we now have either a broken or dislocated thumb. :cry: I know how it happened and totally my fault. *sigh*

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I still have excess oil and sweat every day from my body even after 44 years.
Apparently, I have excess oil due to my genetics.
Will it stop soon? ;)

In all seriousness, it's important to note silicone does have oil staining as well. Perhaps we can all agree TPE is far worse on average, but silicone does have a little bit of oil staining as well.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Sorry to hear about the thumb Harbo. Although it sucks when it happens, it can lead to further bonding. She might get some special care now.. :wink:

As for the oil leaching, it should probably slow to a stop soon enough. I think most of the TPE these days is a bit softer blend, so it might have a little more oils to begin with and leaching might last longer because of it. But I'd guess it shouldn't last more than a few months and it might stop before that.

Johnbuhr

Post by Johnbuhr »

It might never completely stop oiling because it probably is a property of soft elastomers. We're even supposed to add oil (mineral oil saturation) from time to time, especially in the high tension places, to keep the softness and avoid abrasion and tearing.
The different experiences might be related to the conditions where the dolls are stored and used (type of fabric, type of surface finish on furniture, etc.). The appearance of oil spots depends on the type and color of material it is in contact with. Temperature and humidity might also be a factor. A simple test could be to sit your doll on a dark IKEA LACK table (that small cheap table you see everywhere around the world). The surface finish of that kind of IKEA furniture is horribly sensitive to oils.

Personally, I have a lot of dark walls, fabric and furniture, so I do pay attention where laying the dolls and always use dedicated blankets. I have this with both Jinsan and DH168 TPE, although my DH168 is less oily.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

In my experience, the oil never stops completely with either TPE or silicone and that is actually a good thing! You really don’t want the ‘skin’ to dry out completely!

I’ve had my DS100 first generation silicone minis since July2016 and even though they get washed and powdered every now and again they still feel sticky after their wash! They will mark cardboard with an oily patch in a few seconds! My TPE ladies are just the same! Ashaki and Vivette are over two years old now and they are different to the touch. Ashaki does need oiling occasionally as she’s quite ‘skinny’ so the surface can get quite dry at times. I don’t think Vivette will ever need oiling though! I’ve no idea how old Rosheen is but she probably won’t need oiling either.

I used to use dark sheets until the girls arrived! Never again, as the oil just marks them within hours whether or not the girls are well powdered or not! I now use white or near white sheets and you really can’t see any marks! Yes, I know the oil is probably there but I just wash the sheets normally when I think they need doing!!!

The oil in both materials keeps the ‘flesh’ supple but the manufacturing processes are obviously different. It’s silicone oils that exude from silicone and hydrocarbon oils from TPE. When these dolls are made they are ‘hung’ in the factory for a while so some of these oils evaporate but if the doll is packed sooner rather than later it could still need airing in a well ventilated room for a week or so when it arrives. If your doll seems particularly oily DO NOT use babyoil on it or this will stop those oils from evaporating and make matters worse! Powdering can help dry her but the best method (if she’s quite oily) is to leave her uncovered and naked when alone!

So, in my opinion, the answer is yes, the oiliness will slow down after a while but it will never stop and generally just get to a stable level!

Cheers, Hollows.

Edit:- When doing photoshoots or just getting them up for a while I always make sure there’s something between them and what you’re placing or leaning them on or they will always leave a mark. Believe me, it’s very hard to get an oily mark off painted wallpaper and I’ve ended up painting it over a couple of times to get rid of the mark! I now have dedicated cushions to lean them on unless they’re fully dressed!

The oils in TPE and silicone also work on dyes in some clothing differently to water washing which is why staining of the doll can occur! Make sure she is powdered well there or have white underclothes like bodystockings on her unless you know that fabric won’t stain!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

You guys bring up valid points. The conditions when stored, temp/humidity, etc all make an impact and even after a couple or three years, it's possible some amount oils will react with or absorb into whatever comes into contact with the doll, especially if you add baby oil or vaseline of course..

I've oiled my doll 4 times total, since it was first recommended, so she's not got the extra oils some dolls have. She stopped noticeably leaching oils about 4 months after she got here. She's from early 2015.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

In my experience it has been kinda random, some of them do not stain at all (the last three dolls I got in 2017 and 2018) and then one (in my case one from 2016) still stains quite alot. Not sure, but could it have something to do with the general softness of the doll? The one that does stain still is very soft, and the others are much harder.
My DS never stained, but it eats powder like nothing else - where does it all go?
You are washing the doll plenty enough, unless you are constantly licking her or ejaculating all over her there is no reason to wash more often. Use common sense and keep your home clean, including washing the sheets often and keep the blanket clean, and the doll will be cleaner as a result, win win.

Harbo254
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Harbo254 »

Thanks again for the input. Sounds like there's no one clear cut answer, it is just each girl is her own. I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing. I do wash her clothes and blanket as much as I wash my own stuff...weekly that is! :) What prompted my inquiry, which I probably should have called "When does the oil slow down?", is when I put a pair of gray sweat pants on her for the cooler weather and she stained through them in 3 days. Was going to post more pictures but I've decided I'm a lousy photographer.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Harbo254 wrote:Was going to post more pictures but I've decided I'm a lousy photographer.
We don't care about that. We'd like to see your gal regardless. If steadiness is a concern, use a tripod or set the camera on something solid. Lots of photo gurus here who'll give you pointers. :)

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

We're even supposed to add oil (mineral oil saturation) from time to time, especially in the high tension places, to keep the softness and avoid abrasion and tearing.
There is still a lot of debate about this topic. Some vendors suggest regular oiling and others do not. I am not an expert on TPE oiling so I'm not going to take a side on the debate.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

The best advice on that in my opinion is to keep an eye on your lady! My Ashaki is pretty skinny and has dark skin so it does seem to dry fairly easily! Her skin can ‘bloom’ and also get rough scuffing so oiling helps prevent that! I give her an oiling every few months (probably 3 to 4) as and when she seems to need it! However, Vivette is quite ‘chunky’ and I don’t think she’ll ever need oiling! Rosheen may not either but I’ll keep an eye out on that!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

INFORMATIONS