www.wmdolls.com

Hook vs. Lying

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
J90
Active Poster
Active Poster

Hook vs. Lying

Post by J90 »

Hello,

what is the safest way to store a wm doll?
Hanging on a hook or lying in a box?

Edit:
J90 wrote:My vendor recommends lying in the first place, and 2nd hanging.
I think it`s more representative what he says, than a buyer with 1 or 2 dolls,
because the vendor tested it with hundreds of dolls.

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Hook vs. Lying

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

I think the best way is to make her stand with a slight lean backwards against a wall, with a soft foam inbetween.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Standing gets my vote as well. Provided of course you have the standing foot option.... :wink:

J90
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by J90 »

Ok, why not hanging on a hook?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Laying in the same position for extended periods can cause flat spots. Hanging can damage the internal neck assembly. Especially with heavier dolls and those with the goose neck. Now there are ways to mitigate such damage. Extra foam under dolls that lay flat most of the time and allowing the feet to remain in contact with the floor for dolls that are stored hanging. For me though, it's less trouble to just stand them up.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Standing gets my vote too. I've a couple of gals that have been standing permanently for well over a year with just a bit of sponge between them and the wall. All their feet are fine, joints all still nice and firm and the big bonus is you have a lot fewer issues with compression marks, just check any clothing isn't too tight and slacken off bra straps etc so they don't dig in. Plus it just looks awesome having hot women standing about the house, albeit synthetic ones!

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Cant attest to the pros or cons of standing or hanging, because I've never done either with any of my three. One is a little over a month old, one is a little over two months old, and the other is almost three years old. All three lay in my king size bed with me unless we're watching something on television, then they're sitting on the couch. The two are probably too new to say, but the oldest one shows no signs of flattening. Maybe my bed is soft enough that it won't cause flattening, to me it just feels normal. But I have no closets deep enough to hang a doll, and I could never trust them not to fall over if I stood them up while I was at work. Even if there's no way they would fall, I'd still worry about it.

miles mcbroom
Ex-Member

Post by miles mcbroom »

lying

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

I have to disagree with the standing doll supporters.
Best method for storing a doll is lying on a bed with changing the position frequently. (No stressing of any joint, no overstretching the TPE )
Hanging on a hook is a good solution as well. All manufacturers do that. Even for month. Even with heavy dolls. RLSD is highly recommending this method. They did not have any issues with storing like that. Gooseneck 2nd gen is also more stable built
I have several dolls, most of them in standing position. Sounds not really logical, right?
Due to the fact that I haven't enough space to store them other then that, I have to hazard the consequences.
Consequences are what I call the Doll Disease
Happend on most of my standing dolls. Looks like a lot of people here are not really aware of that:
Cuts in the heels from permanently stressing the TPE due to overstretching. Starts with a small cut, growing over time. Can't guarantee that it will happen, but chances are pretty good. Not only Jinsan
IMG_20181006_005110.jpg
IMG_20181006_005110.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
IMG_20181006_005623.jpg
IMG_20181006_005623.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
IMG_20181006_010024.jpg
IMG_20181006_010024.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Depends on the bending of the feet. If you put your doll in some high heels you can avoid overstretching.
IMG_20181005_235142.jpg
IMG_20181005_235142.jpg (106.78 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
BAD
IMG_20181005_235132.jpg
IMG_20181005_235132.jpg (107.33 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
GOOD
IMG_20181005_235459.jpg
IMG_20181005_235459.jpg (101.49 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
WITH HIGH HEELS IN STANDING POSITION
IMG_20181005_235328.jpg
IMG_20181005_235328.jpg (87.24 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
GOOD

Using some baby oil here is maybe also helpful to prevent the worst
Until now, all efforts to fix it, are unsuccessful (TPE glue, TPE paste, heat gun)
Will try it again with heat though (higher temp)
Changing the position regularly won't cause these issues easily. Here, standing is definitely a good solution
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Damn. Those are some pretty nasty looking tears. Since my girls are usually lying in bed, I stretch their feet out, kinda like you would to put heels on them, just so the covers don't weigh down on their toes. I had no idea something like that could happen. I have noticed that when I bend their feet to stand them up, it seems like the TPE has shrunken a bit right where your pics show tears... like the ankle there doesn't want to stretch enough and the hole in the heel for the standing bolt stretches out. I do try to stretch it now and then to maybe loosen it so it goes like it should, but I don't stand them up much so it isn't too big a deal for me.

Whenever I've done repairs on my 140(the others haven't needed any yet), I've used a hot knife to seal it back together. The TPE glue seems to take too long to work, like you have to hold it forever or it'll pull back open. But when I heat up a butter knife and push the wound closed on the knife while simultaneously pulling the knife out, it only takes a few seconds to cool and then it's sealed. Also, the hot knife only melts a thin layer right where it touches the skin, but the TPE glue seems to eat away too much if you use too much. You may want to try the hot knife. Another thing that I would do if mine ever tore like that is, since it needs fixed anyway, I'd graft in a piece of TPE from a test piece to make up for the shrinkage. I've thought of doing that anyway on my 140 just so the heels stay where they belong when the feet are bent to stand. Just an idea.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Can't say I've ever seen that before, Dr Dollinger. Had my doll just shy of a year and she's been standing the majority of that time. No heal/ankle tears whatsoever. Now, I do apply mineral oil every so often and my doll almost always wears socks and shoes when standing. Her everyday shoes have about 2 inch heels. For better balance I also keep an inch thick wooded board under the back part of her shoes when standing. So her heels are always 3 inches higher than her toes. Unlike her fingers, damed stupid factory wires, her feet and toes are perfect.

J90
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by J90 »

My vendor recommends lying in the first place, and 2nd hanging.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

J90 wrote:My vendor recommends lying in the first place, and 2nd hanging.
Not only that, but they've dealt with all sorts of dolls in all different bodies over many years. And any time one of their customers has had a problem, they've heard about it and had to deal with it. Plus, they are in direct contact with the manufacturer very often.

J90
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by J90 »

Since my girls are usually lying in bed, I stretch their feet out, kinda like you would to put heels on them,
You can stretch the skin for a few minutes or hour. But in general the skin should be in relaxed position to avoid tears.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

If hanging, you can always "disburse" the stress by stabilizing her feet.
Love,
The BCD Girls
M&M
Attachments
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2068 times
Misumiat night.jpg
Misumiat night.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 2068 times

INFORMATIONS