www.wmdolls.com

Bigger Eyes

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Bigger Eyes

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Some times you REALLY need to BLOW UP the pictures to see what is really going on.
That face is one of them for sure.
Some times the people doing the make up might make the lips looks smaller using lipstick.
They make the eye look diffrent using MF eyelids.
Some faces look almost the same as the fancy glamour photo shoots, many do not.
Love,
The BCD Girls
Attachments
NYOKODOESMAKEUP.jpg
NYOKODOESMAKEUP.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 829 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

And these lids can change shape as well!
Attachments
20180831_191741_Burst01.jpg
20180831_191741_Burst01.jpg (4.21 MiB) Viewed 822 times

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

She sure looks like a foxy debutante in that 2nd picture from the left with the ear rings, necklace and short hair. I dunno...the upper eye lids look more...sleepy(for lack of a better word) in the vendor picture to me.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

MannequinFan wrote: The light eyelids also serve to optically extend the whites of the eyes so the eyes look bigger when they are really not. It's just an optical illusion.
This is what I was referring to. This is the brown eye in question compared to a "green" eye. Both are WM eyes. The green were ordered from RLSD and have irises exactly the same size as the garnet eyes I bought from them and the blue eyes that came with my 140D that I bought from them. The brown eyes came with my 156C that I bought from them. The iris on the green eye measures 15/32" in diameter. The iris on the brown eye measures 18/32". Last I checked, that's bigger. By almost 1/8 inch. The iris is also much darker, it almost looks black even in person. If you look on RLSD's site at their brown replacement eyes, the ones shown actually look like brown eyes and have irises the same size as all the other WM eye colors. So there are obviously two different types of brown eyes. At any rate, these brown eyes are most definitely NOT the same size as the others, they most definitely ARE bigger, and it is positively NOT an illusion, especially when you actually take the time to measure them.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi BW, thanks for the info and pics.

I realize the iris size varies with the factory eyes. I was not referring to iris size or your post with my comment, but more to how makeup can make the eyes look generally larger. I don't think simply using different eyes with a different size iris is going to accomplish what the OP is wanting here. As much as the factory eyes vary, the chances of getting the exact same eyes as used in the vendor photo are probably slim to none anyway.

Most of the difference here is in the makeup, hair style, skin tone and photographic lighting in my opinion. Just using more dramatic lighting like in the vendor photo can make a huge difference in itself.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

MannequinFan wrote:As much as the factory eyes vary, the chances of getting the exact same eyes as used in the vendor photo are probably slim to none anyway.
Proof of that point is the "green" eye color. It's not green, it's yellow. What I'd like to know is, if the brown eyes you see on the vendor site under replacement eyes are normal, realistic looking brown eyes, what is the purpose of these ones like in the picture I posted? They don't look realistic at all. They're so dark that you almost can't tell the difference between the iris and pupil even at a close look. And the details are not all that great either. The doll they came in was otherwise perfect, exactly what I had wanted, but those fake looking eyes completely ruined her look. She looked like a $2,000 doll with eyes from a teddy bear. Fortunately, I had a set of blue ones from my 140 that ended up looking better in her anyway. One thing I really want to look right is the eyes. With my 140, I even tried buying a set of $50 realdoll green eyes to get the right color. Well, the color was great, but the detail was crap. You could clearly see that the iris was pixelated, as if it had been printed on an inkjet printer. I ended up buying green eyes on Amazon for $5.99 that were the right color and as realistic as the better colors of WM eyes. So if this prop vendor can get it right for six bucks, what the heck is WM doing?

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

OK-A side by side comparison of the WM head and my girl...what thinkest thou? Left to click to enlarge, as you know. The iris is about the same size.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_291 Sep. 03 16.19.jpg
ScreenHunter_291 Sep. 03 16.19.jpg (178.55 KiB) Viewed 776 times

dannyloblack

Post by dannyloblack »

If you put some extra cotton inside the below the eyes of the doll the eyes will seem a bit closed.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Hard to gauge the size without the eyes actually together or without measuring, but based on the color it seems like yours are the normal looking brown eyes and the doll on the left has those dark ones that I have. Do yours look like real brown eyes, like are they not fake looking? The ones that I have are terrible looking, they look like teddy bear eyes. I can tell you that regardless of the size of the iris, just that dark color itself and the crappy detail make the ones I have look bad. It's unbelievable how much of a difference it made. You know how when you get your doll it's almost like she "comes to life" so to speak and then you just kinda know what to name her? My 156C looked so bad with those eyes that she looked just plain lifeless. I had a real hard time naming her and seeing her as more than just a doll until I changed those eyes. I did have a name for her that I did use, but it didn't seem to "take" until then. But once I put those blue eyes in and she looked more realistic, then it happened and she "came to life". Those eyes made all the difference.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Her eyes look like the real deal to me. Here's a blow up of one of the pics. Not as dark brown as some I've seen but still brown.
Attachments
_1DF5889b.jpg
_1DF5889b.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 764 times

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

You have the good ones, those are the ones I wanted with mine but got the dark ones. I don't know how they make the dark ones look decent in the vendor photos, because they don't look that way in reality! It's good that you have those ones. So now if you want them to look different, then you can try different tricks with makeup as a few posters said, or more cotton behind the eyes to push them out a little, which will open the eyelids a little more. Just don't put too much in or she'll look bug eyed! When I tried the realdoll eyes in my 140, they're full round and pushed her eyelids open to where she looked like someone scared the crap out of her. I took out a little TPE from the inside of the eye socket to allow them to sit back farther. Then when I put half round eyes back in, I just used a little more cotton to make up for it. Little things like that make a big difference in the eyes.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Looking at the photos you've posted, two thing stick out for me. In the add photo, the eyelid make-up above the eye and lashes is much lighter than it is on your doll, while the make-up just under the eye and lower lash is darker than it is on your doll. These are actually common tricks make-up artists sometimes use to make the eye appear larger.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Hmmm-I never realized a few tweaks with makeup or even cotton could change things so dramatically. I know next to nothing about either. I've put on a light blush on tow of the girls and lipstick/gloss but never messed with the eyes other than having to glue a portion of one of them that came lose.

YojimBeau

Post by YojimBeau »

ColColt wrote:Hmmm-I never realized a few tweaks with makeup or even cotton could change things so dramatically. I know next to nothing about either. I've put on a light blush on tow of the girls and lipstick/gloss but never messed with the eyes other than having to glue a portion of one of them that came lose.
Even just minor changes can have dramatic results. Two pics of my Gabby. Obviously, the lighting is very different (and it makes a difference too). I added a little cotton behind her eyes, changed wigs, applied a little bit of eyeliner and lipstick, oh, and a touch of lighter eyeshadow (as mentioned previously to make her eyes look larger). This was also my very first ever attempt at applying makeup (ever!), so it's not even very good.
Attachments
Before
Before
20180822_144836b.jpg (569.36 KiB) Viewed 744 times
After
After
20180902_172217b.jpg (267.93 KiB) Viewed 744 times

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Even just minor changes can have dramatic results. Two pics of my Gabby. Obviously, the lighting is very different (and it makes a difference too). I added a little cotton behind her eyes, changed wigs, applied a little bit of eyeliner and lipstick, oh, and a touch of lighter eyeshadow (as mentioned previously to make her eyes look larger). This was also my very first ever attempt at applying makeup (ever!), so it's not even very good
At least you have more "testicular fortitude" than I would. When it comes to the eyes I've yet to venture out and try to change those. I have tried to turn them to the side so I don't have to turn her entire head to the side but had little to no luck doing that. I used a think latex glove like doctors use rather than my bare fingers and couldn't get them to move. The may have moved 1/16th inch but not much.

INFORMATIONS