www.wmdolls.com

To Wash/Oil or Not

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
BWheeler1
Former Member

Re: To Wash/Oil or Not

Post by BWheeler1 »

avante wrote:Hmmm this is quit interesting...I've read the 'no oil' more and more last days, but never so many hahaha kinda makes you wonder ;). So at first I did oiling once a month, 3 months or so. Hate doing it really, so not that much anymore.

But I've read many times the opposite: people advertising to oil so that you doll doesnt break down...hahaha haveing a hard time deciding what to believe you know :D. One other thing I do wonder tho is do you guys also not clean using baby oil? *that's mostly why I use oil, you know she does get dirty ;)
I wash mine in my shower using the same bar soap I use on myself. Most of the time, I kill two birds with one stone and we both shower. Then I dry her and powder her. I have never put any kind of oil on any of my dolls ever. I read horror stories about black sludge from oiling, I read a while ago about a doll that had come into contact with some type of oil and the TPE broke down and ruined the doll. Plus, my vendor and WM themselves say not to oil because it isn't necessary. I've never seen any reason to put oil on my doll so I never will. To me, it would be like polishing my car with brake fluid. Sure, it'll shine real nice for a while but then all the paint will come off. As far as how TPE holds up over time with no oiling, I can only say that after 2-/2 years it still looks and feels exactly the same as the TPE on my brand new doll I just got three days ago.

FirstOrder

Post by FirstOrder »

Do you apply Vaseline on the movable joints or do you stay away from all those types of products?

BWheeler1 wrote:
avante wrote:Hmmm this is quit interesting...I've read the 'no oil' more and more last days, but never so many hahaha kinda makes you wonder ;). So at first I did oiling once a month, 3 months or so. Hate doing it really, so not that much anymore.

But I've read many times the opposite: people advertising to oil so that you doll doesnt break down...hahaha haveing a hard time deciding what to believe you know :D. One other thing I do wonder tho is do you guys also not clean using baby oil? *that's mostly why I use oil, you know she does get dirty ;)
I wash mine in my shower using the same bar soap I use on myself. Most of the time, I kill two birds with one stone and we both shower. Then I dry her and powder her. I have never put any kind of oil on any of my dolls ever. I read horror stories about black sludge from oiling, I read a while ago about a doll that had come into contact with some type of oil and the TPE broke down and ruined the doll. Plus, my vendor and WM themselves say not to oil because it isn't necessary. I've never seen any reason to put oil on my doll so I never will. To me, it would be like polishing my car with brake fluid. Sure, it'll shine real nice for a while but then all the paint will come off. As far as how TPE holds up over time with no oiling, I can only say that after 2-/2 years it still looks and feels exactly the same as the TPE on my brand new doll I just got three days ago.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

With the TPE materiel changing over time it's hard to know what to do. Some of the older instructions indicated using Vaseline or Nivea cream on the joints and internal holes. Also was recommended giving the oil bath once a month. I stopped using the Nivea cream as it has water in it and solely use Vaseline for her internal parts as well as the knees, elbows(front and back), under the breast and armpits mostly maybe once/twice a month.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Nope. All I ever use is soap to wash them and powder. No Vaseline anywhere either. I've heard owners use it under the arms and between the legs to keep the TPE from fusing together and tearing, but I just powder them really good there. It does the job, if TPE is powdered well enough it won't stick together. If you would wash a doll and not powder her, she could end up sticking together wherever her TPE touches. You could stick her hand to her leg if you left it touching without powder. But if she is powdered, it won't happen. Same principle for under the arms and between the legs. Also, even though I've never oiled or rubbed Vaseline on my dolls, my oldest one to this day has none of those stress marks or tears between her legs or anywhere. Not a one. None of my dolls have them, and the only thing I have ever used on them is powder.

FirstOrder wrote:Do you apply Vaseline on the movable joints or do you stay away from all those types of products?

BWheeler1 wrote:

SphericalBoobs
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SphericalBoobs »

Not an expert, but I tend to agree with the no oil and only powder thing. That's what manufacturers/sellers advised me at the time I bought my 2 first WM dolls more than 2 years ago now. I also kill 2 birds with 1 stone taking a shower with a doll (mmmm!), with simple cheap soap, rinse with clean warm tap water. Let it drip over night, then powder as needed before storage.

Never used vaseline either, then again, not an expert. Had some tears in assholes only, but then again, everyone seems to think it is almost inevitable. Most of the oil/vaseline posts I read were from new owners/newly bought dolls, not much old timers, so I doubt it is beneficial for your doll. And believe me when I say I read on the subject: one of my greatest fantasy is oily sex, and I had the chance to realize it with a long term relationship with a girl who really didn't care getting messy, so after that, all I wanted was to oil a pretty doll!! But didn't!

If you want to get shiny/slippery with your dream doll, seriously, juste buy a huge load of waterbased lubricant, and lube the hell out of her sublime body! oil is nice, but an exagerated load of lubricant is just as sexy! And much more easy to clean when the sweet endorphines kick down after having all that messy fun ;)

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Yeah when I got my doll I remember reading all over the place how to oil her like all the time and vaseline those 'stressfull' parts (not just new owners also harem owners, but I guess the guys who are talking/asking about it tend to be new guys for sure). Well at least the general 'consensus' seemed to be to do this at least every now and then. So that is kinda 'my first truth' and now this lol :D. I mean not only not good, but also pot. damaging, that sucks...Nivea I only used one or twice but I do apply Vaseline like all the time for sex and like every 2-3 months or so some 'stressfull' places.

Also what I do is just put oil on my hands and fully rub her with it, area by area, just to get all the dirt off..And well actually the accumulated dirt does sometimes look like some blackish smur or something, but you can easily wipe it off...wondering: is this what people mean with the black sludge (I think) ?
ColColt wrote:With the TPE materiel changing over time it's hard to know what to do. Some of the older instructions indicated using Vaseline or Nivea cream on the joints and internal holes. Also was recommended giving the oil bath once a month. I stopped using the Nivea cream as it has water in it and solely use Vaseline for her internal parts as well as the knees, elbows(front and back), under the breast and armpits mostly maybe once/twice a month.

Thanks for your reply man, sure helpful. I can definitely see from your perspective, I would not doubt it had I had those experiences too. Like say (and like some posted here) if vendors advise it sure seem the way to go (would love to see official WM statement tho, if there is one). And 2,5 year man can not debate with that. Mine is 1,5 years in, but has (small to big) tears in all those area's...well some from me breaking it, but well who knows in the crotch / armpit it's mostly due too (some) oiling and vaseline...

I've read so many times to specificly DO vaseline these areas tho...and now starting to doubt if I should continue or better not lol. I've a specific situation now in her armpit where there was a 'tear' pretty quickly (like some weeks in) but last few weeks it has grown quite a bit and there are more tears/cracks besides it (in like pattern of lines from front shoulder to back of shoulder under the arm pit, sorry dont have pic and shes stored away). So I was considering, before reading all this, the cracking was actually due too me NOT putting vaseline on there...

So is there maybe some remedy to stop further tearing?

BWheeler1 wrote:

New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

SphericalBoobs
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SphericalBoobs »

Little update on the oil subject. 2 years ago, I was about to get rid of my first doll and told myself ''hey, why not try the oil fantasy, after all, I'm going to get rid of her anyway?!''

She was 5 years old at the moment, and had her fair share of adventures (and mistakes!), so I decided to celebrate our 5 years stretch with a very, very oily fuck, oiling her like there was no tomorrow while lustily fucking her very badly, horny as hell to manipulate and touch her ultra shinny and slippery body. I used an entire bottle of baby oil on her, and had quite a memorable time!

After that, I didn't even care to wash the excess oil and let her like that, just to see what would happen. Nothing. Nothing happened. She remained the same, as pretty as she was. It didn't not affect the TPE in any way, negative or positive, much to my surprise. That was very good news, for a oil lover like me!

For the info, she was a WM 155DD doll, bought new in 2015, made of soft TPE

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The only rule is not to over oil or Vaseline TPE
As owners of TPE dolls it is our responsibility to go with the recommendations of the manufacturers of our dolls and try and keep the elastomer/mineral oil balance
The old timers will always tell you to keep your doll clean, with just enough powder to feel sexy, use a good water based lube and to watch for and treat any surface deterioration :)

Cyberpunk2088
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cyberpunk2088 »

Yyeah. I have had mine for 10 days now. She's a irontech tpe. I have her in my man cave covered up fully with a blanket laying down natural Position when I'm not up there. I've only been in my cave 4 times due to being busy, but when I do go up there I have her sitting up next to me. Like a full sitting position back straight.
I did that for two days and I saw minor creasing. I put Vaseline on the creases and they went away for the most part. I sat her up again yesterday for a solid 5 hrs. Which is the usual time I'm in my cave, and I noticed today she has like these stretch marks that are slightly opened on the left leg crease.
I'm sorry I'm new here. I tried creating a post but it hasn't shown up. For whatever reason I couldn't upload pictures to the post either to show. I don't know whether to leave it, oiling it, or trying to fix. It's probably like a cm deep.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Cyberpunk2088 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:38 pm Yyeah. I have had mine for 10 days now. She's a irontech tpe. I have her in my man cave covered up fully with a blanket laying down natural Position when I'm not up there. I've only been in my cave 4 times due to being busy, but when I do go up there I have her sitting up next to me. Like a full sitting position back straight.
I did that for two days and I saw minor creasing. I put Vaseline on the creases and they went away for the most part. I sat her up again yesterday for a solid 5 hrs. Which is the usual time I'm in my cave, and I noticed today she has like these stretch marks that are slightly opened on the left leg crease.
I'm sorry I'm new here. I tried creating a post but it hasn't shown up. For whatever reason I couldn't upload pictures to the post either to show. I don't know whether to leave it, oiling it, or trying to fix. It's probably like a cm deep.
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Re the creases you are seeing, these will be due to having your gal in a sitting position for extended periods which is not recommended. While tpe is stretchy and quite resilient if you leave it in a stressed state for too long then it will cause these creases which can turn into splits eventually, the process may be hastened if it's quite warm, say over 30c so my advice would be to try and avoid having her in a sitting position for too long, rather pop her feet into some socks (or stockings) and trainers and have her stand while leaning against a wall, this is provided she has standing feet. Any splits in the groin area are tricky to fix and not really something that should be undertaken if you are not familiar working with tpe as it's easy to make them a lot worse. Also I would avoid applying too much vaseline as it can act to weaken the tpe making it vulnerable to damage. A new tpe doll will be loaded with oil and some newer blends tend not to lose their oil so readily and therefore don't need frequent maintenance in the form of adding more baby oil or vaseline. I've a few Irontech dolls myself and personally I avoid adding any oil for the first 10 months or more and my newer gals are now getting an oil rub just once a year. Hope that helps.

Cyberpunk2088
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cyberpunk2088 »

Ok thanks for the advice. I won't do anymore Vaseline. She does have the standing feet. So with having a few irontech dolls yourself. If you don't mind me asking. How long due they typically last? Especially if no intercourse is involved?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Cyberpunk2088
Once you get 5 posts up on this site, an Attachment option becomes available in Post Reply

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Cyberpunk2088 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:53 pm Ok thanks for the advice. I won't do anymore Vaseline. She does have the standing feet. So with having a few irontech dolls yourself. If you don't mind me asking. How long due they typically last? Especially if no intercourse is involved?
Hi again, well this is always a difficult question to answer as there are just so many variables. Most of us find that we tend to make mistakes with our first doll and I'm certainly no exception although my first is very much still here and laying on my bed right now. She's another brand and dates from 2016, my 3 Irontech's are much newer, the eldest has only been here for just over a year. Most of my gals have an easy life as they are basically photo models and spend a lot of time standing, waiting to pose for me. They are always dressed and are kept away from direct sunlight and being in the UK means the average temperature is usually around 20c for much of the year where they are. The tpe of my Irontech gals feels nice and smooth and is towards the slightly firmer scale as opposed to softer tpe. For me this is good as in my experience firmer tpe tends to be more resilient and as the newer tpe blends tend to hold their oil better so I'm sure they will last for several years or more. Of course it helps to learn how to work with and repair tpe so I recommend having a look through the repair and maintenance section. You will, no doubt, come across what appears to be conflicting advice but this is mainly because it's an evolving industry, I've seen significant improvements with tpe dolls in the past few years so while silicone is generally considered to be a more robust material tpe has improved to the extent it certainly makes it an attractive alternative which I personally prefer, although silicone still beats it in terms of the fine detail it can create, especially with heads.

To go back to your question, there's a lengthy list of things you can do to reduce wear and tear with tpe. I've already mentioned the importance of keeping your doll in her 'neutral' position (as she was shipped to you), along with that you should avoid any abrasive materials and when you do wash her always dilute any liquid soap with water to a ratio of about 5 to 1. Always pat dry and if you do decide she needs some oil (after nearly a year or so) then apply it sparingly into your hands first then massage it in. Leave it to soak over night then powder the next day, saying that I'm constantly extending out the period of doing this and some folk don't oil at all so it's something you will have to weigh up as you can certainly weaken the tpe by over saturating it with oil (or vaseline). Avoid direct sunlight which can damage tpe and also keep an eye on the ambient temperature if you live in a warm climate as tpe will begin to deform if it's stressed or has any pressure on it when you get over 40c, double that and it begins to melt but then so do we I guess! How you interact with your doll plays a huge part in her longevity so I personally favour femidoms to remove the need to wash her out and occasionally go bareback as a treat. Don't add any water under pressure into any orifice as this runs the risk of introducing water to the skeleton which can be fatal.

No doubt I've missed something but the forum is jam packed full of good advice and tips so have a poke around and you should find the answers you seek.

Good luck!

INFORMATIONS