www.wmdolls.com

What to Do Now

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

What to Do Now

Post by ColColt »

This makes me nervous. I wanted to see if I could get the arch out of her back but after seeing this in the upper back, I'm leery of trying...afraid something may come through.

Also a sort of hole developed in the groin area. I tried the TPE glue to no avail so for now, she's standing up while I'm scratching my head what to do on that one. I saw a video of a guy taking a hot spoon to areas torn like that but, I nearly had a coronary watching.

Any suggestions/comments on either of these situations appreciated.
Attachments
_1DF5549a.jpg
_1DF5549a.jpg (472.88 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
_1DF5548a.jpg
_1DF5548a.jpg (495.55 KiB) Viewed 1915 times

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What to Do Now

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

Wow how did u manage to make that hole in the groin area?

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

No idea. I had washed her down yesterday evening, let her dry a while and was powdering when I saw it. Initially, it looked like just a small flap back but when I got out the TPE Repair Solvent and began to look closer trying to move it back to fill in with the solvent saw the larger area.

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

ColColt wrote:No idea. I had washed her down yesterday evening, let her dry a while and was powdering when I saw it. Initially, it looked like just a small flap back but when I got out the TPE Repair Solvent and began to look closer trying to move it back to fill in with the solvent saw the larger area.
Hmm strange, just be sure when using the solvent that you press together the two ends to close it, the solvent can tend to melt and make the hole bigger if u don't. Maybe a heat gun might help but hopefully someone will msg here soon with more experience on something like that.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

I'd fix it with a filler paste or heat. Heat would be my first choice. Do you have any spare TPE?
Heat will fuse it back together. You'll have to have the hole in as relaxed a state as possible. Put her face down (turn head backwards) and close legs.
What does the hole do? It should close some.
If you can get access from behind should be able to fuse it.
Who says doll ownership isn't fun!!

You'll need a 30 watt solder iron and whole lot of patience. I made a 2 inch copper blade, and it works well. You could do the same with thin aluminum.
This is all a craft I am no expert, but it does get TPE fused. Hot air gun can finish. Takes delicate touch working with an iron. Do not use the standard tip it'll make the hole worse if you have no experience. I know, I've damaged a test toy beyond repair!!
Solder-blade.jpg
That back definitely is a concern. Getting the arch is a trick to get the right spots to move that joint.

I feel for you bro, she has only been in your life a short time :(

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

The problem is the area it's in. You have to spread her legs to even see it and that puts her in a strained position for trying to fix the problem. You can hold it together with fingers for a couple minutes but with the legs spread that far it just puts the repair area under stress. I ended up dong what I could and closed the legs and stood her up till tomorrow for a 2nd look. I may have to add some TPE material to it...I don't know as I've never done this before.

I watched a guy do some repair work on YouTube today with a hot spoon but that made me nervous attempting that myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrARHx5MzI

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ColColt wrote:The problem is the area it's in. You have to spread her legs to even see it and that puts her in a strained position for trying to fix the problem. You can hold it together with fingers for a couple minutes but with the legs spread that far it just puts the repair area under stress. I ended up dong what I could and closed the legs and stood her up till tomorrow for a 2nd look. I may have to add some TPE material to it...I don't know as I've never done this before.

I watched a guy do some repair work on YouTube today with a hot spoon but that made me nervous attempting that myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrARHx5MzI
Glue (solvent) does not work very well for areas under stress. Getting that area stress free while you work on it is the key. George in this video uses alcohol. Alcohol has a very low boiling point, and it is better to use mineral oil with heat. Alcohol good for cleaning tools of TPE residue.
If you have to strain to see the cut when her legs are closed that is a good thing.
This will take you some time, but you can fix it. and heat will work. It is a tricky spot that's for sure!!

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

You can't see the hole at all with the legs closed but obvious with them open 6-8" or so. I'm still wondering how it happened. He made me nervous watching him work but he definitely knew what to do...I don't since I've never attempted it. If you didn't have to spread her legs to get to it it would make things better but, it's a stressed area with them open and I'm wondering if even the hear would work.

I'm wondering if my Weller soldering iron would work. It has different heat settings unlike most soldering irons.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ColColt wrote:You can't see the hole at all with the legs closed but obvious with them open 6-8" or so. I'm still wondering how it happened. He made me nervous watching him work but he definitely knew what to do...I don't since I've never attempted it. If you didn't have to spread her legs to get to it it would make things better but, it's a stressed area with them open and I'm wondering if even the hear would work.

I'm wondering if my Weller soldering iron would work. It has different heat settings unlike most soldering irons.
Variable temp. iron is the ticket. My 30 watt iron isn't, it's why I've made tips for it. It is best to get a spare piece of TPE or even a cheap sex toy from Ebay to practice on. Then you can get the feel for it. Going right for the wound without testing, will be disasterous. Could always test on top of neck too.
You'd be surprised the success I've had with this low tech idea.... copper wire little mini trowel.
LowTech.jpg
I've bought more tools for dolly repair in last couple months... LOL
If your iron is 100 watt be careful. TPE melts in a nanosecond if too hot. Think styrofoam and heat. Same idea.
I've not mentioned TPE is toxic when burning. I do not get a lot of smoke anymore, been practicing, but the smoke is toxic. Respirator is highly recommended.

And just to give you hope. I did a finger replacement just the other day. Cut right through hand to get the old wires out, and made replacements. The most common thing we all worry about is sealing up the wounds. Been there. As far as getting it nice, it takes time. To get her hand this nice it took me 3 tries.
If I found myself frustrated and impatient, call it a day. Try again later. I'd left a small groove and had to add some TPE in.
Cleaned cut with mineral oil
Used the blade to seal it as best as possible. Had a small valley in it unfortunately. So....
added TPE in tiny little pieces with the little trowel wire delicately.
Smoothed it over delicately with little trowel wire.
Then Hot air to smooth it further. and added texture with 600 grit wet dry sandpaper
Here is the result of my persistence:
Cut-sealed.jpg
Keeping it super clean is crucial. Little dust bunnies are a pain with molten TPE. Argghhhh!!

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Ouch! Never seen that kind of damage before.

I agree the "TPE glue" is pretty useless except for minor damage. It will actually melt the materials together, so therefore you will have to be very careful with how much you use, or else it will melt a hole. Just a tiny bit on a toothpick is enough, and rub it along the damage and then keep it closed for a few minutes.

I think heating is the better alternative in this case too. But if you haven't done it before you have to be very careful and do some experimenting to see what heat is enough, because if it's too hot then you will again melt the material and create an even more damage. The spoon technique is great, because you don't really want direct contact with a hot soldering iron unless you got the proper tools for it. You can add some heat to the spoon with the soldering iron.

IMPORTANT NOTE, when using heat to melt TPE, the fumes are TOXIC. So make sure to work in a well vented area and preferably use a proper protective mask as well as goggles.

Whether you choose to use "glue" or heat, make sure the material is completely clean first! Don't leave any of that powder on this time :P

You may be able to reach the damage easier without stretching it too much by only pulling the other leg to the side?

Also, that little deformation at the top of her back is from manufacturing, probably from keeping the skeleton in place during the molding process, so it is completely normal. I have it on my WM140 as well.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Dang! Almost looks like an air bubble in the cast opened up or something. As others have said, doubtful TPE solvent will be of much value here. How deep is the hole? Does it go all the way through?

As for the mark on her back, my 125 has one in nearly the same spot. Figured it had something to do with the way they're cast.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I still have her standing after yesterday's attempt with the glue. I'm too chicken yet to see what that result is today. No idea how deep the wound is as I'm totally surprised it 's there at all and can't figure how it happened other than maybe the area was drier than I though and when spreading the legs to wash, powder, etc it just opened up-sort of like a void, Mr Franz indicated.

It was like the small "peeled back" area I originally saw was hiding what was underneath-a larger tear. When I tried to glue it and moved it out to put a dab of the repair glue in is when I saw it went deeper than I had ever thought.I had kept Vaseline on that entire area so it was a bit of a shock seeing that hole. Maybe I should forget the soldering iron if I try the heat method...spoon may be more in order if I can muster up the guts to try it.

I read somewhere in my quest to use Nivea cream in that area as well as other stressed areas. At the drug store yesterday looking for something unrelated, I went looking for it and found t here's a sundry of different kinds of Nivea cream with all sorts of purposes and scents. It's like trying to find Cheerios in an isle full of other cereal. I left with none as I didn't know which to get. I've read it absorbs twice as vast as Vaseline.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ColColt wrote:I still have her standing after yesterday's attempt with the glue. I'm too chicken yet to see what that result is today. No idea how deep the wound is as I'm totally surprised it 's there at all and can't figure how it happened other than maybe the area was drier than I though and when spreading the legs to wash, powder, etc it just opened up-sort of like a void, Mr Franz indicated.

It was like the small "peeled back" area I originally saw was hiding what was underneath-a larger tear. When I tried to glue it and moved it out to put a dab of the repair glue in is when I saw it went deeper than I had ever thought.I had kept Vaseline on that entire area so it was a bit of a shock seeing that hole. Maybe I should forget the soldering iron if I try the heat method...spoon may be more in order if I can muster up the guts to try it.

I read somewhere in my quest to use Nivea cream in that area as well as other stressed areas. At the drug store yesterday looking for something unrelated, I went looking for it and found t here's a sundry of different kinds of Nivea cream with all sorts of purposes and scents. It's like trying to find Cheerios in an isle full of other cereal. I left with none as I didn't know which to get. I've read it absorbs twice as vast as Vaseline.
heated spoon is mostly for surface blemishes and finishing. This thread is sort of related. Have a look at the frustration I endured when I fixed her drying, cracking groin.
Persistence paid off in the end. Unfortunately, there is no real easy quick fix for holes like that. If you want it to not haunt you again.
If you are good at soldering, then is not unlike soldering. Delicate steady hands a must.
Here is the thread for when my doll had groin problems. I was just learning too. Read through it. Plan your attack on this problem.First thing you'll see are the torch and sculpting tools :) Torch is out. Not enough proper control.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99309

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

These dolls are injection molded. This hole and the blemish was definitely air trapped and or injected within.

Can it be repaired to an acceptable and usable condition ? I don't see how. It is going to get worse if you play with the doll.

How old is the doll ?

Sorry this happened to you.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I just got her May 31st. What can I do now?

INFORMATIONS