www.wmdolls.com

Finger wires repair?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Finger wires repair?

Post by FCD94 »

Several of the finger/thumb wires on both hands have either broken or come out of the hand-plates. I want to fix this before it causes some kind of visible damage - but how do I fix this? Is there a video tutorial? If not, is someone able to make one? 8O

*Please let me know if there is a more appropriate/more active area to post this kind of thing.

hentai_11

Re: Finger wires repair?

Post by hentai_11 »

This stuf usually belongs into the Repair and maintenance forum: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

If you check the posts there you may even find something usefull.

secretagentman

Post by secretagentman »

I think you're the first person ever to have this problem so you're on your own. 8O 8O

Seriously, there's a search function on the top right that will give plenty of info, however our quest for the perfect solution has yet to be found.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Here is 1 of many threads for WM dolls. RK succeeded in the repair. There are many more threads.
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=100140
Feel free to PM me, if you have any questions. I've done my lady. She's not a WM, but principles are the same in many ways. Once you see how they're made, things fall into place.
I don't mind helping if I can.
We are all learning from each other.
Good luck!!

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

Many thanks for the replies people! I will research further. RGC, I may well need to PM you if you have already done this - I'm just reading your thread now. :idea:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

FCD94 wrote:Many thanks for the replies people! I will research further. RGC, I may well need to PM you if you have already done this - I'm just reading your thread now. :idea:
Any info is helpful. Crazycajun's video is a good video about this. He had made a replacement palm plate. Unfortunately, he passed away this Spring, but his ideas still are with us...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqftsp9k8k

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

RGC_0767 wrote:
FCD94 wrote:Many thanks for the replies people! I will research further. RGC, I may well need to PM you if you have already done this - I'm just reading your thread now. :idea:
Any info is helpful. Crazycajun's video is a good video about this. He had made a replacement palm plate. Unfortunately, he passed away this Spring, but his ideas still are with us...

You're right that is very informative - I'm going to need to cut the hands open to do this & one of the concerns is how to minimize the damage to the TPE so it doesn't look like a mess once it's finished. :idea:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

FCD94 wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:

You're right that is very informative - I'm going to need to cut the hands open to do this & one of the concerns is how to minimize the damage to the TPE so it doesn't look like a mess once it's finished. :idea:
There is TPE "glue". It's more solvent than a glue. Ask Samara78 for help with that. I just use heat. Fuse it back together. It's an art I've yet to perfect.
As you saw in the video, it does not take a big cut.
The biggest concern is keeping the incision as clean as possible as you work on it. Little specks of dust and such :)

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

Crag44 wrote:You should check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzac02O7-o&t=862s
Thanks! Moral to the story: when in doubt, hand a monkey - or possibly several monkeys - a soldering iron & gas mask, and merriment will ensue. :D

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

LOL

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

Someone posted in a thread some time ago showing little metal hinges etc. for possible finger repair - I cannot seem to find this anywhere. Does anyone know the thread?? 8O

Finally found it:

https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=80556&start=60
mark81 wrote:Actually I agree with grimreefer24601 that universal joint should only be between palm and phalanges.
The only note to his diagram that up and side axes should cross in single point like this:
0028999_gear-linkage-universal-joint-short-version-45mm.jpeg
This would be a simple joint without anatomically correct angles constraints.

For phalanges something like this:

If I had a doll with broken fingers I would have tried to find those miniature joints, slice fingers lengthwise, remove extra TPE material and glue metal parts in. That's only a wild guess of course.
Okay, the hinges are able to be sourced. But if I wanted to use these as "joints" I would need to drill them out & insert brass rod as "bones"... would this be durable?? I'll post in that thread too, as it seems to get pretty technical...

INFORMATIONS