www.wmdolls.com

Oil from the TPE causing skin issues

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Mr Miyagi

Re: Oil from the TPE causing skin issues

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RGC_0767 wrote:Has the temperature changed where you live?.
Hope you get it sorted out!
outside? not a whole lot, inside? not at all.

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

i would try and get a photo or two of the skin issue, but when i put the camera on it, it just doesnt seem very noticeable on the screen.

i sent joy out an email, i really have no idea what to expect out of that, its not like i want to get rid of the doll or anything, she stays put here, she is just in time out for being a bad girl.

Fane

Post by Fane »

Hmm, my own WM has been one of the most easy to maintain/non-greasy TPE dolls I own. I wonder if they’ve switched the formula to have caused it, or was it the climate/room temperature etc.? Less than 2 weeks she was going virtually powderless and still staying clean n dry mostly.

Hope you get well soon

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Got my WM125 last October. No issues at all as far as oil leakage in concerned. She did have a lot of factory muck on her though. That did leave me feeling kind of itchy, but once it was all washed off, everything was fine. I just figured it was from whatever release agent they use or possibly the factory powdering job. Talc, if that's what they use, tends to dry my skin way more than corn starch.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Adventurer wrote:I’d blame latent mold release agents before anything else. Wash her really really well and the problem may go away.
I agree with this 100%. :thumbs_up: While there are some who are indeed allergic to TPE itself, I believe the majority who experience issues are getting a reaction from the mold release.

Both of my dolls when new caused me some issues. While neither of them really leaked any oil, they both did outgas for a good month or so, before they got rid of that manufacturing smell. If fact, one of them had some of the residue from the mold release still visible on her. I washed them both several times. This, combined with time to allow the outgassing, cleared up the issue for me.

Daydream21

Post by Daydream21 »

There was not much odor or oil seepage when I got my WM doll but about a week into owning her, I got a rash on my forearm and around my eyes.

I was then careful about contact with her and washed her some more. The rash went away and that was that, it hasn't re-emerged.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Funny you mention that, I remember a few weeks ago when i had my yl 165 my right shoulder was covered in itchy bumps, they have gone now but weird i got them there and not on my arms or legs, i know its not heat rash because the weather back in early april was not hot in the uk, now its warming up but the heat rash i get doesn’t have bumps like i had a few weeks ago

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

IMHO:

It's just a matter of washing/rinsing the doll off for the next few weeks.

Also, don't keep the doll on anything but microfiber for a while. Let the textiles fibers help deal with the excess oil.

There's a lot of mineral oil in the TPE used for sex toys. Somebody probably got the mix wrong for the batch that went into your doll.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I enjoy TPE dolls, but I enthuse a lot about silicone dolls and DS in particular. Normally I don't take photographic dolls to bed but my DS158+ isn't a standing variety and she rarely gets in front of the camera.

So last night . . . ;-)

And I can promise that the answer to buying more than one TPE doll and to allergic reactions . . . is to buy a silicone doll. The other odd thing is that I don't take photographic dolls to bed because for some reason TPE fingers get bent and disordered. For some reason I'm much more confident about the construction of the DS hands and she's no worse for wear this morning, and I feel no risk of being so.

TPE dolls can be addictive, but if I were to only have one doll, and expect to have her for a long time, my DS lady tells me what I should do. Member Karrot's Xiaoli is likewise a demonstration of a doll with an active life whose longevity is demonstrable.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Fane

Post by Fane »

haremlover wrote:
And I can promise that the answer to buying more than one TPE doll and to allergic reactions . . . is to buy a silicone doll. The other odd thing is that I don't take photographic dolls to bed because for some reason TPE fingers get bent and disordered. For some reason I'm much more confident about the construction of the DS hands and she's no worse for wear this morning, and I feel no risk of being so.

Harem
I beg to differ, my good sir Haremlover. The only doll that ever gave me an allergic reaction was from a Sanhui silicone doll, which I have also more or less given up on having her become less greasy even after multiple attempts to thoroughly clean her. Which means, I think the problem lies with the factory screwing up on their oil mix or balancing to have caused such issues for most cases. Mr Miyagi’s case sound very similar to what I experienced with my Sanhui, just that it’s the TPE version of my story with her.
The part about TPE fingers is also not always a relevant reason, as I do believe there are many doll owners who finds maintaining those fingers in good condition swift and easy.
My WM doll is definitely on par with her DS sister, in terms of non-greasiness. She is also one of the more impressive TPE quality and robust builts overall.

That said, yes I do see where yr coming from and I agree that a DS is one of the most lifelike doll we could have, and they provide quality companionship above most other dolls within the Low-mid priced range. However, allergy is definitely case-by-case and highly due to the factory work/QC when they send out their products to us imho.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

There's an underlying assumption that his skin reaction is due to an allergen vs a caustic chemical.

We don't know just yet.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Fane

Post by Fane »

LDF wrote:There's an underlying assumption that his skin reaction is due to an allergen vs a caustic chemical.

We don't know just yet.
Worth noting is the fact that he mentioned this doll as his 3rd TPE doll and is somewhat ‘super oily’ as compared the others and so places this as the no.1 primary suspected cause for the skin reactions.
Generally the oil used for making these dolls, TPE or Silicone, are of a type that does not fully come off easily with just a casual soap and water wash. Thus an excessively greasy doll will very easily cause such minor skin complications

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

just an update,

have not handled my doll in the last 2 days, and the skin issues are going away on my arms (the only place i had them, my member is fine as i hadnt boinked her in a week or so). the bumps that were there have sinced dried up, can still feel them, but no longer have that "swollen" look and feel to them and there is no more itch.

I did however, put on those white gloves and powdered the holy fucking shit out of that doll, rubbed it in really good, applied more and more, rubbed that in too, and gave her another nice coat to let it sit for a while, front, back, head, hands, everywhere. and sprinkled powder on the towel she lays on just to make sure there was damn powder. hoping this extensive powder job drew out some of the excess oil, much of the first coating of powder kinda got that "caked" fill, like it was holding moister in.

I will continue to powder her over the next few days just for the hell of it, then on friday give her another good washing, and another powder after that. overload, perhaps, but at least it will provide me with some closure if it works.

in the attached photo, is a pic of the back of my workout bike (stationary), the last time i handled the doll (Saturday morning), she sat on that workout bike for about 15-20 minutes for some photos. maybe 30 minutes tops.
this photo was taken a couple of hours after the doll had sat there, and even now, there is still residue left that is visible.

if anyone has any secret tips other than what im already doing, let me know, thanks.

edit: that is the part that the back rests against, not the ass, so there want even very much weight applied to that section.
Attachments
aoil.png
aoil.png (725.02 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

My WM, Ashaki, has been with me since Sept 2016 and has always felt dry to the touch. However, she will leave similar marks on something like that even now! Dark sheets are not good and if I put a piece of cardboard under her it gets an oily stain on it within minutes! The hydrocarbons used in the manufacturing process keep the TPE supple and, in my opinion, if they are lost completely the TPE can dry out too much causing cracks to appear or friction rubbing on the ‘skin’.

This is one reason why Indigo20 started a thread about ‘replenishing’ those oils with liquidum paraffinium (baby oil and Vaseline etc), although this was taken to be a must do on a regular basis by some members and is possibly worse than not doing anything!

We have had members reporting allergic reactions before and, from what has been posted here as well, it does seem a bit hit and miss with what brands or blends of TPE. This seems to suggest what Adventurer said could be the case or there is something in that particular ‘blend’ that is causing the problem!

A few years back some TPE manufacturers had a bad reputation of having toxic mixes but all of the top brands have cleaned their act up. Obviously, the ‘backroom boys’ may not have! However, I think I’m right in saying that some manufacturers get the TPE made for them in a separate factory and they buy it in, which could account for the different mixes sometimes coming out.

I myself would follow the standard advice of giving any new lady several washes and then a good powdering when she arrives regardless of how she looks and feels! Get rid of any factory residues first and then see what happens!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

hollows+fentiman wrote:My WM, Ashaki, has been with me since Sept 2016 and has always felt dry to the touch. However, she will leave similar marks on something like that even now! Dark sheets are not good and if I put a piece of cardboard under her it gets an oily stain on it within minutes! The hydrocarbons used in the manufacturing process keep the TPE supple and, in my opinion, if they are lost completely the TPE can dry out too much causing cracks to appear or friction rubbing on the ‘skin’.

This is one reason why Indigo20 started a thread about ‘replenishing’ those oils with liquidum paraffinium (baby oil and Vaseline etc), although this was taken to be a must do on a regular basis by some members and is possibly worse than not doing anything!

We have had members reporting allergic reactions before and, from what has been posted here as well, it does seem a bit hit and miss with what brands or blends of TPE. This seems to suggest what Adventurer said could be the case or there is something in that particular ‘blend’ that is causing the problem!

A few years back some TPE manufacturers had a bad reputation of having toxic mixes but all of the top brands have cleaned their act up. Obviously, the ‘backroom boys’ may not have! However, I think I’m right in saying that some manufacturers get the TPE made for them in a separate factory and they buy it in, which could account for the different mixes sometimes coming out.

I myself would follow the standard advice of giving any new lady several washes and then a good powdering when she arrives regardless of how she looks and feels! Get rid of any factory residues first and then see what happens!

Cheers, Hollows.
good stuff, thanks for the info, that does make sense.

INFORMATIONS