www.wmdolls.com

Wig help....lace front?....

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Wig help....lace front?....

Post by bigchilli »

Hi folks
Trying to get a pulled back high ponytail look
Seems that a lace front wig is in order
How do you stick down the lace part that's left?
I watched a few YouTube videos where they used got2b hair glue
Not sure I fancy putting glue on Mia's forehead
Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated
This is the hairstyle I'm after
Is it possible on a doll?

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Wig help....lace front?....

Post by forty »

I think you are looking for hair implant. Look for a JINSAN compatible head type who also offer hair implant, I guess.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

I was looking to get wm's #201 head as it closely resembles Ariana
I knew the hair would be difficult

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

It's freaking hard man, if not impossible! Got pretty close to that look one time, but man is it hard to fight gravity on this one. I always end up either making the hair 'look not tightened' or the whole 'neck'ish' part pulled up, let alone getting and keeping the elastic band so high up...

So that is not much help ;) But one of issues is the wig not sicking really. Tho glue is also no option for me. Thinking either attaching them straps to something else (like chain/necklace/something) so it does not get pulled up...Or maybe make the wig in that kinda tail before putting it on...will try again myself soon too I think, shit looks hot for sure. Good luck!
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Don't know about the front, that's a tough one. But I can tell you what I do for the back at the neck. I've been doing this for a couple of years now. I use a zip tie to hold it down. I put it through the loops where the wig straps hook to and go around the neck pipe. Then I pull it until it's hidden between the head and neck. You never see it. I did it originally to keep the wig from falling off, but it serves well for pulling up high ponytails also. When you swap wigs, all you lose is a zip tie.

Another option is, there are wigs on Amazon with clip on ponytails. I've also been using them for a while. They're only like $20-25, so I'll get one and give it a haircut so it's short enough that it doesn't get tangled easily when she's lying in bed. Then, when I want her to have long hair, I clip in a ponytail. Simple.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

BWheeler1 wrote:Don't know about the front, that's a tough one. But I can tell you what I do for the back at the neck. I've been doing this for a couple of years now. I use a zip tie to hold it down. I put it through the loops where the wig straps hook to and go around the neck pipe. Then I pull it until it's hidden between the head and neck. You never see it. I did it originally to keep the wig from falling off, but it serves well for pulling up high ponytails also. When you swap wigs, all you lose is a zip tie.

Another option is, there are wigs on Amazon with clip on ponytails. I've also been using them for a while. They're only like $20-25, so I'll get one and give it a haircut so it's short enough that it doesn't get tangled easily when she's lying in bed. Then, when I want her to have long hair, I clip in a ponytail. Simple.
I looked at them first but you can't get the pulled back look,they need to have a fringe
Do you have any pics?

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

I never tried the pulled back look in front. What I was talking about was holding the back down and keeping the whole thing from shifting. If I took a pic of where I zip tied them, you wouldn't see anything because they're hidden between the neck and head. I do know that Mandos has used lace front wigs in his promo photos though, so maybe he knows how to keep the front down.

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

Wondering if Bodycolor2 can be used as glue? If it also pulls away from the wigs lace it would be nice.
I have used elastic thread to make the wig sit narrower in the back. Unfortunately, it does not work so well in the front because the thread shine throw.
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Tailor wrote:Wondering if Bodycolor2 can be used as glue? If it also pulls away from the wigs lace it would be nice.
It can. I use it for Anna's pubic hair. I'm not sure how well it would work for a wig though for two reasons. The hair is so thin in the front that the BC might be more apparent than it is in pubic hair patches. And also the lace, I have heard, is fairly fragile so removing the BC from the lace may be difficult or impossible.

I just ordered our first lace front wig. And I do have BC on hand, so I may re-evaluate all of that once the wig arrives.

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

INFORMATIONS