www.wmdolls.com

TPE Toxicity/allergy

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Viquinox
Apprentice
Apprentice

TPE Toxicity/allergy

Post by Viquinox »

hey everyone

maybe not a topic everyone wishes to discuss because our dolls are very dear to us, but I believe it is useful to shortly ecxhange ideas about the risk there are to living with big mass of TPE in our home. I have recently received my 160cm TPE doll and dont a lot of room to store it. As I actually have girlfriends who sleep over, the most discreet place to store my doll is in a deep closet which opens into my bedroom

Immediately after receiving the doll I have washed her many times over before our first get-together, but the poignant smell of TPE lingered for especially the first few days--the first night I woke up with irritated throat and airways and prickly, red eyes, despite having stored the doll in the closet. I decided against sleeping in the bedroom (I couldnt if I tried) and bunked on the sofa in my living room up until now but have since still been waking up with a dry throat and frankly a painful chest/irritated airways (maybe still from the first night). Of course I have made sure that the rooms were all well-ventilated (windows open to let fresh air in and old air out). It could be that it is the specific doll I have ordered was especially fumy with leftovers from the production process, but im still interested in your thoughts and experiences

have you all experienced this? how long did it take for it to go away? any other tips for quickening the process (i already try to wash after every get-together)? Maybe wash with a certain special soap?

Would really appreciate ideas

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE Toxicity/allergy

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. Other folk on here have described having similar reactions but thankfully it does appear to be uncommon. Washing on arrival usually helps but it can take a few weeks for that tpe smell to eventually go or at least not be so noticeable. My experience with my last few dolls from the Jinsan factory is that they have arrived with only a very faint odour and after a few days it's practically gone. My recent WM166C has been with me a month now and I have to stick my nose right up against her to get any smell and then it's not unpleasant. Probably the best thing to do is to let your doll air in a room for a few days with just a light cotton sheet draped around her , for modesty. It does sound like you could be one of the more unfortunate folk who are sensitive to such material? I've currently got 12 tpe ladies so if there were any significant issue with causing breathing problems I think I would have found out by now, I had asthma as a child and am sensitive to animal hair and dust but have never experienced any issue with my ladies. Of course this doesn't help you and is purely my own experience but be prepared for it to take a few weeks or a month or so before the smell is not so obvious to you. Good luck.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Back in the day, most TPE dolls were smelly and oily upon arrival, this situation seems to now be the exception, probably due to better manufacturing methods, worst case scenario is that this smell can last for months, but will eventually subside and finally dissipate completely, try to keep her and yourself well ventilated until then...Hopefully you do not have an Allergy to TPE.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

hoping you are not allergic to rubber/plastic. People can be allergic to rubber itself.

It should go away on its own. It'll still have a slight smell.

Dollover2000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollover2000 »

Like Arthur1960, I too have a room full of TPE dolls. They have all varied in strength of smell but all have since dissipated. Never bothered me in the slightest. If this is your first experience with TPE, you may have an allergic reaction like a few people do.
I did buy a clone head last year that had a mineral spirits/thinner smell that never dissipated though. Got rid of that one. Gave me a rash after using it. I never minded the odor/fumes of any of my WM’s when they were new. If you haven’t done any other changes to your lifestyle other than the TPE, you may need to look at that as the cause.
Also, it may be the release agents giving you the reaction. I would try washing the doll to see if that makes a difference.
WM168F
WM168E
165cm
165cm
158cm
SY165#126

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Every doll is different..that we know.
Dawn as used on birds after oil spills.
In your situation, it might help to follow the protocol we have in our Newlywed guide.
And perhaps on day 2, repeat day 1.
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls
Attachments
20181126_111317_Burst01.jpg
20181126_111317_Burst01.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

My skin gets irritated from TPE.
That is why I just have silicone ladies.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Xanatos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Xanatos »

wow, I just ordered a 166CM and never even thought about smell. How strong is the smell is it something that you wouldnt be able to hide even if the doll is stored in a closet?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Welcome Xanatos, it's really subjective and varies from doll to doll. You might be surprised to find not much smell at all, even with a sensitive nose. Most TPE dolls seem prone to an odor and some are stronger and last longer than others, but you'll have to wait to see how yours affects you.

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

I seem to be on the unlucky side myself with my new WM doll. She wreaks like melting plastic or something. Horrible smell. I followed the newly wed guide and washed/oiled/powdered the crap out of her two days straight. She still has a very pungent odor.

dolldreamer2018
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by dolldreamer2018 »

I think a lot of the time people are reacting to the release agents used at the factory. TPE generally isn’t that bad but those chemicals on the outside can make my eyes water and skin get inflamed. Keep washing her and maybe your reaction will lessen somewhat.
---------------------------
My Bianca Chronicles

Official Pipedream Ultimate Fantasy Doll Ambassador

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

I ordered my Chastity last June/July. When she arrived she came with a slight burnt smell that did linger for the first two weeks. I did not sleep with her the first three days. Rather as the the honeymoon guide said I gave her several baths the first day, then spent next two days on oil and powder.
The burnt smell didn't last long, it was gone after about a month. Summer being a good time to keep the windows open.

As some have all ready pointed out. TPE blends vary with the maker and it use to be much more oily.
One reason for the Honeymoon guild recommendation is to wash pollutants that may have been picked up by your doll. China is kind of well known for their lack of standards.
Buildings being built in a week then coming down in about the same amount of time.
The worlds fastest Bullet train that then suffered design flaws leading to a crash.
And something like 80 cities having air pollution alerts caused by smog across the country last year. There is a chance that the reaction you suffered could be caused by smog residue combined with the fact that it is cold and flu season.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

DefineReality
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DefineReality »

Hmmmm....

Anyone have any experiences with IronTech dolls? I have one coming soon...

Metacog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Metacog »

I was looking for a thread about unpleasant odoriferous (smelly) dolls. I unpacked a WM (157cm) January 4th (2019). I received an extra head (as part of a promotion) and happened to have left it on a piece of paper over night. The paper was soaked through the next day! And the room smelled, so I had to move the body and two heads out of my bedroom. I had washed her during that same day as a standard procedure. I currently also have two other dolls: 1 silicone; 1 TPE that I don't recall ever having any sort of offensive smell... go figure. Anyhow, I have been going through the regiment of washing her (and her two heads) and baby powdering her everyday. After 13 days she is almost tolerable to be around <smile>. I had no throat problems, rash, or any other health problems, just the strong indescribable odor. I figured I would wait on applying any baby/mineral oil until I thought she was clear of any odors. Just thought that I would put in my 2-coins worth. FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc., yadda. :whistle:
Attachments
Sheila in satin_01.jpg
Sheila in satin_01.jpg (191.18 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
~Metacog~

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

If I die of tpe poisoning.....I guess there are worse ways to go!

INFORMATIONS