www.wmdolls.com

Wig size

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
ik00876
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wig size

Post by ik00876 »

Hi folks, I'm new here. Yesterday got my new 157cm doll, with factory red wig which is obviously low quality. Hairs fall out and the wig's straps already left black marks on her had which I have to clean off somehow.
Looking to buy a new wig, but being clueless about wigs I have to ask: what is the size that I need to buy, are there any other features to look for, etc.

Thanks in advance!

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Wig size

Post by BillMartin9029 »

Try the site Wigsis for good information on measuring for wig size. They have a great selection of wigs, and they sell them in 3 sizes. A lot of doll heads should have a petite size, which they offer. When you buy wigs at Amazon you don't get to choose a size, often resulting in wigs that are too big.

http://www.wigsis.com/help/wig-cap-size/
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

ik00876
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ik00876 »

BillMartin9029 wrote:Try the site Wigsis for good information on measuring for wig size. They have a great selection of wigs, and they sell them in 3 sizes. A lot of doll heads should have a petite size, which they offer. When you buy wigs at Amazon you don't get to choose a size, often resulting in wigs that are too big.

http://www.wigsis.com/help/wig-cap-size/

Thanks!

I see that there are many wigs that cost above $100, I am quite reluctant to jump into the deep water with that. Any advice for the beginner? Obviously human hair would be expensive, but perhaps some synthetic type would be a good compromise.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

I've gotten dozens of wigs off eBay and Amazon. They all have the same adjustable hooks, but I use the most outer hook catch for all my dolls 140+cm.

Some of my $16-$22 wigs are excellent. They don't shed and they feel silky. I have some $8-$11 wigs that have styles that I couldn't find in the higher price range, but they either shed or feel like plastic or both. The default wigs that came with my dolls I would say are about $12 in comparison. The nicest $20 ones were listed with 3 digit codes. Like "ombre 580". Not sure of the exact number, but I believe most started with a 4 or 5.

I also got some foam mannequin heads to hold extra wigs. I got 12 for $26.

ik00876
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ik00876 »

DexterQuest wrote:I've gotten dozens of wigs off eBay and Amazon. They all have the same adjustable hooks, but I use the most outer hook catch for all my dolls 140+cm.

Some of my $16-$22 wigs are excellent. They don't shed and they feel silky. I have some $8-$11 wigs that have styles that I couldn't find in the higher price range, but they either shed or feel like plastic or both. The default wigs that came with my dolls I would say are about $12 in comparison. The nicest $20 ones were listed with 3 digit codes. Like "ombre 580". Not sure of the exact number, but I believe most started with a 4 or 5.

I also got some foam mannequin heads to hold extra wigs. I got 12 for $26.
Thanks for opinion!
I am currently researching everything I can about wigs, pretty confused.

BTW, people, I can't send PMs now because I'm new. Guess it's spam protection. No disrespect meant.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

ik00876 wrote:Guess it's spam protection. No disrespect meant.
None taken! Welcome.

There is a 5 post quota to unlock your full membership - you have 4 - 1 to go :thumbs_up:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Look for kanekalon - it's the newest and best wig fiber material and much softer than the older materials without costing more. Highly recommended.

ik00876
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ik00876 »

I've finally bought two wigs from AliExpress, one curly for about $23 and one blonde straight for about $14.

Both look good.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

I've taken my doll's heads to wig shops and actually tried on the wigs to see what they would actually look like on the doll. The staff didn't freak out; I said it was a mannequin. I found one nice wig on clearance for $15 and another one at the regular price of $39. These wigs weren't "cheap"; they were better quality than those that came with the doll.

There are two solutions to the staining problem:
1) use a light brown wig cap
2) keep the head covered and the staining won't show.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I've been quite happy with the wigs I've gotten from this place. They range in price from very affordable to those that are well heeled.

https://www.thewigcompany.com/classic-page-wig/p/h213/

INFORMATIONS