yldoll.com

Old skeleton vs New

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Swampkandy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Old skeleton vs New

Post by Swampkandy »

Just had an email from my vendor about my recent purchase.

They "highly suspect" that my YL155D has the old skeleton, rather than the new upgraded one that it should have come with, so have offered me 2 choices - a free replacement including collection, or a £200 refund.

Is there a huge difference in quality? Undecided on what I should do. :?

Swampkandy

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Old skeleton vs New

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there coincidentally this has just happened to me with a YL148 I had ordered and was delivered a couple of days ago. It wasn't until I had cleaned her and attached the head that I realised the body had the old goose neck rather than the newer hinged neck and shrugging shoulders that I was expecting. I contacted my vendor and he quickly got back and has also offered a replacement. Now the difference between the newer and older skeleton is basically the 'enhanced' skeleton has a 2 way hinge in the neck as opposed to the 'goose neck' and the shoulders have another joint which allows your gal to shrug her shoulders and give more natural looking poses. No doubt your gal will have the latest goose neck (as my YL148 does) which means it won't be as noisy as the older necks but for me where the hinge neck works is that it's completely quiet but also has a firmer action and the head stays put whereas with the goose neck the action isn't as firm but you could say the movement is a more natural one. So for the neck, now that the goose necks have improved, it can all come down to preference. Only 1 of my 6 gals has the new enhanced skeleton and posing her for photos I can feel the difference and I personally prefer it but I suspect some folk might not think the difference is that great. The shrugging shoulders can be a nice effect but it's again a preference thing, like many have said, it would be better to see an improvement in hand design. Hope that's of some help.

Swampkandy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Swampkandy »

Thanks for thorough reply Arthur!

Are there any discernable differences in the finger/big toe wires? I recall hearing about thicker wires being used but not sure if it was for all skeletons or just the upgraded.

I actually haven't felt the need to move the neck much as I have the magnetic head connect your which allows me a fair bit of movement.

Going to think it over a bit, it's not the wait which is off putting but the delivery and keeping it secret. :whistle:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Personally, I'd take the money. Goose necks have their faults, but so do hinges coming loose, breaking and so forth.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Old skeleton vs New a

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, yes if your not that bothered by the enhanced bits of the newer skeleton then you might be ok as you are. I know that some folk are happier with the newer goose necks, the 2 WM gals I got last year have those and I was impressed as the old goose neck has an awful creak when you move the head! So if yours is quiet and your not bothered with the shrugging shoulders then it might not be worth the effort of switching your gals body? As for the finger wires, I can't say I've noticed any difference with either skeleton as they have been using thicker finger wire for well over a year now. Funnily enough I preferred the look of my first gals hands as they were a little bigger than the newer YL148 but had the older finger design with thinner wires pushed into a narrow coils which are then cemented into the palm plate. The trouble is that over time with regular bending of the fingers that design tended to leave the fingers going floppy even if they hadn't been broken at the palm plate. On the latest YL148 I have received the hands are smaller and don't look quite as realistic to me and the thicker finger wires seem to be cemented straight into the palm plate (I can't feel any narrow coils). Saying that the hands on my WM157b look great, very realistic with lots of nice detail so it can vary between different models. Of course the holy grail is articulated finger joints, that should be the next enhancement they sort out. In the meantime time I'm going to have a go at improving my first gals fingers having seen some of the work that others have done on here.

Swampkandy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Swampkandy »

Thanks for all your feedback - I have decided to keep Chloe and the £200 refund - I honestly don't think I would have known either way and like you said, its just another joint to break.

Plus, I felt bad shipping her away to be recycled. :lol:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Mr Franz has a very valid point.
BCD
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS