yldoll.com

Will TPE still stain if i have washed all the colour out

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Will TPE still stain if i have washed all the colour out

Post by Crag44 »

I have recently purchased a pale skin WM 160 and i'm waiting on it's arrival. I have also bought some dark clothes for it.
I have hand washed the clothes multiple times and now none of the colour runs out.
I was just wondering if it will still be possible for these clothes to stain the TPE. ?
I don't intend to keep the doll dressed in them for long periods

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Will TPE still stain if i have washed all the colour out

Post by CF »

The short answer is "possibly."

Your comment seems to suggest that you've been reading up on doll care and maintenance, since you're wary of discoloring your new gal. My suggestion is to first use the "search" function to find references to the term "stain." You'll pull up everything from horror stories to success stories, recommendations for stain removers, and much more.

Beyond that, test your fabrics against either a test piece of TPE (if you receive one) or, if you're feeling bold, simply press it against an unobtrusive body part like the heel of a foot. Maintain contact for a bit and see what happens.

But be advised that Forum members have indeed experienced stains even after washing a piece of clothing over and over again. If this happens to you, you might do well to cut your losses and try a different outfit.

Hope this helps!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

Thank you
I have done plenty of research into all areas before my purchase.
Testing it on TPE sounds like a very good idea.
I might have to order an insert maybe, as i have ordered a fixed vagina
Also on another subject, how do i upload pictures on here. ?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, if you really want darker colours then you may want to get your gal a full white body stocking, they are great for protecting from staining otherwise as a rule of thumb, more expensive, higher quality clothing is less likely to stain whereas cheap, dark lingerie almost certainly will!

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K ... 0917061427
I guess this would suffice
I would want to trim it a bit so the skin on the legs and arms still show

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

Thank you
I wiil probably purchase and insert to test tthings on as i have ordered a fixed vagina
I will also purchase a bodystocking and try that out too
Also, how do i post pictures on the forum of my doll ?

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

After five posts you will be able to add pictures.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Sometimes even though no color bleeds into the wash water, it can still react with the oils in the TPE and leave a stain. No real way to know without testing it. A spare chunk of TPE can be used for this or, if your doll has the standing foot option, just stand her on it for a little while. That way, if color does bleed you'll know and the stain will be confined to the bottom of the foot where it doesn't readily show.

subcom117
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by subcom117 »

I have a purple dress for my dolls that I washed and rinsed in hot water multiple times and the water always came out clear. Yet, it left stains after only about three hours on the doll. Bottom line: on clothing not tried before, keep a close watch at frequent intervals until it can be trusted! Lesson learned the hard way.

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

TL;DR edit:
Possibly is correct.
Material and Pressure are also important in staining.
A matter of personal preference.
Or just wear white.
CF wrote:The short answer is "possibly."
But be advised that Forum members have indeed experienced stains even after washing a piece of clothing over and over again. If this happens to you, you might do well to cut your losses and try a different outfit.
Crag44,
Everyone here as advised you well.

I concur with CF that the simplest answer is possibly.

My girls (almost) exclusively wear black and I have noticed the type of material and pressure points are just as, if not more, important than the color in the material itself.

I have had cheap, synthetic fiber, dresses that I have washed numerous times using every method imaginable (white vinegar/salt mixture for example) and let soak for hours, stain seemingly instantaneously (ok, a bit of a hyperbole). But I have ALSO had expensive designer brands made from synthetic blends stain as well. That said, I trend toward natural fibers, but can't say unequivocally you'll be safe with those as this is only my empirical evidence based on a few samples; however, the material of the fashion item is also something to consider regarding staining. Personally, I recommend loosely woven natural fibers.

Additionally, consider the amount of pressure applied on certain parts of her body. The staining tends to be worse at places under the most pressure. Shoulders (with spaghetti straps) and bust lines/nipples tend to suffer the most. But anywhere a dark colored object is fitted tightly or under pressure can create a huge stain that cascade downs to other parts of her body. Paz currently has multiple black stain lines encircling her belly from a chord associated with a shirt she was wearing. The shirt didn't stain the rest of her at all, but the chord (same material) that was tightly tied around her waist several times did (I think its actually kinda cool because she looks like a zebra, but I'm strange). Typically, any area where she'll be sitting, having bent joints, or standing on are likely to stain if associated with dark material for long periods. An undershirt or small cotton patch between the TPE and clothing material can go a long way.

But again, that is not ALWAYS the case. Ophelia has worn black socks for approximately one month now and has stood on them with her 40 lbs (roughly 178 N) of force for a week straight while sustaining absolutely no staining as a result. These results may not be typical as she is a witch, but I had not previously washed or prepped these socks at all so I think this one can be attributed to the material more than anything.

It all boils down to your preference. If there is an outfit you really like that is dark in color, you may have to accept stains as an inevitable consequence of being aesthetically pleased in the moment. Just be ready with your TPE stain remover if the black stains offend you and don't get frustrated if they are not readily removed on the first go. I don't bother trying to clear up the black stains anymore because I have found I rather like them, would be spending all my time trying to clear them, and they tend to fade away on their own over time.

Otherwise, avoid dark clothing and most of this is an non-issue.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DonKeydick »

Crag44 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K ... 0917061427
I guess this would suffice
I would want to trim it a bit so the skin on the legs and arms still show
Check on e-bay and you will find many versions and colors for a better price. I got 3 different colors for less than 10 bucks shipped. I started a thread on the body stocking that you might find helpful. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=99170
The material is very thin and stretchy so it is easy to hide. It makes dressing in tight clothes much easier as well as many other advantages. Good Luck with your new lady.
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

Crag44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Crag44 »

Thank you all for your advice and comments
I really appreciate you all taking your time to help me out
It's unfortunate that these things are such an issue for someone like me who really likes pale skin with dark clothes
I guess it's something i just have to deal with
I look forward to introducing my lady when she arrives
:D

benmane
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by benmane »

maybe try rough cotton.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

I have had very few problems, even with black and dark shades, and even when there has been a stain it seems to come only from a particular part of the garment (usually the elastane parts) and can be easily removed with the factory-supplied stain remover which works surprisingly well.

Also, such stains will tend to disipate naturally over time as the colour diffuses further into the TPE, even if you don't treat them.

In my experience there's no need to wash clothing over and over again - the most I have washed a black garment before letting Jess wear it is 3 times.

INFORMATIONS