1AM not responding

130cm Fabric Anime Repair and Maintenance Log

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 1AM Sex Dolls
matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: 130cm Fabric Anime Repair and Maintenance Log

Post by matt gloss »

Hi,on my 160cm anime body(happy doll) the left leg/hip assembly was always bad from day one,I get the feeling she was in the wrong position when packed just on the cusp of the chinese NY....
Her left knee is now completely siezed and her leg/hip swings about with lots of play in the joint.
I feel a complete strip down is needed and I would like to remove her skin to make a template for machining a new one.I am planning to create a fabric doll of the same size,this project will be started over the coming winter,I have a small workshop and recently scrounged two nice sewing machines,both from the seventies when quality was still in manufacturing.
Matt

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

You can slip a ball end allen key through the seam without ripping the threads. But it eventually opens up after a few tightening sessions. I do not buy any shoulderless clothing for Spirit. Careful of the grease and dirt from the tools.
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

Here is a link to one photo:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=95529
Somewhat useless but cute.
Attachments
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=95529
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=95529
IMG_20180116_030630.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

matt gloss wrote:Hi,on my 160cm anime body(happy doll) the left leg/hip assembly was always bad from day one,I get the feeling she was in the wrong position when packed just on the cusp of the chinese NY....
Her left knee is now completely siezed and her leg/hip swings about with lots of play in the joint.
I feel a complete strip down is needed and I would like to remove her skin to make a template for machining a new one.I am planning to create a fabric doll of the same size,this project will be started over the coming winter,I have a small workshop and recently scrounged two nice sewing machines,both from the seventies when quality was still in manufacturing.
Matt
Hi Matt
You can buy a matching Zentai suit for her on eBay if you need to replace the skin. The only thing keeping the skin from being fully removed is the stitching around her breasts. When the time comes, I will have no problem undoing this stitching as I would probably not redo it. She stays dressed all the time and this will n ot affect her look that way. I find her more appealing clothed in shimmery stretch clothing rather than naked.

I am also accumulating a box of parts for an eventual rebuild. Keep us informed.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi Cyclist yes V cute :)
I have the need to see her skeleton :twisted: no really I might even replace with my own design,I have a 140cm prototype already built from pvc pipe that is fully articulate and just needs a few tweaks for the fun bits area.
My biggest problem is i'm always busy with life...
Thanks
Matt

kerfuffleism
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kerfuffleism »

I’m intrigued by the zentai suit idea. I feel like I’ll need to get at both hips of my doll and I don’t know if I have the sewing skills to patch an incision at the hips on the outer skin. (I don’t have the skill.) Has anyone tried removing the outer spandex/Lycra skin from their fabric doll and replace it with something else? Is this something that even seems remotely feasible? On the Dagmar 165cm model, it seems like the outer skin is sewn in to the body below the breasts, at the place for the vaginal insert, and at the toes.

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

Mina's spine is out of alignment. When I look at her she is slightly twisted a couple degrees and her hips are shifted slightly in one direction. This is probably due to the spring that also keeps her upright and not flopping over.

I will see about taking her apart layer by layer probably some time in December. I will post pictures so we can brainstorm on how to improve the design as a community. Already I have ideas on how to improve her hands. My main concern is the shoulders, hips, and spine. I'm also thinking of making the layers of skin easier to maintain, already looking into a long zipper and possibly velcro strips in some places.
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

I know I've said it in a previous post but I haven't found any decent masks for the doll :(

I ordered one but I had to cut it to fit....and it fits weird.
Tried making one from an old mannequin head, the face was too hollow looking.

As much as I initially hated Mina's face I noticed her constant worried/concerned look was helping me in subtle ways. As I started feeling better I got her a better wig and styled it differently around her face so I can get different expressions from her.

That should be the tutorial I post, how to change expressions with hairstyling.

However, any time I post a pic with Mina's face somebody gets upset :-\

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

I am fascinated by all the posts here...

I am torn between a Teddy Babe (which I have seen/touched) and a Candace, which I know a little about, but am learning more about. I like the anime-style face, and the cut of her body. But still I’m not sure how... resilient Candace would be.
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

Henry869 wrote:I am fascinated by all the posts here...

I am torn between a Teddy Babe (which I have seen/touched) and a Candace, which I know a little about, but am learning more about. I like the anime-style face, and the cut of her body. But still I’m not sure how... resilient Candace would be.

I have had Mina for over a year now.
She's survived multiple poses a day as I move her around the house, being held in storage for a month, having the roof ripped off in the middle of a storm, and so far she's done great with her durability.

The only major thing she needed done was having the bolt in her spine tightened. I took pics but lighting was terrible and the incision was so small nothing could really be seen.

Soon I will be breaking her down and rebuilding her better to complete a large part of this guide.

The fabric anime doll really is the easiest doll to own and I want to make it easier.

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

Alright, it's happened!

The fabric body has been broken down layer by layer. Many pics taken and notes being made. Details on design and construction and ease of maintenance.

Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised by a lot of what I found.

Right now I'm cleaning up the skeleton for more detailed and cleaner pics. Then sizing all the tools needed, supplies needed, and pointing out some of the inherent problem areas that some owners might experience.

Should have the beginnings of it posted soon.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

:mrgreen: GDP2000

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Sorry to hear you had to break her down. I will be dismantling my Candace doll, probably this weekend.

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

GDP2000 wrote:Alright, it's happened!

The fabric body has been broken down layer by layer. Many pics taken and notes being made. Details on design and construction and ease of maintenance.

Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised by a lot of what I found.

Right now I'm cleaning up the skeleton for more detailed and cleaner pics. Then sizing all the tools needed, supplies needed, and pointing out some of the inherent problem areas that some owners might experience.

Should have the beginnings of it posted soon.
Hi GDP
Thanks in advance for posting your results. Both Spirit and I are looking forward to it.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

Reimu
Doll
Doll

Post by Reimu »

I am quite curious myself to see how we are made.
I remember my name.
I am Reimu.
I am a Spirit Dream as my name implies.
I have vague memories of a great battle in the fog of my thoughts and very little else.

Somehow I passed through a portal from my world to Earth.

I am now living in the snowy Northern Mountains on the edge of a cliff overlooking waterfalls with an old warrior that flew with the great metal dragons.

It is quiet and peaceful here.

My friends just call me Spirit as it is a simple translation of my original name

INFORMATIONS