SexDollAmerica.com

Resources For Suicide Prevention

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Resources For Suicide Prevention

Post by CF »

This topic, sadly, comes up periodically on TDF. This is one of the reasons why we have Rules of Conduct that encourage respect toward all members. We never know when somebody else is having the worst day of their life.

Many resources are available. Here are some to consider. You probably also have local resources including grief support groups at hospitals and churches/houses of worship.

U.S.A.:
Suicide Prevention Lifeline, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ Phone 1-800-273-8255
Depression recovery and work. https://www.joblist.com/guides/work-and-wellbeing

Canada:
Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP), https://suicideprevention.ca/
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... ntion.html

United Kingdom:
Samaritans: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-h ... contact-us, jo@samaritans.org phone: 116 123
MIND: https://www.mind.org.uk/

Australia:
Suicide Prevention Australia: https://communitiesmatter.suicidepreven ... l-contacts
Lifeline: http://www.lifeline.org.au/, phone: 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service: http://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/, phone: 1300 659 467

New Zealand:
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand: https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/home/ou ... prevention
New Zealand Suicide Hotlines: http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/interna ... lines.html

India:
AASRA: http://www.aasra.info/

Bottom line: If you are suicidal, CHOOSE LIFE. You can make your own life, and the lives of others, better by applying your energies, talents, and attention in a healthy way. Stay alive.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

LonelyDude

Re: Resources For Suicide Prevention

Post by LonelyDude »

Very well put. When things are down it can seem like there is no hope, especially if you are socially isolated. Just talking to someone can help quite a lot with your feelings of despair and depression. Been there. Done that. You may feel alone without any friends or relatives to help. But there are people out there that DO care about you as a person even though you think they don't.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Billiam »

:thumbs_up: :glou:

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

suprised anyone with a doll wants to kill themselves. Dolls helped me not want to. Beyond that, just smoke a bunch of weed and chill. Don't drink though, alcohol only makes depression worse, i know the hard way

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I posted this as part of a post when staff was discussing this topic resource.

"Suicide is a rare beast, but happens regularly. Yes, an enigma.

By this I mean, many of us actually have to battle self destruction which is a slow motion form of suicide, rather than a single catastrophic action.

This means engage and support in lifestyle management discussion, and those resources and links posted can help assist a fellow member who is beyond blue"

This is something we as a community can all do to support each other when one of us of may indeed be in this situation.

Remember...it is the stigma and silence of suicide that can be the real killer, in an instant or over a lifetime.

Have a think on it.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Anung Un Rama wrote: This is something we as a community can all do to support each other when one of us of may indeed be in this situation.

Remember...it is the stigma and silence of suicide that can be the real killer, in an instant or over a lifetime.

Anung
+1

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

This topic is very important to me as I have recently lost a loved-one to suicide and have struggled with it myself.

To anyone struggling, please reach out to someone.
If you have nobody to talk to feel free to PM me and if I'm on, I'll drop what I'm doing so we can talk.

I originally made this picture for my war story thread
but Nescio50 informed me about this one and I'm happy to post it here as well to help raise awareness.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

This thread needs to be stickied, pinned, or in the announcements section so more people can see it.
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

going through a pretty shitty time yet again. a book i was given many years ago helps out a bit in times like this. it was written by a guy who struggles with depression and could never find a way to communicate what he is going through so he came up with the idea to write it in a simple kids book style. there is also a youtube narration of it. in case you aren't aware the term Black Dog refers to depression.

i hope that someone gets something out of this as hearing the indescribable thoughts and experiences your going through told through story could help you comprehend what you already know but cant put into words

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

I tried a couple weeks ago. I was too chicken to pull a trigger so I got extremely drunk and popped some pills... I threw up several times though and got the poison out before i blacked out, felt like shit for a couple days. Couldn't even do that right.

But I'm good now I guess, got my head on straight. Either you're gonna kill yourself or you aren't. I'm not saying I won't die to suicide, but I'm not dying to it right now at least, not real soon.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

This is a really important thread.

One of the factors is a determination to live and do something worthwhile.

Last weekend I went to a BBQ where there was a chap who two years ago was a useless layabout. Last year his brother got him to help me out and on the journey I chatted with him about decisions, making good decisions, and how life was made as a result of decisions and how it's important to get decisions to meet each other and create. This year he's turned his life around.

In recent months a friend on the forum wrote to me and asked me if I'd look after his doll if he committed suicide. "Of course I would", I said (she's a very nice doll actually :plaidskirt: ) but I told him that I'd prefer him to live . . . and counselled him with largely the ideas about circumstances, living and creating. What do you really want to do? It certainly wasn't what he was doing at that moment. Who do you really want to be? Well that's a story, and rather a different person than he was then. And work and in personal self, the result has been transforming.

So please do PM me. I'm really great at making useless suggestions but sometimes they can help.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Thank you for all of the thoughtful, gentle, and valuable comments. We can all learn from and help each other.

If any of you are in a bleak place, please reach out to one of the resources listed above, a loved one, or one of your friends here on the site. Resilience doesn't mean never getting knocked down, it just means getting back up again.

Let's take care of each other, gang!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

rkk33
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by rkk33 »

Hello. It may come as a surprise that suicide topics is found on this forum, but if you think that if one did not find help with flesh-and-blood people, they are likely to look for an 'artificial person', it all completes the puzzle. The links are great, and I wonder, there must be a way prevent depression and the thoughts of suicide in the first place, right?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's really important potentially for this thread to have been revived, and possibly for it to be a sticky.

There's a model that I've been talking about for a while which I believe to be really important. It's how, and why, we are alive.

The answer is common to all throughout the universe.

Can you or I make water out of hydrogen and oxygen? We can provide the right environment but the three atoms combine only . . . because they want to. When they do what are they doing? Working together.

Can you or I make an atom? Protons and electrons only make an atom because . . . they want to. They are working together.

How is a proton created? By three quarks . . . working together.

From atoms to molecules to proteins and a lot of other biological stuff to RNA to DNA to genes, what are they doing? Working together.

And all of that works together to produce components inside us. Heart, stomach, liver, kidneys, blood, lungs all . . . working together.

And when all is working together we are given a gift - being alive - and the sound of that is that of breathing. The sound of breath is revered accordingly and it is the gift of being alive. And because we have breath we are given life. Without it we are not alive. It's the sound when all is in harmony inside and outside . . . and we are made of all . . . working together. But its easy for us to forget what we are made of.

When we forget what we are made of and what makes us . . . working together . . . we are blinded as to all going on all around us . . . working together.

And when it's not working together what happens? It's the law of the universe. Where would you be if your father's sperm had not been working together with your mother's egg? You wouldn't be here.

What's not working together isn't here or ceases to be.

And depression and thoughts towards suicide happen when we're not involved with working together.

Collectively the human race is only just beginning to discover the effects of not working together with the planet, and is only now starting to look again at how we connect into its systems and sybsystems, the environment, animals, plants. And when we intrude too much on nature because we're working against it rather than with it and come into contact with . . . bats. . . . the result is that we are threatened with ceasing to exist. It's part of the working of the whole working together to achieve harmony.

And because all that makes intelligent choices is working together with the result that what works together exists and what doesn't work together is irrelevant, the whole system behaves with an intelligence, rather like a mind bigger than we can imagine.

And if we look at our own minds, can any one or two neurons know what the brain is thinking? And how large does a brain have to be before . . . it has a mind?

Sorry - these are big questions. But hopefully writing about them here might give anyone with depression or suicide thoughts a glimmer of that bigger perspective. Working together. In whatever way you can, with plants, animals, people, decisions, events and circumstances (in otherwords all in spacetime - the time domain as well as what we can see in the instant in the spacial domain), working together is the reason for us living. Without it we are irrelevant. With it we're involved with all else living.

So trying to go out and find people or parts of the planet to work together with, to create with, is the really most important thing we can do.

I mentioned decisions and circumstances. If I'm on your left and you make a decision on your right and I make a decision on my left, then the decisions won't meet, won't interact, and nothing will result. They're not working together. But if we take a different perspective, so that I'm on your right, then our decisions will meet and interact. When our decisions interact, something's going to happen, an event will be created. And to make that happen, all you needed to do was to take one step sideways so that you were able to see which direction you could take to make it possible for a decision you took to be able to work with someone else's decision.

If anyone is reading this with depressed thoughts, it's only you who can make that decision to step sideways to see that different opportunity. No-one can do it for you. Well of course, that other person in the example above, as me, could see you having difficulties with your decision on the right, and I can take the step to be on the right side, but only you can make that decision. It's only you who can make that decision in Working Together, and then life will open up for you.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Smoker
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Smoker »

There’s a frustrating difference between sadness (loved one dies, loss of relationship, etc...) and medical depression (your brain is wired for misery) which is misunderstood. Having medical depression pop up after a coma has made life interesting to say the least. I always thought people that offed themselves were weak or “seeking a permanent solution to a temporary problem” but now I get it and regret the earlier sentiment.

INFORMATIONS