SexDollAmerica.com

New technological developments in dolls?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Mordred478
Apprentice
Apprentice

New technological developments in dolls?

Post by Mordred478 »

I discovered this forum about six months ago and began reading, both here and on the sites of the various doll makers. One thing that became clear is that the technology of dolls is evolving rapidly, so much so that I decided to hold off on buying one. I've read that the materials out of which the dolls are made will change, that there will be better skin feel, improved facial appearance (eyes, mouth), and so on. So what I'm asking in this post is, to the knowledge of anyone reading this, have there been any notable such improvements recently, or are some around the corner. Thanks.

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New technological developments in dolls?

Post by MANABU »

Don't hold off. Jump in now. I have read many regrets for members who say their biggest regret was waiting. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain by jumping in now. Also there is a learning curve to these dolls that doesn't happen overnight. A lot of owners learn a lot from the mistakes made from their first doll. So make those blunders now so you don't have to go through them when miss super ultra mega doll comes out

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

I'm going to echo what MANABU said. By the time there will be significant improvements, you're probably in the market for a new doll anyway.

Of course it depends how long are you planning on waiting.

I joined here on February, 8 months ago. The biggest advancement during that time has been a TPE skeleton that can shrug and some 6YE faces have seen slightly more realistic face sculpts. Other improvements have been very iterative. Some bigger but many just small tune-ups here and there.

As for advancements like new skin material, touch sensors, AI, robotics etc, for those to become anything worth shelling extra cash for, you'd be in the market for a new doll even if you were to buy a current gen doll right now. Technically, touch sensors are working already in a way that touch can be sensed by the doll. Utilizing that to the fullest with a proper software will take years to master.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Here are some recent threads to check out:

Boeing727223
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Boeing727223 »

I have been waiting...maybe too long! I have been a lurker on this site since the early 2000's (watching the Realdoll website since 1997). I became a member (boeing727223) in mid 2000's, but after a while not being on the site I lost my password, and the email I used then I no longer have. I have since created my new username. What blows me away is the number of Asian doll manufacturers that have popped up in the last couple of years. Last time I was on the site Asian dolls were tough to get, and the sites were not in English. So if there is anybody who has waited too long its me. I am jumping in Jan 2018 when I clear a credit card up. Some of the doll improvements I would love to see on the TPE side is skin detail in whole body and genital areas. 6YE I noticed has the premium dolls with skin details along with some other manufacturers. I am blow away by how beautiful these dolls are. So I expect better skin details, skeletons, hopefully better detailed hands and feet. That should be very near future so let's jump in!

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

There have been so many major improvements in the last year, but my favorite has to be Sili Doll’s new TPE formula. I just wrote a bit about it here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=91221

And to echo others, don’t wait! There’s always something amazing around the corner. It’s good to think beyond looks and about the tech that goes into a doll, but I’d say just go for it! You won’t regret it!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

IMHO:

There has been an improvement in 'modelling' which I suspect is related to advances in 3D CGI applications.

Daz Studio, for example.

You can almost match the version of a 3D 'asset' to a doll head/body out there.

LDF.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Any tech in a TPE doll will be limited to better skeleton, basic AI and better TPE.
It makes no sense to go high tech on a limited life doll.

I have not seen much advancement in silicone dolls as far as material other than gel implants.
No high tech mesh reinforced skin, artificial muscle, etc.

Better skeletons and AI + simple robotics seem to be the big push.
Abyss is supposed to have their new AI doll for around 15K.
I think the belief is that the current silicone and body design is good enough for now, but what is lacking is the mental stimuli that AI & robotic will add.

If you plan to spend 4K, but want to hold out for a high tech sexbot for 6K. Probably won't happen that cheap. Buy what you can afford now and enjoy your doll while you save up the big buck for the sexbot in 5 yrs that's 20K. Or maybe you already have 20K to spend on dolls, clothes and lube?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

And as far as things you can add to any existing doll - there's some great stuff in that category as well. Don't overlook MannequinFan's constant updates to his 3d printed eyes, which are and always have been amazing. Also the BodyColor by MissAtleur semi-permanent cosmetic product line is an absolute game changer for TPE dolls. Worth checking out after you make your decision :)
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Jump in and enjoy the ride! :whistle:

INFORMATIONS