SexDollAmerica.com

Chat...

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Chat...

Post by deadpringle »

DarkOne wrote:People who want to stick around/gain access to more features can grab a proper application like MIRC, Also free.
Actually, mIRC is shareware, so it's not really free. It can be freely obtained, but personally I prefer X-Chat which is GPL for non-Windows systems (there is a GPL port for Windows users as well, but it's not the main upstream application).
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

Well, its sort of installed. Just the basics, havnt installed any of the plugins yet, nor fully incorporated it into the board. But if you are logged in to the forum, and go to http://www.dollforum.com/forum/chat/ you'll be in the chat.
The logout button drops you to a generic page. I need to figure out where to set that to bring you somewhere else.
Also, without the little notice on that bottom saying whos chatting, I doubt we'll be able to have two or more people in there.. Theres been a few times that seeing someone in chat has made me want to join.

And DarkOne; if you check it out, be sure to click on the little wrench thingy, and uncheck all the sound fx. I dont think you are forced to listen to voice, so no worried about those annoying sounds coming through from others (that part isnt installed yet anyway).

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

A lot of hosting companies do not allow IRC servers to be installed. Maybe this one does, maybe not. Either way, let's not go there. I like chatting online and I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on TDF chat, but I don't want to use an IRC client. IRC makes people crazy for some reason, and it invites crazies to chat. No thank you.

I've been in chat on the new proggie today for awhile with myself1942 and I'm convinced this is not the full version. It seems to be lacking features, there are a lot of odd problems like no sound at all, no default avatars, doesn't indicate when the other person is typing, and there's this thing called "adbot" that pops up periodically advertising "dollgallery.com" and wtf is that exactly? Why can't paid software ever be totally awesome and adorable right out of the box? Headaches and nightmares.

This just in: the software told myself1942 that I had left the room while I was still there typing. Ugh.

Going in to this, I was like "we're about to be taken to a dream world of magic, pass the Chronic--what--cles of Narnia," and now I'm like, gimme an ice pack for my achin head. :puppydogeyes:

Thank you, Phreddie, for working on this. Like Lemminkainen said, you da man! :D
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi guys, as Phreddie said, the chat is fare from finished and there's loads of plugins that we need to install. Dave will work on the chat over the weekend and hopefully sort most of the problems out. We need Phreddie to look into some problems we are having with CoverDoll and make sure that everything we need for all the sites is on the new server. The chat is important but the running systems of the main sites is what keeps us going, so all these bugs also need to be sorted.

We'll make sure you get a good chat, we've invested in some good hardware and software to make things as pleasurable as possible for you all :D.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

jbmac

Post by jbmac »

The new chat looks nice, but is it the official TDF chat?

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

jbmac wrote:The new chat looks nice, but is it the official TDF chat?
Yes, it just needs to be fully setup :)
 Click to go to Coverdoll

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Okay, I checked it out briefly, and while I realize it's still in the setup stage, will there be the possibility of choosing a color for one's text like there was with the last two chats? It's just something I've become accustomed to, where each of the regulars has their own color so it makes it easy to tell at a glance who said what...sort of like the visual equivalent of recognizing each other's voices. Likewise, is a different background than just the stark white possible? There was just something intimately comforting about the darker schemes of the previous chats, like hanging out in someone's basement or den (or whatever's the not gender-specific version of a "mancave" :roll: ) versus the brightness of the public forum.

Most of the software stuff goes straight over my head, but does this mean that Homestar Runner is now my sole reason for keeping Flash up to date? :P

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Toybox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Toybox »

Yeah, you can change your font color, size, and type.
I went indie once, I got a cool hat and a whip..I kinda liked it...but I had these giant boulders chasing me everywhere a lot, and so I had to give that shit up.

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

Can anyone post screenshots because I can't get the chat page to load.
All I get is a "unable to connect."
Oh well I guess its back to chat avenue.

Phreddie
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Phreddie »

I fixed the chat link on the top menubar thingy.. I had missed that one. Not sure if theres still any old links kicking around.

jbmac

Post by jbmac »

Awesome ,thanks, see some of you in chat later!

Scooter
Location: in the Orion Arm, within the Local Fluff of the Local Bubble

Post by Scooter »

There's a web client for IRC called Mibbit. May be just the thing you're looking for. I prefer IRC (being a Linux user), but there's always Hexchat (xchat fork) that works in Windows and is free.
I drank WHAT?!!!! - Socrates

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

Behold the proposed and somewhat functional chatroom.
Adbot you complete me!
the tongue licking emoji is so awesome!!! Image

TDF new chat.jpg
TDF new chat.jpg (142.35 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
Random adbot messages:
AdBot: RainLover loves me.
AdBot: Don't visit dollgallery, I misspoke, its http://www.dollalbum.com

Chat Help: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/chat/help/index.php

Showing pictures in chat doesn't work but this is what the upload box looks like.
TDF new chat 2.jpg
TDF new chat 2.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
sound effects
TDF new chat 3.jpg
TDF new chat 3.jpg (40.02 KiB) Viewed 2844 times

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

chat looks good!

hop on in!
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

mudpaw wrote: Random adbot messages:
AdBot: RainLover loves me.
Squeee! :mrgreen:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS