SexDollAmerica.com

UPS requiring packages to be opened!!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: UPS requiring packages to be opened!!

Post by deusbot »

One thing that might factor in could be declared value and/or insurance. I sent with insurance a high end laptop recently from the walk-in (it may have been FedEx) and had to do a basic verify of what's in the box because of the declared value. I could have skipped it if I had sent it from the office, which sends lots of big expensive stuff all the time, but not everyone has a high volume office they can send stuff from.
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

SkillZ

Post by SkillZ »

I am assuming it is like a few have mentioned, that it has to do with walk in customers, that don't have "UPS" boxes and/or accounts with UPS. Or maybe just a non-standard box/shape...

The box wasn't a new box, but was in good shape, and the tape job was so solid the girl couldn't figure out how to open it easily, and her box cutter was struggling to cut it.. :roll:

That was one part that really irritated me was that I took extra time and care to do a solid tape job to protect the contents, and then this chick just cuts it open and does a mediocre job at best re-taping.. :thumbs_down:

I was planning to sell items on eBay soon (not related to this site) that are heavy and require double boxing with serious padding/protection... I wouldn't be to happy if I had to open such items...
I will have to go back in to the UPS location before I ship anything else through them and learn more of this new policy... :?

SkillZ

Post by SkillZ »

deusbot wrote:One thing that might factor in could be declared value and/or insurance. I sent with insurance a high end laptop recently from the walk-in (it may have been FedEx) and had to do a basic verify of what's in the box because of the declared value. I could have skipped it if I had sent it from the office, which sends lots of big expensive stuff all the time, but not everyone has a high volume office they can send stuff from.
I did put insurance on the item, but the clerk didn't know I wanted insurance until AFTER she opened it..

batosan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by batosan »

Gah, I hope this isn't true. I can't say I would be too embarrassed if I kept my cool, but cutting the tape and ripping out the bubble wrap is going to be a pain in the ass.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

I'm finding no mention of such a policy change on either the UPS site or elsewhere on the web. Sounds to me like Alex's assumption is more likely. I'd file a compaint if I were you, 'cause if a clerk is lying to customers as an excuse to satisfy their curiosity, they should at the very least be reprimanded if not fired. :x

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Seems that this kind of thing has been occurring over the years here and there. I found this on the web along with other similar stories dating back even further.

Check the 3rd post down on this link.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html? ... &t=1111382
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

mandingo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mandingo »

Thanks For the update
Dolls dolls doll!!

Follow the dolls on Xvideos:

And on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bombshellbarbiedollz/
https://www.instagram.com/shantaedoll69/

mavis00

Post by mavis00 »

NotMyName, I think they should be FIRED! Total violation of privacy, and abuse of position.
My doll album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13988

Dawn (MLD) SOLD
Sadirah (Teddy Babe) SOLD
Cheyenne (via beautifuldolls) SOLD
Margot/Suni (Ruby13) SOLD
Asami (via beautifuldolls) SOLD
Yanna (via SRSD) SOLD

I'm a female

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Just a side note - unless they changed vendors Abyss ships via SEKO, not UPS. At least for their dolls.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

MisterJ

Post by MisterJ »

From my experiences, they only open at the counter if you are insuring the parcel for a large amount of money and need to verify the shipping contents. A while back I had to send off my $750 Orvis Helios fly rod to Vermont for repair and when I walked up to the counter to ship this little tube and requested 750 bucks of insurance, the clerk did a double take and asked me to open the box so she could verify the contents (so as to make sure I wasn't trying to commit insurance fraud).

As far as USPS, they can open mail lower than 4th class (e.g. Standard/Parcel Post, or Media Mail), anything higher (Priority/Express) requires a warrant to be opened/inspected.

Candy8teen
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Candy8teen »

Right of Inspection:
UPS reserves the right to open and inspect any package tendered to it for transportation.

This has always ben there right. Not just USP all logistic company's. I do not think a shipping store has that right unless they are suspicions of a danger or unlawful items. After 911 they have opened the door for more personal searches where at one time they would have just opened the box after you left. The day of privacy is a right is no longer the case just ask Edward Snowden.

Mike

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Yes, as a private carrier, UPS reserves the right to insect packages if they suspect illicit or hazardous contents. I knew someone whose boyfriend attempted to acquire a large quantity of cannabis via UPS under the guise of it being tattoo equipment, only for said package to be delivered by an undercover cop in a UPS uniform. :roll: And this happened in the early 90s, well before 9/11 and the Patriot Act.

However, for a random clerk to claim a company-wide policy change in response to a plane crash, when A. no mention of such can be found anywhere on the web, and B. the investigation so far has found nothing to indicate the cargo itself somehow caused the crash, is highly suspicious. :?

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

INFORMATIONS