SexDollAmerica.com

RECENT POSTS Changes

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Mordian

Re: RECENT POSTS Changes

Post by Mordian »

If you don't want people reading the non-doll related stuff in those forums, then delete the forums out right, don't hide them.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

For those who want to see it all, just use the "View Unread posts", or "View New posts" link, that still shows everything...
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

sugar68

Post by sugar68 »

AlexKnight wrote:For those who want to see it all, just use the "View Unread posts", or "View New posts" link, that still shows everything...
Thank you!

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

Thank you bought very much :D
It may not be easy being new at times but with what i know and a little help from generously helpful members like you im sure ill get the hang of it in no time :wink:

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Vanessa wrote:As you say, most people here search for doll topics anyhow. This is a doll forum, after all. So there is absolutely no need to promote what most search for anyhow. So "saving on server load" is nonsense. I mainly use the recent posts button and if you look at the number of clicks there, you see I'm not alone. No one will see open forum topics or such anymore. Being off-topic anyhow here means few clicks, now even much less posts, making it be almost useless to even start a topic there. One thing I liked about this forum (other current good non-doll related topic now hidden) was you can talk about other stuff too, and you will find people able to relate. It's the off-topic things members post that give you the chance to get to know a member (the member ! not the doll). Some don't have a doll, for some, dolls aren't the center of life (anymore), some come here for having found friendship, and all of those will suffer from this change. If you read "recent posts" that suggests you find it all there, which you now don't. So I think this is a very bad decision. And it has to do with something else (my "someone calls me an idiot" warning lamp is blinking !) where I clearly voiced my disliking before. So I disagree, a lot. This is like a terror attack on topic diversity and the personal touch this forum has (had).

Sorry for not being a nod-nod, but you know how I am, I'm just my own true self, honest and not to be bent.
What Vanessa said: aka what fucking load of bollocks! Do you want a vibrant community (with the occasional fits of sulkypants that entails) or would you rather run a nice, quiet (and dull) 'Doll Museum and Information Center'?

Face, meet nose and knife...
tumbleweed-rolling.jpg
tumbleweed-rolling.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
:shakefist:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Mordian wrote:If you don't want people reading the non-doll related stuff in those forums, then delete the forums out right, don't hide them.
Not a case of not wanting people to read non-doll topics. it is a case of giving Doll Topics priority exposure.

AlexKnight wrote:For those who want to see it all, just use the "View Unread posts", or "View New posts" link, that still shows everything...

Vanessa and Cosycottage.... Read above ;) So just click on New Posts instead :)

No need to have all four options produce essentially the same thing ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Bianca wrote:Vanessa and Cosycottage.... Read above ;) So just click on New Posts instead :)

No need to have all four options produce essentially the same thing ;)
Sorry, but the "new posts"-link is a lame replacement for it, because a) it isn't as visible and b) it sucks. Why ? Because... what happened this morning is : I went there, saw posts, fine, read something, tried to give advice, but had to search around myself first, posted, went to "new posts" again to read other new posts, but now there was just my reply being "new" since I last clicked on that link, so... :roll:

And if we have 4 options producing the same thing (which they don't), then why not kill 3 of them and leave one (if "server load" wasn't a stupid pretext...) And... if we kill unnnecessary links, why the obvious prominent one with most clicks any link on this server has ?! And again, the "main interest of users" (dolls) having to be defended against niche topics is PaRaN 8O Id and a stupid pretext for - :roll: - you know what I talk about.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Vanessa wrote: And it has to do with something else
Vanessa wrote: and a stupid pretext for - :roll: - you know what I talk about.
Huh? :?

I don't know whether or not it's better or worse for TDF itself, but thinking in terms of ME, I like it. Keeping myself on dollcentric threads is best for me, as the Open Forum and Batcave are areas the have been most problematic for me in regards to other members here. Best to keep even more to myself, as in real life. :evidence:

Out of sight, out of mind.

I can spend more time now "promoting" my dolls/MQ, than my views and other things. Getting all tangled up in those threads, now I won't even fucking see them, and be free of them altogether.

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

narcissus wrote: I don't know whether or not it's better or worse for TDF itself, but thinking in terms of ME, I like it. Keeping myself on dollcentric threads is best for me, as the Open Forum and Batcave are areas the have been most problematic for me in regards to other members here. Best to keep even more to myself, as in real life. :evidence:

Out of sight, out of mind
Yeah! Shut yer marf if yer know what's good for yer! :mrgreen:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

I love people with a sense of humor ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

cosycottage wrote:
Yeah! Shut yer marf if yer know what's good for yer! :mrgreen:
:shakefist:
Bianca wrote:I love people with a sense of humor ;)
Bianca, you sure wink a lot when you talk. :lol:

I don't have much of a sense of humor, that's been problematic here for me, too.

The music thread is in the Open Forum, if I go to that forum to post in that thread, I will have to be careful of the topics surrounding it, so I am not lured in. If I view my posts, I see it there, so I think I will just do that.

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

Well, call me confused, but ...

It seems that I am a creature of habit, and still go directly to "View active topics", not remembering that it won't show me ALL active topics in ALL the threads ...

And yet, although "Open Forum" should have been excluded from the results, I was very fortunate to see these nice Xmas/Holiday wishes that were posted there:

Just for the admin to show appreciation Happy Holidays by itsme
Merry Christmas from the girls by SpiritfireM (including a ne'er-before seen pic of all his girls)
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! by timetraveler1
A Brilliant and Inspiring Group of Carolers posted by no less than Bianca herself...

So this xmas, I am thankful that the new improved "View Active Topics" link was NOT working correctly, so that I was able to see all the holiday greetings, and not just those in Dolls Alive or in a specific manufacturer's forum.

(By the way, if we have a bunch of links at the top that all give almost the same results, why not eliminate THOSE, and just have two links: "View Active Links" & "View Active Links (including Off-Topic)" or something like that. Newbies or lurkers would not click the "Off-Topic" link if they are only interested in doll info, and don't want to join in on the camaraderie of the forum.)

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

I've always viewed the forum by clicking on "View unread posts" so I still see everything, apparently. I accidentally posted in an Open Forum thread, and deleted it. :lol:
While I might miss birthdays, holidays and stuff, that's not a big deal for me, it's better that I try to keep my big mouth shut and keep to myself, more people won't consider me their foes that way at least. :lol:

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

midiman wrote: ... However, when you get hot topics where people are all out busy arguing and debating TDF policy...
Aren’t you one of the major contributors when it comes to defending TDF policy?
midiman wrote:...So we are addressing the majority of visitors...
And exactly how did you ascertain this?
May your roots be strong and your branches free to wander.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Hmm, either I'm not reading this thread right, or they set it back to the way it was. Because I clicked on "Most recent posts" when I started and have been browsing through it all night, and many of the topics I have clicked on were from the Open Forum. I don't visit The Batcave, but I've seen threads from them as well.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS