SexDollAmerica.com

RECENT POSTS Changes

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

RECENT POSTS Changes

Post by TDF_Management »

In an effort to reduce server load and also to better promote doll topics on our Doll Forum we have removed the Open Forum and Bat Cave from the Recent Posts listing.

We encourage members interested in these mostly non-doll topics to visit the specific forums.

The majority of traffic at TDF is here looking fro information on dolls, so we wish to emphasize that.

All forums are accessible from the home page

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for some members.

TDF Management

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: RECENT POSTS Changes

Post by skybird100000 »

I guess you mean with that the View new posts button or is it the View active topics?

I use the view new posts one 99% of the time :?

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

You do realise you are lowering the tone of the batcave by sticking the whinging bastards in with us
:evilbat: :haha4: :evilbat: :haha4: :evilbat: :haha4:
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

well, i am not sure that is an improvement/ now we must search through 2 or 3 separate forums just to see what has been posted recently. perhaps you in ADMIN will also tire of this new design soon. BG

there have been an excess of posting at times on the weekends there are 3 pages of recent posts. i used to look through the original,way back version of the site. i liked that one too.

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

On a more serious note, would it be feasible to have where the links 'View active topics | View new posts' are to have two extra links, one for this page and one for the batcave. :?:
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

TDF_Management wrote:In an effort to reduce server load and also to better promote doll topics on our Doll Forum we have removed the Open Forum and Bat Cave from the Recent Posts listing.
Makes sense. It's a bit of an inconvenience to then have to go to those other forums to search, but no matter.

sugar68

Post by sugar68 »

I miss being able to see everything at once.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

I'm new here and was going to try and announce myself in the open forum as i was advised to do by one of the very nice and helpful Site Owners here but i still have no idea where to go or what to do to start a new topic :cry:
Could someone please give me some help/advice on how to start a new topic :?:

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Thing is, with what all sometimes can go on in the Open Forum and the Batcave, it's not always pretty, let's just say. It's easier to stay away from such areas too, when they won't be popping up in the Recent Posts. This keeps the forum way more dollcentic, even among members, not just lurkers.

Wonder if Dolls in General was considered, too?

KalSpiro
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by KalSpiro »

AlyDolly wrote:I'm new here and was going to try and announce myself in the open forum as i was advised to do by one of the very nice and helpful Site Owners here but i still have no idea where to go or what to do to start a new topic :cry:
Sure thing. You go to the forum of your choice -> Click the button labeled New Topic -> Type a subject in the subject line -> Type whatever you want to say in the body -> Click submit at the bottom.

Hope that helped.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

AlyDolly wrote:I'm new here and was going to try and announce myself in the open forum as i was advised to do by one of the very nice and helpful Site Owners here but i still have no idea where to go or what to do to start a new topic :cry:
Go to the page:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Don't scroll down, just look down about 3/4 of the screen towards the bottom left and you will see a plus sign with "New Topic" next to it in blue, click it.

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

I am not sure in the event of things that happened lately what is the real reason to change them now... If there are less posts to see there is less insentive to visit. There are not that many new dolls coming out as far I know so hard to keep discussing about that. People come back for any reasons and chitchat can lower the entry level as for many ppl dolls are still a taboo/freak thing. When I go to other doll sites and I see for example 10 posts in 1 week I dont even bother reading what they post as for me its dead there.

And about doll news, can't even remember I saw a new doll at all the last months. We have the first owner of a Lupe doll on this forum but thats it? And as far I know of all the dolls available there are pictures to be found somewhere on this forum.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

skybird100000 wrote:I am not sure in the event of things that happened lately what is the real reason to change them now... If there are less posts to see there is less insentive to visit. There are not that many new dolls coming out as far I know so hard to keep discussing about that. People come back for any reasons and chitchat can lower the entry level as for many ppl dolls are still a taboo/freak thing. When I go to other doll sites and I see for example 10 posts in 1 week I dont even bother reading what they post as for me its dead there.

And about doll news, can't even remember I saw a new doll at all the last months. We have the first owner of a Lupe doll on this forum but thats it? And as far I know of all the dolls available there are pictures to be found somewhere on this forum.

I have seen lots of new doll owners on here in the last 6 weeks. However, when you get hot topics where people are all out busy arguing and debating TDF policy and features pushing their posts off the recent posts page, it is no wonder you don't see any.

Here's hoping you will see more of them now.

I will see if I can make a list of links and post them here this evening just as point of order ;)

Truly, each time you follow a recent posts link, you need to go back to recent posts for an updated list. So the extra effort of clicking on the Doll Forum and then Open Forum or Bat Cave is only one extra click.

We want to keep the focus on dolls. Open Forum and Bat Cave are not what the greater majority of people are coming here to look at. So we are addressing the majority of visitors.

I also follow open forum and bat cave, but I can live with checking them after I check out the dolly posts ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

Lets face it. I'm sure that most of the issues that management has to address come from those two forums. Removing them from the 'quick' search will reduce activity on those forums as well as reduce the visibility of the altercations that sometimes take place there.
This may result in less need for management intervention and a greater focus on the more positive and fun aspects of doll ownership.
I don't know how it will turn out, but I applaud management for recognizing a problem and attempting to address it.

Good luck, and Happy Dolling! :wink:

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

As you say, most people here search for doll topics anyhow. This is a doll forum, after all. So there is absolutely no need to promote what most search for anyhow. So "saving on server load" is nonsense. I mainly use the recent posts button and if you look at the number of clicks there, you see I'm not alone. No one will see open forum topics or such anymore. Being off-topic anyhow here means few clicks, now even much less posts, making it be almost useless to even start a topic there. One thing I liked about this forum (other current good non-doll related topic now hidden) was you can talk about other stuff too, and you will find people able to relate. It's the off-topic things members post that give you the chance to get to know a member (the member ! not the doll). Some don't have a doll, for some, dolls aren't the center of life (anymore), some come here for having found friendship, and all of those will suffer from this change. If you read "recent posts" that suggests you find it all there, which you now don't. So I think this is a very bad decision. And it has to do with something else (my "someone calls me an idiot" warning lamp is blinking !) where I clearly voiced my disliking before. So I disagree, a lot. This is like a terror attack on topic diversity and the personal touch this forum has (had).

Sorry for not being a nod-nod, but you know how I am, I'm just my own true self, honest and not to be bent.

INFORMATIONS