SexDollAmerica.com

TDF Takes LA: Another Meet well-done!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Re: LA Doll Meet

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

Corporeal wrote:sorry cant read forced to lok at this picture Image
Hee hee. The best part of that photo is...NO HOVER HAND!

RubberDoll was more than kind enough to let me pose with her and promote TDF. She is also my new (and currently only) adult entertainment icon. My adult film collection went from zero to three films courtesy of the beautiful Miss RubberDoll. That reminds me, I need to bookmark her site... Strictly for 'educational purposes', of course... :whistle:
narcissus wrote:Nice shirt, Meg! Anyone ask you about it?
One person did, but only because they thought I was from a booth exhibiting at Exxxotica. I did mention TDF several times to curious bystanders, and many of them pointed out the shirt. So, I was a walking billboard for our awesome site. :D

I just realized how haggard I look in that picture. :P Well, there's an excuse for that, at least...

We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Re: TDF Takes LA: Another Meet well-done!

Post by dollluver73 »

I don't think she seemed to mind. RubberDoll seemed cool about the hole doll thing. That entire day was so cool. I would say it was the highlight of the whole meet. Anyway good to meet you TG, midi, hanu, spider and anyone else that joined us on the tours.
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

THE MEET PROPER!

DAY FIVE: Friday, August 26th

Hanuman and Her Majesty Catherine arrived at the B&B on Friday morning shortly after five A.M (Mistress of the Night Priscilla rode ahead with Midi and I and stayed in the empty beds in my hotel rooms). Hanu and I went to pick up Dollluver and the adorable Tina from Union Station later that morning. Meanwhile, Midiman went back to bed for some much-needed sleep.

Upon returning to the B&B, I found a great, great surprise--DESERAY WAS WAITING FOR ME!!!! :multi: My much beloved Teddy Babe Deluxe had arrived via UPS that morning while I had been out, and Midiman had unpacked her and set her on the bed waiting for me! :mrgreen: I jumped her, embraced her tightly, and kissed her passionately--as Midiman waited near the front door to film my entrance and reaction. He forgot I had an outside entrance to my room. :lol: He still caught the aftermath on camera, though.

I didn't have time to properly 'welcome' Deseray to the B&B, as we had to make haste for Abyss for our official tour of the facility. We arrived about an hour late due to the accursed LA traffic, and found that Spider91 and a couple of other TDFers (whose names I have forgotten--I apologize, dear sirs :() had been waiting for us. I spent some time talking with Matt about repairing my 2006 B5 and received some great advice on what fixing her would entail, then I joined the group on a tour of the workshop.

I could care less about Disneyland, because Abyss is California's true Magic Kingdom. It was awesome seeing how RealDolls are made and getting to know the history of the company first hand. We were privy to some of the developments coming down the pipeline for Abyss and RealDoll, and lemme tell you, they're pretty exciting. :mrgreen:

DAY SIX: Saturday, August 27th

More driving in LA? Yes, ma'am! This day we hit the road for Ruby 13! We were welcomed at Ruby 13's workshop by R13 owner, Don! I was admittedly not as familiar with Ruby13's work as I was with RealDoll, but after spending a few hours seeing Ruby's work first-hand, I have to say that I will be hard pressed to decide against making a Ruby13 my first brand new silicone doll. Currently, Anatomical is still in the lead, followed by RealDoll and Ruby13 in a deadlock. Ruby13's dolls are so soft, so flexible, and considerably lighter and cheaper than their peers. Don is also a true gentlemen, and with a personality like his, combined with the quality of his work, it's no surprise that Ruby13 is the second highest selling doll manufacturer in the U.S.

After leaving Ruby13 and fighting the traffic back into LA, the TDF crew raced for the premiere of Midiman's documentary, All Dolled Up! We had a great time at the screening, though carrying a 92 pound Wicked Real Doll from the car, to the elevator, down the hall, and into the room we'd reserved for the event was a lesson in the importance of knowing how to assemble your doll stand in advance. Also, impatience doesn't pay. Thankfully, I didn't blow out my back.

I've seen Midi's doc approximately seventy times now...okay, six times, and I have to say that I enjoy it more and more with each viewing. Seeing it in a 50" high-def began to do justice to how important it could be in bringing love doll ownership into the mainstream. I've never seen Guys and Dolls, but All Dolled Up is better.

Okay, I need to head home from work. I'll post my last addition to the summary of events at the TDF LA Meet 2011 Pro-Am Golf Extravaganza later this evening. Pictures will follow. Salud!

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Glad you guys had fun but what's up with this? We didn't see anything like this at the Hershey meet. Where are all the photoshoots at?

The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks for the diary of the meet Megami. :D Miss RubberDoll certainly seems to have created and good impression on people! Not too surprising by the pics of her. :P I love the no hover hand, :lol: and you positioned it really well... so no face slap either! :mrgreen: :lol:

Great shirt :wink: I don't envy anyone living in the area all the traffic congestion! It sounds like a real nightmare! 8O Glad you got some decent proffesional advice about your doll from the master himself. I hope that proves invaluable. :D

Glad you had a good time. I'm looking forward to the pics when you get the time. :D

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Great article Megami.

The other doll owners that linked up with us were r4m and photographer (formerly CrazyJose).

r4m made the Vegas meet two years ago and although he had jessica drake as his doll for the game, she is the only one that didn't loose all her clothes :)

If you want to keep your money...or your clothes...don't play poker with r4m :)

Janesays, we learned a little about meets:

...Hold the events as close to the places you intend to visit to avoid losing a half day to driving. That chews up a lot of photo time.

b) Meets are never long enough to do everything.

On Sunday, I had arranged to link up with jessica drake to do video and photos with my doll. The guys had an option... Stay at the B&B and shoot photos in the lovely garden there or join me at Exxxotica. They all elected to join me at Exxotica so we lost our photo session time, with the exception of the dining room table photos on Sunday morning.

jd had a relapse of her illness brought on from what she thinks was the drinking water not boiled long enough in Africa when she visited in June. She NEVER misses a show, but stayed home sick on the Saturday and was in hospital on Sunday when we showed up.

However, we made the most of it and both Alektra Blue and Kaylani were very receptive and generous with their time, providing shout-outs for TDF & Coverdoll.

I have to hit the road. Had my first full 8 hour sleep since I left home. Now I have 1075 miles to cover before my life resumes as a Bluenoser ;)

Be well everyone. I had a great time. The long drive was worth it. Would I do it again? Not likely...without a co-driver :) But I will fly into Phoenix and link up with Hanu and drive from there.

Next scheduled event is Hershey in May 2012 - ALL doll lovers welcome regardless of affiliation. I am working on getting Kharn there and even Mahtek will try to make it, so we may have a Dolly Star to sign autographs.

Good health to all!
Midiman

P.S. I will be posting video of the event. We shot nearly 3 hours so there should be something worth watching LOL
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

That Rubberdoll babe is simply smoking hot. Does she have a performer name or is it indeed Rubberdoll?

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

blindwebster wrote:That Rubberdoll babe is simply smoking hot. Does she have a performer name or is it indeed Rubberdoll?
I believe RubberDoll is her performance name. You think shes hot in pics you sould have seen her in person :D.
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

dollluver73 wrote:
blindwebster wrote:That Rubberdoll babe is simply smoking hot. Does she have a performer name or is it indeed Rubberdoll?
I believe RubberDoll is her performance name. You think shes hot in pics you sould have seen her in person :D.
Thanks for the clarification on that. First I have heard of her, but certainly will not be the last. She is simply gorgeous.

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

janesays wrote:Glad you guys had fun but what's up with this? We didn't see anything like this at the Hershey meet. Where are all the photoshoots at?

Well, at least for me, photoshoots were kinda preempted by driving the gang around and filming for Midiman. So, my camera didn't get much use. Hopefully our location next year will be more conducive to photoshoots. I know I'm hoping for a beachside location next year. :)

Speaking of cameras, I left mine at home today, so the addition of pics (what few of them I managed taking) will have to wait. :(

Anyhow, onto...

DAY SEVEN: Sunday, August 28

*Sigh* The final day of the Meet proper. *Sniff* This was probably the highlight of the whole trip, IMO, mainly because of the unexpected success of the day. We arrived at Exxxotica (right next to Hempcon, California's medical marijuana expo) in the early afternoon. With Jessica Drake's Wicked RealDoll in tow and a Teddy Babe Deluxe approximation of Jessica to present to the starlet herself, we made for the Wicked Pictures booth...to find that Jessica was out sick. Bugger. :( What at first seemed like a potentially wasted trip redeemed itself with the massive amount of attention the Jessica Drake Wicked RD generated. Everyone wanted to touch her, and once one person squeezed her breast, everyone squeezed her breasts.

I got to meet several of the Wicked girls, being Kaylani and Alektra--who both have Wicked RealDolls, which are owned by two staffers here--and Stormy Daniels. I helped film shout-outs to TDF and the proud owners of Alektra's and Kaylani's likenesses. I'm hoping to be the first to own a Stormy when her Wicked RD replica is put in production. Serial number one? Please?

As Midi and I were deleting old footage from his video camera, he looked up and saw none other than Ron Jeremy himself walking by. As Midi ran to greet Ron, I leaped up and began attempting to film the legend examining the Jessica Drake doll. It was pretty freaking epic having such a well known adult entertainer interact with us TDFers.

The capstone of our day at Exxxotica was watching RubberDoll's highly erotic stage show and a sultry photoshoot/film session with her and the Jessica Drake Wicked RealDoll, as can be seen in the pictures above.

Thus ended the last day of the TDF LA Meet. I had a blast and have been left with high hopes for next year, which I intend to help make bigger and better than this year's event. I hope many of you can make it next year. Hopefully we'll be in an location more accessible than LA, but close enough to the manufacturers (and a beach, dammit!), as well as more opportunities for photoshoots.

Well, that's all for now. I'll post pictures later. Thanks for reading, everyone! :mrgreen:

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

This RuberDoll is just...
Attachments
normal_TDF_LA_Meet_2011_MIDIMAN-133.jpg
normal_TDF_LA_Meet_2011_MIDIMAN-133.jpg (93.04 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
2vm9euq2.gif
2vm9euq2.gif (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1782 times

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

midiman wrote: jd had a relapse of her illness brought on from what she thinks was the drinking water not boiled long enough in Africa when she visited in June. She NEVER misses a show, but stayed home sick on the Saturday and was in hospital on Sunday when we showed up.
Oh no! In the hospital! :o I do hope she fully recovers and finds out the illness's causation.

Midiman, I like the way Bianca is dressed. :)

Guitar Boy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Guitar Boy »

Hey Guys,
Looks like you all had a super time!
I am basically unable to travel by air, so I am jealous. :fadein:
I have spoken to Matt McMullen on the telephone... and that was a trip,
but meeting him in person and touring his shop would be one incredible experience for me.
His work has impacted my life so strongly, I think I would hug him!
GB :)
Jenny Lynn...
My First and Most Precious Angel

Click on this photo to see all of my girls.
They are made for Love and to be Loved...
To Have and to Hold, to Love and to Cherish.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

blindwebster wrote: Thanks for the clarification on that. First I have heard of her, but certainly will not be the last. She is simply gorgeous.
She's apparently a latex fetish model.

Here is her site: http://www.rubberdoll.net/

But that's about enough of her for me. I'm into regular clothing on a person, not latex. :lol:

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

narcissus wrote:
blindwebster wrote: Thanks for the clarification on that. First I have heard of her, but certainly will not be the last. She is simply gorgeous.
She's apparently a latex fetish model.

Here is her site: http://www.rubberdoll.net/

But that's about enough of her for me. I'm into regular clothing on a person, not latex. :lol:
I really don't care what she wears. I just think she is an incredibly sexy woman.

INFORMATIONS