SexDollAmerica.com

Been a Member for Six Months...

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Guitar Boy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Been a Member for Six Months...

Post by Guitar Boy »

Hi!
As of tomorrow, August 16, 2011, I will have been a member of The Doll Forum and The Doll Album for six months.
It took me a long time to finally join but that is a common theme in my life. So far it has been an interesting journey...

I have interacted with some very fine and understanding people here, and I am enjoying it more than I had expected to.
TDF, for me, has become a daily routine. There are always interesting, informative and fun topics and posts to read and reply to.
Had I not joined, I may never have learned of (and ordered one!) PIB dolls. That right there is something amazing that I never expected.
My passion for my dolls has increased and I am enjoying them even more than before.
It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people with the same interest.
I still think that not being able to talk to friends and co-workers about something, that is such an important
part of my life, is the most difficult part of doll ownership. TDF takes away much of the frustration associated with that.
Thank you to the Owners, Managers, Administrators, Moderators, Members and everyone associated with TDF and TDA
for making this a warm and wonderful place to be. Thank you!
All the best,
GB :)
Jenny Lynn...
My First and Most Precious Angel

Click on this photo to see all of my girls.
They are made for Love and to be Loved...
To Have and to Hold, to Love and to Cherish.

cosycottage

Re: Been a Member for Six Months...

Post by cosycottage »

Guitar Boy wrote: It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people with the same interest.
You know, that really resonates with me: I think it's very true that there seems to be a higher state of emotional intelligence in this and other doll forums. I guess you need to be smart and able to think for yourself to own dollies. :wink:

There may be differences of opinion between forum members, but I think the common thread of doll ownership binds us together in a way that retards
out there --------->
aren't even capable of registering, let alone contemplate.

Why worry about others "getting it"? With all due respect, fuck 'em. There are plenty of us who do and share a common interest.

Anyway, pleased to meet your acquaintance, Guitar Boy :D
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

cosycottage wrote:
Guitar Boy wrote: It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people with the same interest.
You know, that really resonates with me: I think it's very true that there seems to be a higher state of emotional intelligence in this and other doll forums. I guess you need to be smart and able to think for yourself to own dollies. :wink:

There may be differences of opinion between forum members, but I think the common thread of doll ownership binds us together in a way that retards
out there --------->
aren't even capable of registering, let alone contemplate.

Why worry about others "getting it"? With all due respect, fuck 'em. There are plenty of us who do and share a common interest.

Anyway, pleased to meet your acquaintance, Guitar Boy :D

Bravo I couldn't have said it any better myself :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

It'll be four years for me in December. I got Dana within a month after I joined so I'd have more to talk about here.

I know more about my co-workers personal lives than I care to. I'll never get a card and a gift from them for being with a doll as opposed to marrying a RG and getting a baby out of her, but oh well. Discretion is the better part of valor.

TDF isn't always fun, but you're right to recognize the talent and brainpower represented here. Too many idiots elsewhere on the Internet these days.

Go for another six months. We'll let you. :glou:
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Congrats Guitarboy. Glad you have stuck around the nut house that long :P. Alot of people tend to lerk a while before actualy joining. So its ok. Percrastanators welcome.
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Happy 6 month anniversary my friend.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Coongratulations GB...here's to the next six months and more. :glou:

happiness
Ex-Member

Post by happiness »

:multi: Congratulations !!!!!!! And I couldn't agree more! :multi: :D :glou:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Congrats Guitar Boy!!

Before you know it, you'll be with us for several years! :D
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Guitar Boy wrote: It took me a long time to finally join but that is a common theme in my life. So far it has been an interesting journey...

I have interacted with some very fine and understanding people here, and I am enjoying it more than I had expected to.
TDF, for me, has become a daily routine. There are always interesting, informative and fun topics and posts to read and reply to.
[...]
My passion for my dolls has increased and I am enjoying them even more than before.
It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people with the same interest.
I still think that not being able to talk to friends and co-workers about something, that is such an important
part of my life, is the most difficult part of doll ownership. TDF takes away much of the frustration associated with that.
Right on!

And thank you for your contributions and PHOTOS! Like this one for example:
normal_197_197_(600x800).jpg
normal_197_197_(600x800).jpg (67.78 KiB) Viewed 2726 times

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi Guitar Boy,
congrats on your semi-annual anniversary! I am glad that you joined! Thanks for your friendly, well thought and often heartwarming posts (not to mention the pictures). :angel:

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Guitar Boy wrote: It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people........Image - Who? Us?

I half-baked you half of a cake to celebrate; you get the remainder in 6 months (it's in the freezer).
Congrats, GB!

cosycottage wrote:You know, that really resonates with me: I think it's very true that there seems to be a higher state of emotional intelligence in this and other doll forums. I guess you need to be smart and able to think for yourself to own dollies.
You need to have an active imagination to enjoy dolls, and imagination and intellect are siblings.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Guitar Boy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Guitar Boy »

Netwit wrote:Guitar Boy wrote: It is a pleasure to be able to discuss these subjects with intelligent people........Image - Who? Us?
I half-baked you half of a cake to celebrate; you get the remainder in 6 months (it's in the freezer).
Congrats, GB!
cosycottage wrote:You know, that really resonates with me: I think it's very true that there seems to be a higher state of emotional intelligence in this and other doll forums. I guess you need to be smart and able to think for yourself to own dollies.
You need to have an active imagination to enjoy dolls, and imagination and intellect are siblings.
Thank you Netwit!
You are quite the character.
I will be getting the other half of that cake!
How did you know that I'm also a big 3 Stooges fan?
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
GB :)
Jenny Lynn...
My First and Most Precious Angel

Click on this photo to see all of my girls.
They are made for Love and to be Loved...
To Have and to Hold, to Love and to Cherish.

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

Happy six month anniversary, Guitar Boy! :mrgreen:

I just realized that today marks my seven month anniversary, on the button, so we joined up exactly a month apart. I can't believe I missed my six month anniversary... :? At least I won't forget my six month anniversary of owning my first solid doll... But enough about me... :P This is YOUR topic!

I'm so happy that you enjoy it here, GB. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and appreciate the support you've given me in my topics over time.
Guitar Boy wrote:I still think that not being able to talk to friends and co-workers about something, that is such an important
I can totally echo these sentiments, GB, as I feel the same way. I'm lucky in that my parents are very understanding and accomodating of my dolls and that at least one of my non-TDF friends knows about them, has seen them, and is supportive of me owing them. I hope you can find at least one person in your analog (as opposed to digital) life that you can share your interest in dolls with. It will happen eventually, I'm sure. There are a lot of surprisingly open-minded people out there.

Anyhow, congratulations on six months of membership! ¡Salud! :glou:
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Congratulations and I'm glad you have joined.
Your posts have been very interesting and your pictures fabulous.
This is my only place to talk about dolls as well.
Someday, I hope that I will have enough guts to me everyone
in person at a doll meet. Hope to see you there (perhaps) too.

Cheers,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

INFORMATIONS