SexDollAmerica.com

1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by TJ347 »

Please note that the entry period for the 1st Annual Christmas Giveaway will begin on October 1, 2011. However, the rules for entrant eligibility have been decided and are as follows:

1. Entrants must be valid members of TDF (i.e. 18 years of age or older).

2. Entrants must have a membership date of January 1, 2011 or earlier.

3. Entrants must have at least 50 total posts as of today (June 27, 2011). **UPDATED**

4. Entrants must have posted within the last 60 days as of yesterday's date.

5. Entrants cannot currently own a solid doll of any kind. **UPDATED**

6. Entrants cannot be or have ever been members of TDF staff, or members of the staff of any other doll-oriented forum.

7. Entrants cannot be employed by any current or former manufacturer in any capacity whatsoever.

8. Entrants cannot submit more than one entry under any circumstances.

9. Entrants cannot reside in a region where delivery of a sex doll is known to be extremely difficult, if not nearly impossible.

10. Previous contest winners are ineligible for subsequent contests (this not being an issue presently, as this is the inaugural contest).

In addition to being immediately disqualified if any of the above terms are violated, entrants will be disqualified if:

1. A review of their recent posting history shows an inordinate amount of sudden deletions, as this may indicate efforts to hide ineligibility for this contest.

2. Evidence is presented at any point that they have contacted a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest in an attempt to secure their vote, dissuade said party from voting for another entrant, or otherwise influence the process.

3. There is discovered to be a relationship between an entrant and a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest sufficient to meet the definition of other parties involved in the selection process as a conflict of interest.

4. The entrant is deemed as having disrespected the spirit of the contest at any time.

5. A party involved in selecting a winner for this contest objects to an entry for another reason I deem valid.

The entry period will begin on October 1, 2011 and will end on October 14, 2011. All entrants will be required to submit an essay, the nature of which will be announced closer to the start date of the contest so as not to have potential entrants begin submitting essays at this time. Accordingly, please do not PM me as to why you believe you should win this contest. I can assure you that this is not what the topic of the essay will be, and such a PM would be evidence that you have contacted a party involved with selecting a winner for this contest in an attempt to influence his vote, and thus be cause for immediate disqualification. While you may nonetheless choose to post in that regard, doing so would be a complete waste of your time.

EDIT: Verified winning prize details to be confirmed and posted. Any costs exceeding the dollar amount of the prize will be your sole responsibility, as will any taxes you may be required to pay in your jurisdiction. I have spent nearly an hour this morning talking to a family friend who also happens to be an attorney, and there may or may not be tax implications depending on where the prize is shipped and several other factors I cannot control, though this appears to be a problem one would face only if the prize was delivered to certain parts of the United States. So, if the taxman cometh, he will cometh for you alone. Be sure to have sufficient funds to pay any taxes that may be due, should you win.

So, that's it for now and I will provide final instructions as we get closer to the start of the contest. I am very excited about this contest, and hope that everyone who is eligible to participate will. I'm sure it will go some way toward helping to grow our community, and hopefully the number of participating members we have here going forward. Thank you all for your time!

:multi: :multi: :glou: :multi: :multi:
This message brought to you with limited commercial interruption by TJ347

moomoo1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: 1st Annual TDF Memorial Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by moomoo1 »

Well it's a pretty extraordinary act of generosity you're doing there TJ347, I certainly hope it further provokes more amity and good will in this place. Plus at $8500 there should be hardly any dolls that would be off the winner's list!

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

This sounds like an extraordinary contest! This sounds like a great way for the non-doll owning members of TDF to try their hand at winning a doll. It's unfortunate that, a.) I joined after the registration date, and b.) have dolls already, as I'd enter in a heartbeat. As an aspiring author, an essay is right up my alley. But...alas, I don't qualify. *Shrug*

This is such an amazing chance for people who may not have been able to afford a doll until now. I'm excited to see how this turns out and who wins.

This is so cool!

:multi: :multi: :multi:
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Good way for someone who can't aford a decent doll to have one. Great idea.
Its not nice to mess with a BDSM Mistress
Coverdoll Journalist: http://www.coverdoll.com
Global moderater: http://www.dollchronicles.ca
Attended LA and Vegas meets 2011!

siliconemonger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by siliconemonger »

I applaud the generosity , and I understand "your contest , your prize , your rules" but the point of the restrictions confound me. So you want someone that has been fervently posting for over 6 months , has no experience with solid dolls , and therefore can't post much other than their desire for a solid doll or appreciation of others dolls. Basically it's the "Let's give our Inflatable Doll members a shot at a solid doll Contest" ???

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

siliconemonger wrote:...Basically it's the "Let's give our Inflatable Doll members a shot at a solid doll Contest" ???
I was going to mention this point, but refrained. According to the restrictions, "no dolls of any sort" would indicate that even inflatable doll owners are disqualified. I didn't want to kick the hornets nest, but since it's been mentioned...

Edit:
Ah, never mind. I either misread the original post or it was edited. I see.

I think the terms are fair, personally. The only thing I had a 'problem' with was the fact that the original wording (at least, what I thought was the original wording... :? I could just be going further insane) stated that anyone who owned any doll would not qualify. But, that's since been fixed.
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

I can only really repeat what I said previously, on the other thread relating to this topic...

A great gesture TJ347. It's so good to read such an act of kindness and generosity on a forum, on this sort of scale. I'm sure that Wetsuit would be very immensely proud indeed. Thanks, for this wonderful profound act of kindness. :D

Maybe I should add, something very basically Vanessa said that I agree with. I hope this offer is respected and the very lucky recipient in no way abuses your faith and kindness.

Thanks again TJ. :)

TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TJ347 »

siliconemonger wrote:I applaud the generosity , and I understand "your contest , your prize , your rules" but the point of the restrictions confound me. So you want someone that has been fervently posting for over 6 months , has no experience with solid dolls , and therefore can't post much other than their desire for a solid doll or appreciation of others dolls. Basically it's the "Let's give our Inflatable Doll members a shot at a solid doll Contest" ???
Firstly, I should hardly think the posting average I settled on could be classified as "fervent" posting, and as to the rest of what you've said would add that I managed to post here sufficiently to meet the entry requirements for quite some time before I ever owned a doll, as have many others. This should, if anything, be seen as a "let's give our members who do not own a high end doll and are unlikely to be able to afford one anytime soon if left to their own devices a shot at one contest", but if anyone sees it differently, that's fine by me. I knew from the start I would get grief about this, and this is a polite harbinger of what I know is coming. Just wait until a winner is selected. The complaints will be monumental.

I modified the "cannot own a doll of any kind" bit in light of the quality of low end inflatables, which cannot compare to a high end silicone doll. I didn't think it fair to exclude someone who might own a $59.95 blow-up doll from the contest; perhaps if someone else was financing this thing they'd feel differently. That said, anyone and everyone else certainly is free to create whatever rules they feel are appropriate for their own giveaway. If anyone does choose to do so, and not to sound at all disrespectful, I for one will avoid criticizing whatever qualifications they decide upon, understanding as you've said that it's "their contest, their rules" and more importantly, their money.

siliconemonger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by siliconemonger »

Fair enough , I think my main contention with the contest is it's retroactive nature. Anyone new is ruled out automatically because they haven't been on here for 6 months. And I get that you want to reward contributing members of the forum , and avoid people posting like crazy from this point on just to win the contest. I'm disqualified anyway , I don't currently own a doll, but have paid for one that is on the way, perhaps that should be clarified in the rules as well. Also If the winner wants to purchase more than one doll with the $8,500 , would you allow that?

Chiiguy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chiiguy »

TJ347 - Awesome job and I thank you for your generosity. I would have been delirious with joy when I first started if this offer was available. Your rules make perfect sense to me and I have no complaints. What a wonderful memorial to Wetsuit!
<br />Anything that is made
by man starts as a dream before becoming reality.<br /><br />

TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TJ347 »

siliconemonger wrote:Fair enough , I think my main contention with the contest is it's retroactive nature. Anyone new is ruled out automatically because they haven't been on here for 6 months. And I get that you want to reward contributing members of the forum , and avoid people posting like crazy from this point on just to win the contest. I'm disqualified anyway , I don't currently own a doll, but have paid for one that is on the way, perhaps that should be clarified in the rules as well. Also If the winner wants to purchase more than one doll with the $8,500 , would you allow that?
Honestly, I think the six month membership thing will only be seen as an issue to some people who don't meet it; certainly if I were on the outside looking in though, I would feel the same way you do. That said, this wouldn't be an issue for any of those people if this was next year's contest, which barring a major debacle this go-round, will happen. I guess I would say this makes next year's contest something folks can look forward too, provided they don't buy a doll in the meantime.

As to someone with a doll on the way, they would be ineligible, and to clarify, the winner can only choose one doll regardless of whether it costs $700 or $7,000.

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

TJ347 wrote:
siliconemonger wrote:I applaud the generosity , and I understand "your contest , your prize , your rules" but the point of the restrictions confound me. So you want someone that has been fervently posting for over 6 months , has no experience with solid dolls , and therefore can't post much other than their desire for a solid doll or appreciation of others dolls. Basically it's the "Let's give our Inflatable Doll members a shot at a solid doll Contest" ???
Firstly, I should hardly think the posting average I settled on could be classified as "fervent" posting, and as to the rest of what you've said would add that I managed to post here sufficiently to meet the entry requirements for quite some time before I ever owned a doll, as have many others. This should, if anything, be seen as a "let's give our members who do not own a high end doll and are unlikely to be able to afford one anytime soon if left to their own devices a shot at one contest", but if anyone sees it differently, that's fine by me. I knew from the start I would get grief about this, and this is a polite harbinger of what I know is coming. Just wait until a winner is selected. The complaints will be monumental.

I modified the "cannot own a doll of any kind" bit in light of the quality of low end inflatables, which cannot compare to a high end silicone doll. I didn't think it fair to exclude someone who might own a $59.95 blow-up doll from the contest; perhaps if someone else was financing this thing they'd feel differently. That said, anyone and everyone else certainly is free to create whatever rules they feel are appropriate for their own giveaway. If anyone does choose to do so, and not to sound at all disrespectful, I for one will avoid criticizing whatever qualifications they decide upon, understanding as you've said that it's "their contest, their rules" and more importantly, their money.

Totally agree to your rules, I think the shipping limitations wouldn't be an issue in my particular case, no doll has been shipped to Colombia before but that is because dolls are a new trend here, knowing about high end dolls here requires some previous knowledge, that previous knowledge has to be with the access people here has to internet and with the language thing. as U can see, no manufacturer or doll-dealer has a site in Spanish and not so many Colombians speak or even read any other language. As a teacher I've investigated about how many people here uses internet, the discovery I've made is that just less than 5% of the local population with college education knows to surf the web, may be the rest of them know how to chat via Facebook but Facebook is not the whole web.
I 've checked the local laws about importing from USA and there's no ban at all on dolls, there are some taxes due but I think my funds allow me to cover those taxes, dollie worth them and besides that such taxes are not so high.

We are not a fundamentalist country, Colombia is a very neo-liberal environment, it means that everyone can do whatever he/she wants as long it doesn't harm any one in any way and as long as he/she has the money to afford it.

There will be no problem here since it's just one doll, might be there would be problem if many dolls were to be shipped at once without a commercial license, but as far as I've read the instructions the giveaway involves just one doll,

Thanks again, just my humble two cents on the topic.
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

Well, since this seems to be the contest thread I'd like to be correct: I'd go for a Kaylani Lei WRD, she's not so tall (I'm sort of a midget so I couldn't deal with a taller doll) and from what I've read from the manufacturers' page and from other members here at the forum, Kaylani seems to be light weight ( I'm not the strong, athletic kind but I can properly lift Kaylani doll weight). Exeeding costs such as taxes won't be a problem, although my funds don't allow me to buy a dollie they would suffice to cover tax expenses; as I've researched here, the taxes won't be so high.

Besides lack of knowledge here about the rest of the world, there will be no problem at all in shipping one doll to Bogotá (capital city). There are no restrictive laws here aboout toys whether if those toys are kids' or adult ones (the only restrictive law about toys is its price :P , if it's too expensive and one's funds are not so much then one can't get to the toy) Colombia is not so religious country, the only modern religion ruling here is purse religion, money rules as it seems to happen along all America, from Argentina to Alaska I guess.

Just waiting for the conditions about the essay ;) as one could see I like to write
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

Fuzzy78
Former Member

Post by Fuzzy78 »

sounds interesting sounds like its worth taking part, i think i am right in saying i may partake :)?

btw i think 6month is a goosd thing for many these forums and the entier doll thing can be short-lived so i think its a good idea, btw thanks for the event sounds fun

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Well, That is an amazing form of generosity and a beautiful way to say thanks to the lucky person who has been a loyal member of TDF.

For a doll entusiast its the best gift, I wish I was qualify to it, :whistle: :whistle: but naaah, I will be an ambitious person (in the bad way) I have my first doll 2 months ago, I know its been a "via crusis" (look for stations of the cross in religion) to get a decent doll and don't die in the attempt, same as in Colombia, there is no traces of silicone doll owners and sellers, import Estrella cost me a lot but having her is a true blessing.

So I hope the lucky guy or girl would be a person who really respect and care dolls. better if the doll goes to a non doll country, I know some of you guys will pay for taxes and all the necessary to get the doll of your dreams.

Good Luck

Mexdl

INFORMATIONS