SexDollAmerica.com

1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
MiniWolf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by MiniWolf »

I'm new around here and didn't get a chance to know Wetswit.
He must have be one hell of a great guy to have inspired his friends to do something like this in memory of him.
I wish all of you running the Giveaway and competing in it the best of luck.
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
-Stephen Hawking-

"When I look back at my life the only things I really regret are the chances I didn't take"
-MiniWolf-

phreak68
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by phreak68 »

Doh, due to job and rg ive been outta the loop for a long time. I believe I am out of contention.

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

:cry: Frowns from me too..
Been wanting a silicone doll for years but simply cant afford one..
And then this comes around.. I thought it was a joke for a min..
And after reading it I was surprised that there are people still in this world
that still do good things for others less fortunate..
I would very much love to put my name into this pot and hope for the best
but yeah im also out of the limits as well..
Two months late joining the forum..

Well all I can say is that I sure hope who ever gets the doll is someone that
simply cant afford one and would take great care of her as the dolls should be ..

Good luck to everyone that joins and thank you for such a great act of kindness there
isnt many people I know that would care this much to offer such a thing to someone.

PaintChip
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by PaintChip »

i just hope the winner isn't someone who already has a doll and lied to get another one the winner should be someone who needs another person in their life but can not get a living person for one reason or another.

sorry if i messed anything up I'm kind of drunk for reasons that i will explain in another topic just because i don't want to take away from the amazing thing that this person is doing.

TheOne
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheOne »

I'm curious whether you'd consider posting the guidelines for the essays earlier than currently planned, simply because I'd like to spend as much time as possible working on mine.

TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TJ347 »

I've been quietly working on getting everything together, and will get all information to everyone as soon as possible.
This message brought to you with limited commercial interruption by TJ347

dscorpion

Post by dscorpion »

You got my hopes up because you initially stated the contest would commence in October and now I see that you also added the requirement of being a member since on or before 1/1/11. I guess you just blew me right out of the water since it tool a while to actually get my membership in and approved.

dscorpion :plaidskirt: :plaidskirt: :deadhorse:

ctalon

Post by ctalon »

Wow that is incredible!!! Good luck to whoever is the lucky winner!

Very generous!

-ctal-

TheOne
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheOne »

TJ347 wrote:I've been quietly working on getting everything together, and will get all information to everyone as soon as possible.
Understood, consider this my official statement of intent to submit an essay, hehe. :mrgreen:

SteelWings

Post by SteelWings »

These Essays should be an interesting thing to read :3

Fuzzy78
Former Member

Post by Fuzzy78 »

tj just to clarify if you have a tb can one enter (imho tb's and rssd's are quite far off from high end dolls) ?

TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TJ347 »

Corporeal wrote:tj just to clarify if you have a tb can one enter (imho tb's and rssd's are quite far off from high end dolls) ?
Well, since my last post on this subject, some major changes have been made all around.

May as well start with the biggest change right from the start... Instead of one person winning a doll of their choice, eight people will win $1,000 to be put toward the doll of their choice and will have one year to use those funds. Participants cannot own a doll with a retail price exceeding $500, but there is now no restriction as to the date a member joined the forum. After conferring with TDF management, this was agreed to be the best way to reward the most people, while also keeping participants in the contest honest. The last thing I want to do is give a doll to someone who has the means to buy one, but enters this contest simply to "play the odds". I know some people won't like these changes, but the fact is that these aren't the type of folks I ever wanted to participate in the contest anyway regardless of what the prize was.

In any case, I'll post the final entry information in the next few weeks, but there's still plenty of time so I'll leave it at that for now while I continue working out certain other details.

:glou:
This message brought to you with limited commercial interruption by TJ347

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

:roll: !!

Sounds like a good idea at first, because there is now the chance of much more people "winning" and then have a chance to buy a doll. So in the end, that should mean more dolls out there, if you do it this way. Also, it significantly reduces the risk of people doing fraud, or at least, it would mean evil people not getting all if they win.

However, the price is for poor people not able to afford the doll of their dreams. The timely limit of being able to use the fund sounds fair enough, but maybe it isn't. If someone really has no money, so be a real "admirer" of dolls, so to say... and the doll he wants would be a Realdoll... then say he has a chance to use $1000 but will still never be able to collect the rest needed, in just a year of time. So would that mean this idea is still not perfect, or would it mean in this case, the winner had to settle down with a doll in the price range of what he won ?

(just to clarify, I may be "management" but didn't hear anything about this)

dscorpion

Post by dscorpion »

This was my thought exactly, but I didn’t want to say that. I am glad to here that at least one of the administrators feels this way as well. I am one of those that would have a difficult time saving the remainder of the funds needed to acquire my “Dream Doll”.

dscorpion :plaidskirt: :plaidskirt:

Vanessa wrote::roll: !!

Sounds like a good idea at first, because there is now the chance of much more people "winning" and then have a chance to buy a doll. So in the end, that should mean more dolls out there, if you do it this way. Also, it significantly reduces the risk of people doing fraud, or at least, it would mean evil people not getting all if they win.

However, the price is for poor people not able to afford the doll of their dreams. The timely limit of being able to use the fund sounds fair enough, but maybe it isn't. If someone really has no money, so be a real "admirer" of dolls, so to say... and the doll he wants would be a Realdoll... then say he has a chance to use $1000 but will still never be able to collect the rest needed, in just a year of time. So would that mean this idea is still not perfect, or would it mean in this case, the winner had to settle down with a doll in the price range of what he won ?

(just to clarify, I may be "management" but didn't hear anything about this)

dscorpion

Post by dscorpion »

Thinking about this. It is the same way that the 50/50 drawings went several years ago within many of the organizations that I belonged to. It used to be that 50/50 meant that somebody got 50% of what was taken in and the house/club got the other 50%. Now to keep people happy the 50% is split up amongst several participants.

dscorpion :plaidskirt: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :plaidskirt:

INFORMATIONS