SexDollAmerica.com

Retirement is good.

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Retirement is good.

Post by Bill »

I have been retired from the workforce for ten years now and I have to say that retirement is very good. I still awake every morning at 6 AM and chuckle in the fact that I don't have to do shit.....well, I have to pay taxes. The Doll Forum was created shortly after I retired so folks like me could share in doll ownership but the growth and responsibility is more like work now so it is time for me to retire from my position as owner/manager of TDF.
TDF's tremendous growth from a mere concept in 2001 to over 30,000 registered members today has resulted in time and demands that I can no longer afford to give, even with the help of many volunteers from the general membership . In an effort to spend more time with family, I decided to step down as owner of TDF. To this effect, I have been negotiating with our sister site, CoverDoll to take on the task. This has been a lengthy process with much planning involved.

The merger with CoverDoll offers many new features and benefits to members. I believe that TDF will continue to be a consumer based forum with the members' interest at heart.

I am remaining on staff and look forward to many more good times at TDF now and in the future.

The buck doesn't stop here after today.

Bill

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Bill, congratulations on your return to a well-deserved retirement - and thank you for bringing us all the place called "The Doll Forum". Bet it's been a heck of a ride!

~Bruce
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

This is a development where I still have to cope with getting used to it, because I've never known this forum other than you being the boss, the boss who once asked me to be matrix admin... Somehow I feel like for me you'll always be the boss.

However, as you say, retirement is good, I can imagine that. But just like with work, you don't retire from life, and if you retire from number one position, you don't retire from the forum. That's a good thing to know. You're still one of the founders of this forum, and that, nobody can ever take away from you. This is your home and you gave the world a place where to share fun about dolls. As a doll, you will always stay in my heart.

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Congratulations, Bill!

Your work and effort to make this place the forum that we all know and love is much appreciated.

From scratch you've built this into the premier adult doll website.

Well done.

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Congratulations Bill,

Seeing how happy you seem to be now, I think I should set my sights on retirement :)

So glad to see you staying on board and keeping your feet wet :)

You have made Doll history. It is not many who can start with a concept and years later still be going strong with it's implementation. I am sure that TDF has affected the lives of many people in positive ways. Not a bad legacy for a 'good ole boy'.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Congrats Bill,
It is hard to find the right words to convey the impact you've made on me, and everyone in the doll community. I think this song says it the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsocZrEcp0Y

With sincerest respects

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Bill....Thank You for what you have done for us over the years. All of us have come to admire your even-handedness, wit, and humor.
I think I speak for everyone, when I say that I'm glad that you are not going to simply go away.

NOW, can I ask again......will you join us in chat from time to time :?: :?:

Best Regards.....midnight 8)
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

I want to thank-you Bill for starting and running this forum...I have gained so much on so many levels here.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

litlluvr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by litlluvr »

Hey Bill...

I can understand that after spending so much of your
time making this forum work and also making sure that
this community that you and Jerry have created doesn't
go into dissarray, That you would now like to step back
and just blend in with the rest of the members here and
to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labors after all you
have done... THANK YOU!!!!! :)

You take care!! litlluvr, Yoshe, And comming soon... Amiko.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Bill, you deserve to sit back and just enjoy the community now my friend. :D

I’m sure everyone would agree that you have given your all to make this place what it now is, and I thank you for all your hard work. :thumbs_up:

It only seems like yesterday when we used to chat and exchange ideas on the old RDOL. :lol:

We all look forward to your continuing support and guidance in the future.

Your friend, :D

Kharn
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Yes I knew about RealDolls, but without this site I wouldn't have Zara.
For that I have you to thank.

I'm glad you will still be around. :)
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

Thanks for getting the TDF ball rollin' for all of us, those years ago.

I'm far from retiring myself, but I feel that I'll be kind of like you, in the sense that I won't be able to spend all of that time sitting around doing nothing. I have a feeling you'll start something else again soon enough. Just don't make a job of it, eh? :wink:

Thanks again, and enjoy the new retirement!

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

I'm sorry to see you stepping down Bill. I always found you to be as wise as Solomon in your decisions, I think you have set a benchmark that others might find difficult to match.

Well done for the forum and yes, things do come to an end and I'd like to thank you for the smooth handover and the fact that you're still part of the team to help and advise.
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

GB01
Former Member

Post by GB01 »

Bill, thanks for getting this forum started and for working so hard keeping it going for so long, it is much appreciated.

With out this forum i would not have got started with dolls.

Anyway you wont get to much retirement, not with all the dolls you have!! :D .

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

The forum which was once maintained by Bill and Jerry,

It did grow, growth was speeded up by Ishtaria moving it to something that was close to its present form.
It will exist in future I believe.
I started owning Helen due to this place.
I more or less had to take over TDF when Ishtaria passed.
A lot dollmanufacturers booted from it, when I ran it, e.g. Ruby13, Lovable Dolls and PIB.
Lets hope the best for the future.
Bill good luck with your retirement from TDF.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

INFORMATIONS