SexDollAmerica.com

To the Members of TDF

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
brotha-d

Re: To the Members of TDF

Post by brotha-d »

LOL nothing like zombie threads for a good laugh. Btw, I'm unaware of any drama that goes on here. I just chat in the topics I like to chat in. But is this forum like they say on the Mechadoll website? That most if not all doll forums are owned by a doll manufacturer who uses the forum for marketing?

From my time here I'd guess that's not the case, that this forum is owned by a non-doll mfg who generates revenues from various sources such as ads from the doll mfg's, toydemon, etc.

Just curious

clayV

Post by clayV »

NotMyName wrote:Hmm...might be a good idea to look at the dates before replying to a thread. This one is from three years ago, when Bill sold TDF to Carl and Dave.
Post on any thread ya feel like is more like it. Who is Bill, Carl, Dave :wink:
skybird100000 wrote:I am against censorship in a democracy, any sencorship, but this forum aint a democracy and money rules the world for the time being.
I guess we will find out soon enough about the changes. I consider myself neutral in the matter anyway.
The changes happened 2 and a half years ago and if anyone could read that far back they would see a very different forum than the one that is here today.
I saw happy members who were very enthusiastic about their hobby here..... and now they are gone :(
Stacy was one of those people, she was a mentor who went out of her way to help anyone and an example of what is good in all people. Same was to be said for members such as CJD and Mahtek and many others. I don't think management would have anything bad to say about them at all. But where are they now? LOL

Carl and Dave
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Carl and Dave »

clayV wrote:The changes happened 2 and a half years ago and if anyone could read that far back they would see a very different forum than the one that is here today.
Thanks, ClavV. When we first took the reigns of TDF it was pretty much being run under a two tier system. Some staff were breaking the very rules they were supposed to be enforcing ...while enforcing them...ie. name calling and insulting the violator.

Membership had become so unhappy that the then staff implemented a policy that provided a mandatory 30 day ban on any member who spoke out against management. How can a forum possibly thrive if the members have no ability to communicate their likes and dislikes with each other as a collective group?

Nothing will run itself, and like it or not, rules and order are much preferred in society to Anarchy. It is easy to say one does not believe in censorship, but is preventing someone from defaming and libeling someone else censorship? We think not.

Our mandate with TDF was to give the members a stronger voice in the goings on. We have been listening to the members concerns and polling the members for their input.

EVERYONE is accountable under TDF rules...including staff. Staff has been more than doubled from what was once a small clique of friends to a large cross sampling of forum members and doll owners.

TDF is taking the precautionary approach when it comes to young looking dolls so as not to have our community labeled as pedophiles.

TDF has adopted 'rules of evidence'. Member can pretty much say what they like...however, IF they are making damaging accusations against other members or doll makers, they must back those up with evidence or they will be removed.

TDF also implemented rules regarding sales posts to help insure that they are legitimate.

If you check out the rules, you will see they are mostly common sense. However, there are always those who will press it to the limit, and if there were no laws, they would murder and steal and rape and plunder.

The rules are in place at TDF to protect the good people from the bad people...not to muzzle valid discussion or negative experience with a specific brand of doll.

However, if there are those who refuse to play fair, then they will not be welcome at TDF...and that includes manufacturers.

TDF management is proud to be on good terms with many of the manufacturers...many of which help to pay our high server costs by placing ads.

If TDF were under the control of a specific manufacturer, you would not likely be seeing so many others here. This is just a rumor that was spread by some of the disgruntled TDF staff who ran away crying when we told them they had to share their sand box with the other kids ;)

TDF is now pretty much running without the need of owner input. It is run by a very dedicated team of volunteers who are here because they love dolls. The forum is no longer losing money and should be here to service the community for many years to come without the need for member pay.

TDF is essentially more a member run community now than it ever has been ;)

And its good to see an old discussion like this surface once in a while as it reminds us of how far we've come ... or not ;)

clayV

Post by clayV »

brotha-d wrote:That most if not all doll forums are owned by a doll manufacturer who uses the forum for marketing?
Well if you see ads all over the place in a forum then most likely it is utilizing advertising as a means of sustaining it's existence or making a profit. That is business 101 on the net. If you see a forum with no ads it is either dead or it is a forum where the members are fully dedicated to sustaining the forum independently. Anyway, forums are what would be a dinosaur in today's era of social networking.

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

Thanks for the info. I'm a n00b compared to lots of people here but I like the way this forum is ran. It's paid off too - I've purchased from PIB, BoyToy and ToyDemon. MechaDoll is next on my list (if they turn legit) and I always had an eye on Ruby13.

So thanks to all the volunteers who make this place possible, enforce the rules, and keep the place tidy and respectable. I would go no where else to research dolls and discuss topics of interest.

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Aaargh well as said I was on Mars :) :whistle:

Pwew no new rules so I dont have to read a thing :twisted:

Tutan68
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tutan68 »

Nice words from Carl and Dave . thinking bout these rules.. maybe go chekking them out...but then I got stuck STARING at all of these wonderful beautiful memberdolls.... =)
Tutan68

INFORMATIONS