SexDollAmerica.com

Hot weather warning for Dolls!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
master8
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Hot weather warning for Dolls!

Post by master8 »

In conclusion....hot weather sucks ass! Too bad all we get where I live is hot weather or cold weather. I do prefer the cold myself.....

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

@master8
Same here, we get super cold winter, super wet spring, rains for weeks. then summer is hot as hell full of mosquitos that swarm around you like a black cloud of death. The only good time is fall but it's depressing being you know you are going to be freezing you ass off soon and the whole cycle starts over again.

pitspoes

Post by pitspoes »

Nescio50 wrote:In The Netherlands a 75 years old weather record was broken, today it was 39.3 C :onfire:

My silicone dolls don't mind, they just wonder why I'm sweating, they easily withstand 100 C and more 8)
In the first part of this month there was frost (-1.6 gr)

Dutch weather: :multi:
There has never been a juli as hot :onfire: or as cold :eating: as this juli !
(recorded that is...)

I think today will set a new heat-record.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

The weather here in the UK has been equally bonkers this past month. Just a few weeks back we had single digit temperatures at night and today we are set to break records with a possible 39c!

V3n0m777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by V3n0m777 »

What is the perfect temperature range for tpe doll ?

Seth UK

Post by Seth UK »

Thanks for the advice Arthur. I had no idea the heat could pose a threat to TPE. I just moved her out of bed onto her chair so she can keep me company in the living room. Now considering putting her back on the bed into a lying on her back position to avoid stress. Both my bedroom and living room face east. East wall of living room is 75% double glazed so its like a green house.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

V3n0m777 wrote:What is the perfect temperature range for tpe doll ?
Hi, there is a member that did some research into this by placing some tpe in a freezer to see how it coped and as far as I can recall it was ok? Certainly I would say that it makes sense to take precautions when the thermometer starts to rise above 30c and as Anung said in his post, it's a good idea to ensure your gal is in a neutral position, preferably standing, so that her tpe isn't stressed. From my experience I would say that in very warm temperatures, so 35c and above then some tpe formulations can lose some of their oil and if the tpe is also stressed then it's likely to separate and you see these little tears begin to form. I've been going around smearing a little vaseline on arm pits and elbows and straightening all limbs etc. To go back to your original question, again my take on it would be that this isn't such an issue with temperatures below 30c and I've noticed during the winter months my gals seem happy enough with no tackiness. This is always a tricky thing to nail down due to variable environmental factors, how you use your doll and, of course, tpe formulations.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi Seth UK, yeah I thought I would start a thread on this after my experience during last year's heatwave. It's hard to give blanket advice as there are so many variables and even on the same doll you can find that all her tpe is fine aside from an odd little area where something has caused the tpe to separate a little. For me last year it was a couple of gals and elbows and knees and they were both older models and newer dolls may not be so susceptible, still it can't hurt to be cautious during this abnormally hot spell!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Today another formal weather record here in The Netherlands, 40.7C. Also where I live it was 40+ degrees C. Inside my house it reached 29C. Pffffff....

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Well here in Suffolk we weren't far behind you Nes!
Attachments
Highest temp I've recorded in my back garden!
Highest temp I've recorded in my back garden!
IMG_20190725_161446_238.jpg (496.38 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Post by Lynne »

Mr Franz wrote:
Nescio50 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:Had 17 consecutive days with outside air temps in the high 90's here!
8O 8O ---hey, this European heat wave is a Celsius heat wave :evidence:
Ok 17 consecutive days of 35C + then. Hot is Hot C or F.... 8)
As a physicist, I'll have to insist that the Kelvin scale is used. It was 310 here today 8O

Good advice on the thread for our human partners though. Don't forget that it's beneficial that we wear as little as possible too :wink:
Lyngheiður Tórsdóttir - part Viking Warrior, part English rose.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy (and Willy Wonka!)

Have a look at my Doll Album! Also I'm now on Instagram!

V3n0m777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by V3n0m777 »

Arthur1960 wrote:
V3n0m777 wrote:What is the perfect temperature range for tpe doll ?
Hi, there is a member that did some research into this by placing some tpe in a freezer to see how it coped and as far as I can recall it was ok? Certainly I would say that it makes sense to take precautions when the thermometer starts to rise above 30c and as Anung said in his post, it's a good idea to ensure your gal is in a neutral position, preferably standing, so that her tpe isn't stressed. From my experience I would say that in very warm temperatures, so 35c and above then some tpe formulations can lose some of their oil and if the tpe is also stressed then it's likely to separate and you see these little tears begin to form. I've been going around smearing a little vaseline on arm pits and elbows and straightening all limbs etc. To go back to your original question, again my take on it would be that this isn't such an issue with temperatures below 30c and I've noticed during the winter months my gals seem happy enough with no tackiness. This is always a tricky thing to nail down due to variable environmental factors, how you use your doll and, of course, tpe formulations.
Thank you for the answer i really appreciate it. Im kinda a noobie right now I will receive my girl in a few week i try to collect the much information as i can.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Lynne wrote: As a physicist, I'll have to insist that the Kelvin scale is used. It was 310 here today
Good to know there are dolls with brains

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS