SexDollAmerica.com

Hot weather warning for Dolls!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Hot weather warning for Dolls!

Post by Arthur1960 »

Just a heads up, particularly for doll owners in Europe who are currently experiencing the heat wave that's certainly making itself felt here in the UK (37.2c in my garden right now). It's even more important in such hot conditions to ensure that your tpe gal is in a neutral position, in this heat separation of the material can occur if left unchecked, especially on elbows and knees. I discovered this myself during last year's heat wave so now double check all my gals! Such damage can usually be fixed with a hot air station but prevention is obviously better!

Unwritten
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hot weather warning for Dolls!

Post by Unwritten »

Living in Phoenix, AZ most people's heat wave is what I call a nice day during our summer, and Jae Eun took some damage last year as I wasn't as diligent as I should have been. This year I splurged on a nice portable A/C unit for our room, and they now enjoy the coolest room in the house. :)

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Lucky me that my bedroom is on the shadow side of my apartment and I can separate the warmer air inside the apartment with doors. Around 24c degrees (inside apartment) right now where it is "coldest".

Last summer was even worse though with all the forest fires here in Sweden. They had to come with fire-trucks all the way from Poland to help out. That is how bad it was.

Btw, does the increased heat mean that the oil would evaporate quicker from the TPE material?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

That's a good question curiousswede and I have always assumed that it does and so I pay more attention to my gals, especially the older ones, in fact I've got 2 gals due for an oiling in the coming week. Last year I noticed where I got some separation, mostly on elbows and knees, it was with gals overdue for some oil. I suspect that if you kept a tpe doll in a room that got no hotter than 20c and left her in a neutral position with no stress then she would probably be ok. I've seen several reports of dolls left in stressed positions for several weeks or even months that have suffered from separation of the material on the highest stressed area's, so to me, I'm guessing that's a combination of prolonged stress and a drying out of the tpe.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Thankyou :)

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

In The Netherlands a 75 years old weather record was broken, today it was 39.3 C :onfire:

My silicone dolls don't mind, they just wonder why I'm sweating, they easily withstand 100 C and more 8)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi Nes, we were not far behind you, today here in Suffolk it peaked at 37c in my back garden! Certainly the hottest day I can recall and it's set to be hotter tomorrow!

set track

Post by set track »

thank god for Teddy Babe's - look after your girl's guy's :)

ST & Lisa & Tina xxx
from the warmest UK

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Had 17 consecutive days with outside air temps in the high 90's here! Thank goodness for central air. Cool and cozy in our house! 8)

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Mr Franz wrote:Had 17 consecutive days with outside air temps in the high 90's here!
8O 8O ---hey, this European heat wave is a Celsius heat wave :evidence:

MsStrangeLove
Doll
Doll
Location: with LizA, Levke, AnnE, Nele, Kinko, Mamamba and nukeno in cyba's space

Post by MsStrangeLove »

Valuable notice Arthur. :thumbs_up:
This thread should be a "sticky", so all newbies see it. :!:

My one and only TPE doll so far suffered severe damages last year when the temperature was 30C+ for weeks.
Although it's even hotter this year, at least it rains and cools down a bit every few days.

But there is nothing I can do about it anyway in my attic flat, so I hope for the best!
I'm a doll trapped in a living body, not believing in life after birth.
Think with heArt! Follow me on --> Twitter

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Nescio50 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:Had 17 consecutive days with outside air temps in the high 90's here!
8O 8O ---hey, this European heat wave is a Celsius heat wave :evidence:
Ok 17 consecutive days of 35C + then. Hot is Hot C or F.... 8)

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Mr Franz wrote:Hot is Hot C or F.... 8)
Well, if Europe was experiencing high 90s all TPE dolls were down to a bulb of soft material, humans were dead, silicone and plushie dolls would survive -but without their human friends .... :(

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

This thread kinda supports the theory of Global Warming...just never in my wildest imagination would have associated it with Dolls... 8O

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I recall seeing a mention of this in one of the Doco films Arthur did, and thought at the time that the statement was unusual, as I have not experienced this, with my tpe girls and in Australian Summers here it gets well into the high 40s (deg C for the Europeans over 105 F plus for our American cousins).

That said, all my tpe gilrs are left standing in neutral positions and their breast and any gravity stress points are well supported, and I do occasionally lightly oil them, I do not powder them unless box storing for lay ups (I only powder my silicone girls occasionally to prevent tackyness on the skin), and I have not witnessed tpe tackyness or micro ruptures and abrasions.

So perhaps in these hot temps, Arthur's guidance for storage/standing/positioning and support is worth taking note off, as newer formulations most likely will have different characteristics, and again ensure the gravity stress areas are supported according.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS