SexDollAmerica.com

For Australian Importers. GST and Tarriff exemption 01Jul 18

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

For Australian Importers. GST and Tarriff exemption 01Jul 18

Post by Anung Un Rama »

OK Aussie members, things you know need to know when importing dollies into AUSTRALIA.

The AUS government has found another way to screw us for taxes.

Coming into effect on July 1st, 2018, the new legislation means any product, such as books, jewellery, electronic devices, sports equipment, cosmetics, or clothing will incur a 10% GST on the price of the item, regardless of its value, when imported into Australia.

Before this legislation, imported goods worth less than AUD$1000 were GST free.

This will even effect any online purchases made overseas.

More here

https://www.penguinaccounts.com.au/gst- ... orts-2018/

and from the horses mouth

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/car ... taxes/low-

Goods exempt GST

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/dut ... ortations)

Unfortunately not dollies :(

However the 5% tariff under schedule 9618 for "TAILORS' DUMMIES AND OTHER LAY FIGURES; AUTOMATA AND OTHER ANIMATED DISPLAYS (including online on TDF sales and doll online vendors) USED FOR SHOP WINDOW DRESSING" is still extent, so at least you do not get stung an extra 5% on top of the 10% GST. So ensure your supplier specifies this exemption code, or you specify to your import broker or freight company.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/car ... er-96#9618

I will sticky this for info, as for AUS buyers, dolls just went up by 10% regardless of the value.

Now, there reasoning is total bullshit....as there are no AUST local doll manufactures or factories being disadvantaged against the international market, and this is just another Bullshit government tax to support the left-wing welfare state.

If anyone can find a way around this 10% GST, (apart from Chinese agents sending dolls to "family in Australia" :wink: let me know.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: For Australian Importers. GST and Tarriff exemption 01Ju

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Well this just Sux!

:(

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Father

Post by Father »

Hi all, this is my first post. I have made my mind up to buy a doll but being an Aussie and trying to be cost conscious with my first purchase, plus having to deal with Aus customs is really making the choice of vendor difficult.

I was going to go with 'Japanese love toys Australia' but there seem to be other vendors who seem legit that are a fair amount cheaper.

I know there is some indecision whether 'Silicone sex doll city' is legit but they are a good example of what I mean. They are offering WM dolls about $1000 cheaper than JLT.

Can anyone PLEASE point me to the best place in Australia to purchase my first doll with as little hassle as possible. I'd really appreciate the help.
Mikayla - WM164D #242 Mikayla’s Room
Kiara - WM164F #273 Kiara’s Room
Kya - WM172B #266 Kya’s Room
Chloe/Cleo/Kyra - AF168G - wm#111/wm#336
Aura - Zelex 170C GE45_4 Aura’s Room
Doll Album: Doll album
Kya’s Instagram: Kya’s Insta Father’s Study: Father’s Study

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Father wrote:Hi all, this is my first post. I have made my mind up to buy a doll but being an Aussie and trying to be cost conscious with my first purchase, plus having to deal with Aus customs is really making the choice of vendor difficult.

I was going to go with 'Japanese love toys Australia' but there seem to be other vendors who seem legit that are a fair amount cheaper.

I know there is some indecision whether 'Silicone sex doll city' is legit but they are a good example of what I mean. They are offering WM dolls about $1000 cheaper than JLT.

Can anyone PLEASE point me to the best place in Australia to purchase my first doll with as little hassle as possible. I'd really appreciate the help.

:D Welcome Padre, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

So you may want to read this....viewtopic.php?p=1376407#p1376407

SDA is the sister company of JLTAUS/NZ so same standards apply and they are TDF accredited for a reason.

Now as for SSDC, they are NOT TDF approved for a reason...have a read here.... https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1299997

The rest is up to you, your money mate, and SSDC does NOT cover the extra duties under the new GST import laws, that is a surprise you will have to work through to ransom your doll import out of customs with a lot of invasive paperwork.

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

let me see if im understanding this. under $1000 may incur 10% gst as it comes into the country. but this doesn't apply to imports over $1000. The normal $70 plus 10% import tax for items over $1000 continues as usual? so dolls over $1000 wont be affected by this?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

optical delusion wrote:let me see if im understanding this. under $1000 may incur 10% gst as it comes into the country. but this doesn't apply to imports over $1000. The normal $70 plus 10% import tax for items over $1000 continues as usual? so dolls over $1000 wont be affected by this?
Hi OD, great to see you on the boards again. :D

What it means is there is no change to imports for dollys over 1000 AUD, that sting is still the same.

What it also sadly means is that dolly imports that were previously exempt from the customs GST ransom that had a declared customs value under 1000 AUD, are now also subject to the 10% GST, so that little benefit is now gone. :shakefist:

All dolly imports (irrespective of value) will now be stung at least 10% GST plus the 80 AUD disbursement fee for the customs hold cost and release fee once the additional duty is paid by the importer to the freight company import broker. :shakefist:

So this now effects all AUS dolly imports. This pisses me off...as it also drives up the cost of my guitar and firearm parts imports (that were previously low value exempted) too 8O

Does that help clarify.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Hi OD, great to see you on the boards again. :D
thanks. trying to be back more. sometimes life kicks you down and then gives you a few more just to make sure your feeling it
What it means is there is no change to imports for dollys over 1000 AUD, that sting is still the same.
ok, that's a relief.should have one arriving in the next 2 weeks and have only budgeted for the normal import fees. panicked thinking there would be another 10% on top.
What it also sadly means is that dolly imports that were previously exempt from the customs GST ransom that had a declared customs value under 1000 AUD, are now also subject to the 10% GST, so that little benefit is now gone. :shakefist:
yeah, they have tried this crap a few times and now its looks to be finally through.gotta squeeze every $ they can :(
So this now effects all AUS dolly imports. This pisses me off...as it also drives up the cost of my guitar and firearm parts imports (that were previously low value exempted) too 8O
that sucks. most of the stuff i get from overseas isn't available here. so paying tax to offset the local loss of profit is a non issue
Does that help clarify.
yep, and i believe Sweden is about to do the same thing

Father

Post by Father »

Anung Un Rama wrote:
Father wrote:Hi all, this is my first post. I have made my mind up to buy a doll but being an Aussie and trying to be cost conscious with my first purchase, plus having to deal with Aus customs is really making the choice of vendor difficult.

:D Welcome Padre, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

So you may want to read this....viewtopic.php?p=1376407#p1376407

SDA is the sister company of JLTAUS/NZ so same standards apply and they are TDF accredited for a reason.

Now as for SSDC, they are NOT TDF approved for a reason...have a read here.... https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1299997

The rest is up to you, your money mate, and SSDC does NOT cover the extra duties under the new GST import laws, that is a surprise you will have to work through to ransom your doll import out of customs with a lot of invasive paperwork.

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

Cheers Anung,
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'll be going through JLTAUS after all that. I've had a chat to Andy and he is awesome. Just wondering, If I do ever decide to go through another vendor, who doesn't pay the import tax, what kind of a headache am I in for?

There are some dolls that none of the vetted Aussie vendors stock and I just know I'll want one someday. Is there a step by step info thread on dealing with this? Is it just a matter of sit back and wait for customs to contact you and then pony up the cash?

I appreciate the help mate. Cheers.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Normally it is stopped at customs and the tracker will show something along the lines of tarrifs owed.you will be contacted by your courier service and notified of the amount owing which is $70 plus 10% of the total cost of the doll and shipping. So if its total value is $2000 you pay $70 plus $200. Pay by credit card and thats it. She should be cleared for release the same day.

Father

Post by Father »

optical delusion wrote:Normally it is stopped at customs and the tracker will show something along the lines of tarrifs owed.you will be contacted by your courier service and notified of the amount owing which is $70 plus 10% of the total cost of the doll and shipping. So if its total value is $2000 you pay $70 plus $200. Pay by credit card and thats it. She should be cleared for release the same day.
I thought that there was more paperwork involved than that? Can anyone who has dealt with Aus customs confirm this?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Father wrote:
optical delusion wrote:Normally it is stopped at customs and the tracker will show something along the lines of tarrifs owed.you will be contacted by your courier service and notified of the amount owing which is $70 plus 10% of the total cost of the doll and shipping. So if its total value is $2000 you pay $70 plus $200. Pay by credit card and thats it. She should be cleared for release the same day.
I thought that there was more paperwork involved than that? Can anyone who has dealt with Aus customs confirm this?
As OD and I have indicated, it is that simple, when the dolly is being held only for payment of fees due, but if the dolly is held for other reasons, as an example, onjectionable material, and thus a prohibitted import, then thats where the paperwork comes into play.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

McPickle

Post by McPickle »

Thanks for the info, Anung. I guess the welfare state is spreading like wildfire everywhere. If we sing the Internationale in front of the Home Affairs Office, can we maybe get a discount?
Irontech 150cm Victoria viewtopic.php?p=1525502#p1525502

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Mate, even as an experienced importer, I do battles, as either they keep shifting the goal posts, or just have no idea on their core business policy and legislation , so go when in doubt, make the importer pay our pocket, legal or otherwise.

refer to my current battle here viewtopic.php?p=1410287#p1410287

:roll: they never learn, but this time, it is gone to cost them, (well the tax payer), but it will be good to see the minister for home affairs answering some difficult question to the senate in question time, as to why the AUST tax payer just had to pay a bloke and a Chinese company a kings ransom in compensation and legal fees, all because their employees are incompetent and can not read their own policy and legislation. :evidence:

Anung :shakefist:

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

Father

Post by Father »

Anung Un Rama wrote:Mate, even as an experienced importer, I do battles, as either they keep shifting the goal posts, or just have no idea on their core business policy and legislation , so go when in doubt, make the importer pay our pocket, legal or otherwise.

refer to my current battle here viewtopic.php?p=1410287#p1410287

:roll: they never learn, but this time, it is gone to cost them, (well the tax payer), but it will be good to see the minister for home affairs answering some difficult question to the senate in question time, as to why the AUST tax payer just had to pay a bloke and a Chinese company a kings ransom in compensation and legal fees, all because their employees are incompetent and can not read their own policy and legislation. :evidence:

Anung :shakefist:

My uncle is a barrister and took on customs for his client after they withheld his goods for some BS reason, effectively shutting down his Buisness. The lawyers representing Customs did their best to drag the case out with delays and appeals, even though they knew that they were in the wrong. The idea or hope being that my uncles client would give up or run out of money to continue pursuing the matter. In the end it reached the High Court and he won the case but it took 15 years to get the matter resolved.

If your going to take on customs and they decide to pursue the matter, I hope your prepared for the long hull and wish you the best of luck.
Glad your standing up to them. Good luck Anung :thumbs_up:

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Noted there member Father, that is exactly how they role, but once it becomes clearly a sexual discrimination case against me for being a digisexual with full media exposure, and I bring the empowered minority gang legal team onboard, watch how fast it gets sorted in my favor :lol:

If ya can not beat em', well join the team, gets some red hot latex daisy dukes, a latex body hugging singlet and some knee high fuck me boots, and a whistle, and I will borrow one of my gals wigs, and show me the money you biggot bullies and give me my little elfy dolly project now, you big bwutes :lol:

About time we start using this back me thinks!

Anung :idea:

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

INFORMATIONS