Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Where to buy cheap reasonable priced clothes?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by buyer_to_be »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone can suggest me where I can buy clothes/sports bras/underwears, etc for her online and (possibly) anonymously. I heard too cheaply priced clothes might leave some marks on the skin since the colors somehow fade away. So I guess a mediumly priced items might be the trade off. Any comments and opinions on this?

Thanks

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I get most of Darcy's stuff from Victoria's Secret. Sure, they aren't known for low prices, but on the other hand, they often have clearance sales. If you get their catalogs, the sale catalogs come too. If you buy when an item first appears, you pay a lot. If you wait for the same item to later appear in a sale catalog, you can get it for a fraction of the cost. Darcy doesn't insist on getting something the instant it appears. She gets nicer stuff this way and more of it. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As far as dresses are concerned, there's a teen store called InStyle at Deerbrook Mall. I don't know if it is a chain or not, so it could be in your area. Everything in the place is ten bucks, but I don't think the items look any worse than what you see in other stores at several times the price. Look at Darcy's galleries and see what you think. All the dresses she wears, everything other than bikinis and lingerie, came from InStyle.

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

Thrift Shops - dresses - $2 bucks, the clearance rack at Target is always good, I've found shorts, tops and bikini's at $3 bucks.

Know your doll's sizes before you buy.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Glory

Post by Glory »

I can't speak from the point of view of having a doll, but I'm female so I can give it a shot.

Most of the advice here has been great. Part of your question though seemed to be how to be able to find things online. Personally I go with the old stand-by Ebay for a lot of what I buy. Much of what is listed is not used, a lot of it is overstocked and/or discontinued merchandice. Check out other sites for overstock/clearance items also.

As was mentioned earlier make sure you know the sizes. A lot of clothing manufacturers websites have things where you can type in measurements to determine a correct size. If you're bidding on something from say Victoria's Secret or another major retail chain you can probably find their website and verify sizing there before you bid.

You had mentioned trying to buy things anonymously. There's only so anonymous you're going to be able to get online, considering you'll have to give out a certain amount of information for payment and shipping purposes.I wouldn't think for the most part it would be a huge concern though, since a number of men buy female items as gifts.

As far as being worried about going "too cheap" and risking damage to the doll, I'd recomend you get to know (if you don't already)which brands are well made and watch for good deals on them, as was mentioned above.

I don't know too much about the effect of clothing on silicone. I would think most cotton fabrics would be probably pretty safe, but be a little more cautious on synthetic blends. A test I've used for checking color fastness is to take a cotton swab, soak it in rubbing alcohol and press it to the fabic around 20-30 seconds. If the color rubs off onto the swab I wouldn't chance it. Just be careful to only do this on an inconspicous spot on the item, in case it does take the color away. Also make sure to wash everything before putting it on the doll any length of time, this will help remove any excess dyes as well as things like finishing sprays that clothes are treated with. I'd try them on her briefly before hand, make sure they fit and you don't want to return them, then clean them.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Most of the advice here has been great. Part of your question though seemed to be how to be able to find things online.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I addressed that, though looking back at the post, I see that I didn't mention online buying explicitly. Most of my Victoria purchases were done either by phone or from their website. It's both fast and easy with the catalogs, though you don't have to use them with the web site. But you can order directly from the catalog too.

Like Glory said, completely anonymous purchasing is hard to come by. You have to pay somehow, and most merchants won't accept a pseudonym for that.

It's like in the original Spiderman comic, when he was trying to cash a check written out to Spiderman, not Peter Parker. "Anybody can wear a mask. Do you have a driver's license or other identification in the name of Spiderman?" [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Glory, I hope you will stay. We don't have many women in the forum. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Glory

Post by Glory »

Thank you jackrabbit [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Also sorry if I repeated too much of the advice of the previous posts.

And I agree, the Vicky's Secret sale catalogs rock [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I don't think you repeated anything. You just made me realize that my own post was incomplete. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

buyer_to_be
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by buyer_to_be »

Hi all,
Thanks for the advices! I received a lot of inputs from your postings. I have decided to buy a silk made clothes. Anyone, has any input/advices on this one. Thanks! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Midas

Post by Midas »

jackrabbit, spiderman could have signed it on the back and endorsed it so peter could have cashed it. simple enough.

Midas

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

For all you hard to shop for dolls out there:

We can make almost any clothes you need to fit your desires as well as your bodies. All we need is your measurements, and the materials types you are interested in wearing.

Note: We can make easy on and off clothing utilizing velcro, snaps and hidden zippers. We know dolls can be hard to dress and undress.

Send us a line and we will give you some quotes based on time and expense.

Out-Of-The-Closet Fashions.
Hamilton Ontario Canada
rtessier4@cogeco.ca

We are in the midst of assembling our website, please be patient.

Randy and Heather

Feel free to post here or send us email.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>
spiderman could have signed it on the back and endorsed it
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess Stan Lee, or whoever wrote the story for Spiderman #1, didn't think of that. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The check scene was one of the few differences between the comic and the movie. In the latter, the wrestling guy refused to pay him at all.

INFORMATIONS