sexyrealsexdolls.com

Silicone cosmetic surgery

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Silicone cosmetic surgery

Post by Mechwizard »

What I am doing here is sealing the silicone plugs that fill the holes on the inside of Zara's thighs. The holes would have originally been for locator pins to hold the skeleton in place during mold pouring. Sometimes these don't seal as well as they should. This is not an essential procedure, but for my piece of mind for next time we go swimming. The method I use can be for major surgery or scar revision, both of which I've had to do. The reseal of her first hip operation was badly handled and left scarring and a misaligned join. This procedure has fixed that and cleaned up her hip.

Using 2-part can be a trial for the newcomer. I don't use Abyss supplied silicone, but go to Dalchem here in Aus for their soft translucent and flesh coloured pigment. Its tin cure silicone and mixes with 10% by weight of catalyst. 9 grams of silicone to 1 gram of cat. 27 grams to 3. You get the idea. The stuff works very well but accuracy is important. When first mixed it is very runny which is fine if you want it to flow into an area, but most times, and for this application, you need the silicone to firm up. I let it rest for half an hour until it visibly starts to thicken.

To mix I use a small electronic scale given to me by Muzza. It measures down to 0.1 gram, so I can use small amounts of mix, down to 10 grams, without any problem.

First clean the area well with acetone or isoprpyl alcohol

Smooth on enough to cover the area you need to cover

As an alternative to a stick a syringe can be used.

Smooth the area by covering with cling wrap

Smooth the wrap out below the repair and pull tight over it leaving it wrinkle free where the new silicone is

Smooth out any lumpy areas and air bubbles through the wrap

Prick any air bubbles that won't disappear.

The 2-part can also be used as an adhesive. Here I did a wrist tighten and had to cut into both sides of the wirst.

Leave to cure at least 24 hours then peel away the wrap carefully. It won't stick to the silicone, but if things haven't properly cured yet, you may have to put the wrap back.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

SiliconeBud

Re: Silicone cosmetic surgery

Post by SiliconeBud »

Great job Mechwizard and thanks for the tutorial.

I find for most silicone skin fixes I need to use both the one part adhesive and 2 part silicone. But sometimes, if the cut isn't deep, I just use the two part.

But the plastic wrap is needed to make the fix appear seamless, I also add a little dish soap to the plastic as a release agent.

Cheers
OJ

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

This is very helpful, I learn so much from your posts.
Be kind Rewind .Image

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for bumping this well done post. Never saw it.

The silicone used for the repair was Tin cure, but I assume the doll was probably Tin cure back then as well.
So, it all looks good except Platinum cure repair silicone for Plat dolls now days.

I knew the mfg'rs plugged the rod holes w/ silicone, but I'm wondering if they do it on the doll right after being pulled from the mold or after they wash the release off? I would think right from the mold using the syringe method.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

:D :thumbs_up:

chizm

Post by chizm »

Nice job and excellent photos during repairs,
I have a question about the use of the clear wrap, do you leave it on to cure or remove it before cure,
cause I seen clear wrap with silicon before and it cause the surface to matte and look pulled?

Arleen1

Post by Arleen1 »

I never used the cling wrap before but looks like a great idea, thanks

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I needed that filor the scar on her back thank you very much
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

awnedr777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by awnedr777 »

thank you for the post!

INFORMATIONS