sexyrealsexdolls.com

Sanhui Broken Hand

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
Randis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sanhui Broken Hand

Post by Randis »

Thanks for the detailed instructions Samara! Will test it out over the weekend. Forb, the good hand twists with light force - same as the other joints. The broken hand was loose in comparison (due to the break) and yes Samara trying to turn the bolt on the broken hand with pliers was no joke. Thought I was going to break something turning it just a half-rotation.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Hey Randis,

Have you made any progress?

You're not alone anymore. My Sanhui 158 broke her hand plate last night. Ironically it happened during a photo shoot for a lengthy, positive, review I've been writing.

My break is a bit different. Her thumb is still attached to some material that is still holding on to the bolt, but the material that her fingers are attached to has broken free. I believe the break line goes like this:
B81FCA95-D5E7-4EDF-A2BF-6E480531E1A0a.jpg
B81FCA95-D5E7-4EDF-A2BF-6E480531E1A0a.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
I'm guessing it goes through the bolt head area (least resistance).
Here are 2 videos of her hand:
broke hand plate 2.mp4
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 1319 times
broken hand plate.mp4
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 1321 times
What is astonishing is that I was just positioning her wrist using very little force and it snapped. This makes me think it was weakened by a prior event but I can't recall anything. This also makes me think your shipping incident might have been quite minor.

SANHUI: Please change the material in the hand plate, or reinforce it with metal!!!

I'm not too worried about the repair. I just need to get the right formula of JB Weld. Does anyone know what material is used in the hand plate? I'm guessing it's a 'hard' resin plastic?

I would appreciate any advice or guidance through this repair!
Thanks for the instructions Samara!

EDIT---------
The more I think about it, I think it had to be a prior injury. The amount of force I used was about the same needed to break a graham cracker. I think there's a good chance mine was damaged in shipping like Randis' but mine just hadn't come apart yet.

Looking at Randis' pics close up you can see the material is filled with air bubbles:
air bubbles.jpg
air bubbles.jpg (125.98 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
So I'm trying to work up a game plan, and I could use some help.
I assume the JB Weld to use is 'Plastic Bonder'? https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-50139-P ... 01IBOK7FE/
A few people in the reviews say it can also work with fiberglass cloth, which sounds like a good idea. I could apply it to one side at least.
I think I need Samara hehe
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

I just want to update:

Randis has informed me his repair was successful. :thumbs_up:

Sanhui has offered me even more support than I think I need in performing the repairs. I think I'll begin on Sunday. With a planned 3 different adhesive applications she should be good on Wednesday! I will post pics of the whole procedure here.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Incision made. The material is ridiculously thin...
IMG_20180930_125437a.jpg
IMG_20180930_125437a.jpg (862.19 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
IMG_20180930_131100a.jpg
IMG_20180930_131100a.jpg (514.64 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
I'm so nervous I'm shaking :drinking:

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Well, I'm no longer a surgeon virgin! :razz:

My fears were also unfounded. This repair is very easy.

Here are the materials I used:
IMG_20181010_211211b.jpg
IMG_20181010_211211b.jpg (643.36 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
After the incision I took a bunch of dry runs at applying the JB Weld, just with a dry paintbrush. It really wasn't easy holding her hand apart using only one of my hands. If you have someone to assist you I would suggest asking them for help. Eventually I discovered moving her arm far forward allowed gravity to open it up some and doing the rest with one hand wasn't that bad. Like this:
IMG_20181010_210949a.jpg
IMG_20181010_210949a.jpg (354.67 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Ok, so I was confident in applying the cement but I also had to figure out how to get the 2 pieces of her hand to sit right and be left alone for hours. Initially I thought I'd use a rubber band bracelet and tie other rubber bands to it and loop them in her finger gaps to hold her hand together... It just didn't work. No matter how I positioned the rubber bands it would always pull her hand back (opposite of grip) too far. You need to pinch in her palm and check for the two pieces to be seated properly. After messing with lots of ideas, again gravity to the rescue. Just moving her arm down to her hips seated the two pieces very naturally. Like this:
IMG_20181010_211009a.jpg
IMG_20181010_211009a.jpg (349.73 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
I was ready. I used far more JB Weld than I'd need (on purpose) and mixed it with a plastic fork on a paper plate in a mostly well ventilated environment. Using a really small paint brush I applied as much glue as I could to both of the broken surfaces. Really glop it in there, its going to be stronger than the surrounding material. It will be black which was a bit intimidating but I thought I could just photoshop out any black stains on her skin for photography. I was 90% concerned with her hand being functional again. It turned out I got some on a finger and before I knew it she had black fingerprints all over the back of her hand, and I had a little bit of dribble on her palm. The really good news is it just wiped away, even some spots that I let dry just brushed off. It appears this JB Weld Plastic Bonder is perfect for this as it won't adhere to the silicone Woohoo :) Done applying, arm forward, she wasn't touched for 24 hours.

Applying Permatex(RTV Silicone) on a silicone doll is widely documented here, but I did use one tip I've read here. Don't worry about sealing it all up in one go. Start deep and come back and seal up the rest later. So here is were she is now. I still have the cosmetic work to do but I think it turned out great:
IMG_20181010_211901a.jpg
IMG_20181010_211901a.jpg (277.53 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
The white stuff is powder. The cut goes all the way up to her thumb, so you can see some of the cut that is already sealed up nice. I did cut FAR too low. The silicone on her palm is really thick so it takes a pretty long cut just to get a peek inside. By the time I could see it was obvious I lost the break line and needed to make another cut. BTW cutting the silicone went easier than I thought. You can pull the incision apart and it wont continue to tear, and to continue the cut just touch the seam with a good x-acto knife and it will continue to open. I didn't have a single splinter of silicone in the cuts. All perfectly clean.

This IS how she broke, so please follow these instructions on proper wrist rotation:
Never.jpg
Never.jpg (64.35 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
WristDown.jpg
WristDown.jpg (25.31 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
WristUp.jpg
WristUp.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
:glou:

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Congrats on the fix!

PS - I read the EXACT warning (from Harem I think) on the proper way to pose a doll's wrists. You never spin it aligned to its axis. You ALWAYS bend the hand first .. then while 90 degrees rotate it to the desired position and then bend it back in place. If I can find the post, I'll link it.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

MannyCan wrote:Congrats on the fix!

PS - I read the EXACT warning (from Harem I think) on the proper way to pose a doll's wrists. You never spin it aligned to its axis. You ALWAYS bend the hand first .. then while 90 degrees rotate it to the desired position and then bend it back in place. If I can find the post, I'll link it.
Thanks Manny! Now that I lost my surginity I know I'll be more confident if I ever need to make another repair (knock on wood).

You are so right about the wrist warning. Harem informed me as well and Sanhui confirmed it when I emailed them. This should really be a sticky in many forums AND it should be stated in the user manuals that come with the dolls! I can see this happening to many people so I tried to detail what I went through, including my mistakes. Hopefully it will help others.

I think this is the thread you are talking about: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=61317 <<< SUPER IMPORTANT

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Yep that's it. I've benefited from doing that from the beginning. I love TDF .. where would we be without it!?

INFORMATIONS