www.pipedreamproducts.com/df2015

Cleaning stains on a Vinyl doll: Please help.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Vinyl Inflatable Love Dolls
magoruk

Re: Cleaning stains on a Vinyl doll: Please help.

Post by magoruk »

Maybe you can use mixture of ATBC plasticizer (mentioned in next article ,,New tool for REPLASTICIZING of Vinyl Dolls"') together with isopropyl alcohol. It can make compounds migrate faster Maybe in the vinyl substrate and stains can disperse and disappear.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13129
How it looks in a heaven? The heaven it is the same world as our, with one exception. You can live with your doll there and the doll is ideal. The ideal doll means, that there are no any technical, practical or social problems concerned with her. And what about a hell? The hell don't exist. Every place will turn to a heaven, if you will be with your doll there. Because she is a part of your personality, she will be always with you.

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

I will try the baby oil again and all of that this weekend. I was also thinking the good old 409 to try a little bit of that on the face area just to see.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Vinyl is one of the more sensitive to chemical plastics IMO.

If isoproponal didn't help, I don't think anything will that won't damage the doll.

I think you would be better off learning how to paint over the stains. Or hoping they maybe fade with time like TPE/Silicone stains do.

Silicone dolls stain too, but IMO they stain much less then TPE dolls. Not sure if they can take some fabrics TPE dolls can't, or if they just transfer less dye but it does seem like they stain less.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

Interesting you mentioned painting over the stains Darkone. I have another posted question thread about painting a doll of this type. My friend was interested in making an Orion slave girl from star trek.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=72503

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Hi i used sculpy clay softner and rubbed all the vinyl bits OMLYof her body and it took out stains of newspaper artical some pen markings( not all) and made her fresh like new$
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

This is brilliant, thank you very much. I will have to try this when the time permits, real life getting in the way and all of that.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You will figure it out. I didn't take any photos of the newspaper stains but they are long gone now
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

Now would this method work on the hands or breasts? I'm honestly thinking those parts are made out of silicone. Since it's one of those semi silicone dolls. The body being the thinner flexible vinyl and the head being made out of a harder plastic.

Belay that, I just read your message and the answer is vinyl bits only. I will try this on the vinyl parts only thank you.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Do NOT use this on the silicone parts

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Found out that sculpy clay softner not only will soften your air babe but will remove some staining from the vinyl portions of your doll. Body and head. Good luck.
My second hand doll didn't have leather or fake leather staing on her. It took off magazine ink. And some other staining that i didn't see before, but it took that off too. Now dolly is mostly clean and much softer. She is from 1999!
Attachments
20161205_121958.jpg
20161205_121958.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2733 times

Elzevir
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Elzevir »

That is seriously awesome and I apologize for my extended absence. Real life caught up and I can finally get back to trying to cleaning that doll and I'll post a couple of mods on here too for all to see. One is a Black Cat mod for a friend of mine and another is an interesting one I purchased on eBay. I'll pick up that clay stuff tonight at the craft store and let you know. Vinyl bits only still correct? Also what material is that doll made out of from 1999? I is the curious.

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

Winsor and Newton Brush cleaner will take anything off vinyl. I repaint vinyl and resin dolls regularly. This is what professional vinyl doll artists use, and I do too. You can also use that with a magic eraser. Please wash it off with dish soap and water after. It's irritating to skin and feels slimey. Most do not recommend using oil on vinyl as it has different properties than TPE yet it is still porous. Deep dye stains can only be helped with a strong peroxide and sunlight, and even then.... sometimes it's just too deep. This is especially true if the dye is oil-based.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

Acetone, nail polish remover on a cotton bud tip. Use sparingly it can remove anything. Be precise.
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

INFORMATIONS