teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe toes & toenails

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Teddy Babes
dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Teddy Babe toes & toenails

Post by dolldoer »

I finally finished my standard TB's toes and added toenails, after researching here about it and reading these two threads;
Teddy Babe Modifications http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21472
TEDDYBABE Care and Repairs http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14688

Thanks to ChikkinNoodul and johnb (who added toenails) for instructions and inspiration. I pretty much followed ChikkinNoodul's instructions to do the toe sewing.

I first massaged the foot so as to move some of the stuffing higher up and not have the toe section too puffy. Then traced the foot outline on tissue paper and played around drawing the toe lines until I was happy with the layout. I placed it on the top of the foot and stuck straight pins where the lines end then tore off the paper. This gave me a reference as to where to start/end sewing the lines and just pulled the pins when I was done. I sewed the lines and around the front to simulate separation. then stitched through the side of each toe with the thread on the bottom to make the ball of the toe. Some pics of the result...
toes01.jpg
toes01.jpg (144.75 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
toes02.jpg
toes02.jpg (200.86 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
toes04.jpg
toes04.jpg (187.3 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
[/b]

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Teddy Babe toes & toenails

Post by dolldoer »

I hesitated on this project for sometime until one day at the "Dollar Tree" store I found these nails in the toy section. And yes, they only cost a dollar!
nails.jpg
nails.jpg (179.93 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Up till that point I hadn't found any that would be small enough for the project. The nails are made of polypropylene material which is softer than acrylic nails. I used a nail clipper, scissors and nail file to make them. I used the smallest nails for the smaller toes and the next size up for the big toe. They were all cut in half as the length would have been too long for my taste in toenails (also didn't want to get scratched up too bad in bed!). I put small squares of double sided carpet tape on the back of each one and lightly stuck them on a wooden skewer so I could paint them. Two coats of nail polish later (also from same store) and careful placement on the toes and I was done. It has been almost 2 months now and they are still stuck on, but are removable if I need to repaint them.
toes03.jpg
toes03.jpg (158.18 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
toes05.jpg
toes05.jpg (203.76 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
toes06.jpg
toes06.jpg (183.79 KiB) Viewed 3670 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Great job! :thumbs_up: Your Teddy Babe seems proud of your work also! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Thanks! She is really happy about having toes and toenails, looks a bit more real, in a plush doll kind of way. Not really that hard, just time consuming, but worth the effort.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more comments. :? She's very pretty and I especially love how she seems to be showing off her new toes. She really does seem quite pleased! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mello_Pello »

Great stuff here...Saved and bookmarked. Hope to get these toe and nail mods done on my Babe Kera one day soon as well, along with the butt cheek mod. But gosh...her damn wire skeleton is killing me..REALLY want to get a new skeleton in her. Anyways...great info dolldoer..thnx!
-Mello

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

Great mods. I was thinking of this the other day. Thanks!

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Great job! :thumbs_up: Your Teddy Babe seems proud of your work also! :D
Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw her too. She seems very proud of her upgraded toes.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Very good work congratulations. She does seem to like it a whole lot.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Did my teddybabe neo classic vicky with a twist. I seperated her first toe so she can wear sandals in the summertime. Still need to figure how to get duct tape off of plush.
Still have some fine tuning to do. But here it is.
Attachments
20180117_211144~2.jpg
20180117_211144~2.jpg (372.85 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

samara78 wrote:Did my teddybabe neo classic vicky with a twist. I seperated her first toe so she can wear sandals in the summertime. Still need to figure how to get duct tape off of plush.
Great job! :thumbs_up: Perhaps acetone could remove the duct tape glue?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
samara78 wrote:Did my teddybabe neo classic vicky with a twist. I seperated her first toe so she can wear sandals in the summertime. Still need to figure how to get duct tape off of plush.
Great job! :thumbs_up: Perhaps acetone could remove the duct tape glue?
I have to be careful if her plush there. I will be trying too be gone soon

INFORMATIONS