Feet Repair

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to DS - Doll Sweet
kelfin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Feet Repair

Post by kelfin »

Hello. I got a great deal on a DS 167 Evo from another forum member, but it looks like she spent some time on her feet during shipping and they are fairly messed up. She may have been upside down as well because the neck is a bit wonky, but not as bad as the feet. I may make another thread on the neck later.

Is this repairable? I'm thinking of cutting into the feet from the bottom, trying to separate the smashed silicone from the metal frame and re shape it around the frame, but i'd like to see if anyone here has any experience with this type of repair, or advice.

I have acetone, Permatex RTX Silicone, and Permatex flowable silicone that I've been using for other minor repairs with great success.

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (495.58 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (360.13 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (415.79 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (468.81 KiB) Viewed 2577 times

kelfin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Feet Repair

Post by kelfin »

I figured i couldn't make it any worse so i went ahead and executed my repair plan.

Turns out the metal frame of the foot was actually bent upwards, and that was causing the deformation. Seems like a bad place to have a weak point in the skeleton. I was actually able to bend it back mostly by hand, and used pliers for the rest. I don't really ever plan to have this doll standing, so it's not too big of a deal for me. Maybe some others will find this information useful.
Attachments
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (728.8 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Capture6.PNG
Capture6.PNG (755.87 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Capture7.PNG
Capture7.PNG (631.61 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Nice one.
Yeah having a non standing doll stand up is not recommended. Looks like doll had leaned forward and bent that. I've heard some non standing, have a wire or two in toes. Not sure the purpose of that. :)

Kazuki789

Post by Kazuki789 »

Nice repair work. I’m contemplating an incision on my dolls leg, it’s a standing doll, but the joint is super loose at the knee. I’m only skeptical because I wasn’t sure of the best way to glue the tpe back together.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Very helpful indeed

For anyone planning on standing, injecting harder silicone under the heel and the foot plate can spread pressure.

That heel has a hole in it. There are other holes across the heel further up. This would allow for incision and placement of strategic bolts.

Your skeletal investigations are really helpful to see what one can expect under the skin.

Good job.

How well does the EVO model perform in bed?

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

kelfin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kelfin »

haremlover wrote:Very helpful indeed

For anyone planning on standing, injecting harder silicone under the heel and the foot plate can spread pressure.

That heel has a hole in it. There are other holes across the heel further up. This would allow for incision and placement of strategic bolts.

Your skeletal investigations are really helpful to see what one can expect under the skin.

Good job.

How well does the EVO model perform in bed?

Best wishes

Harem
Thanks for the advice and comments.

As far as how she performs in bed, this is my first doll, so I don't really have a good frame of reference in regards to other dolls, but she's close enough to a real woman that i'm certainly satisfied.

I'll make a review post in the main DS forum with more details and pictures.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

My doll's other foot has been the same looking "pancake" since I got her and I don't know how it went that way because she has loose joints. I'd think that foot would bend from the ankle before there's enough force to bend the metal inside like that. But thanks to your bravery I might now attempt to fix it among with over-loosened ankle nut.

INFORMATIONS