How long is the cure time for silicone?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
Thelord001

Re: How long is the cure time for silicone?

Post by Thelord001 »

Im gonna take some pictures tomorrow. When u do repairs like this, how long does it normally take for the silicone to cure?

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

An entire silicone doll takes 3 days from pour to releasing the doll from the mold.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Any whete between 2 hours-8 hours-12 hours-24 hours depending on the type repair
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

Ok, here is some pictures of the repairs made. Like you see the repairs have been done on her shoulders and back, there the skin has peeled/flaked off. Some areas are actually touch dry now. Maybe i should give this more time?
Attachments
Still sticky but close to touch dry now.
Still sticky but close to touch dry now.
5.jpg (980.82 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
This area is actually touch dry now.
This area is actually touch dry now.
4.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1619 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1619 times
This area is touch dry too.
This area is touch dry too.
2.jpg (888.22 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Still sticky but starting to dry out..
Still sticky but starting to dry out..
1.jpg (890.43 KiB) Viewed 1619 times

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

It just wont cure completely. I have wiped off everything using hexane (that was a pain in the ***...) I have cleaned the area thorougly, added primer, and made a new batch of silicone which i have applied now. I used a spatula and iced the area like a cake and just used the brush a little in the end. This time i have done everything right and if it doesnt work now i give up. I must have got a bad primer or something if its still not working.

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

I just checked the cup with the leftover amount of silicone. The thicker layer in the bottom is fully cured now after one hour. However, the thinner layers on the sides are NOT cured. It seems like, if the layer of silicone is too thin, it will take looong time for it to cure or even not cure at all. Why is that? This makes it really hard to do repairs like this...

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

It actually worked this time, the silicone cured just fine! It must have been that i used the wrong primer the first time, i dont know what else it could be. Im gonna upload some pictures tomorrow of the results.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Thelord001 wrote:It just wont cure completely. I have wiped off everything using hexane (that was a pain in the ***...) I have cleaned the area thorougly, added primer, and made a new batch of silicone which i have applied now. I used a spatula and iced the area like a cake and just used the brush a little in the end. This time i have done everything right and if it doesnt work now i give up. I must have got a bad primer or something if its still not working.
Quit using hexane. Simply use what is instructed.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

Well, i was instructed by 4woods to use hexane and they even sent me a bottle of hexane with the repair kit. But you are telling me i might as well use acetone? Thats great, cause im running out of hexane now and acetone is cheaper so i might as well use acetone on my next repair..

ZebramDollImmortal
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZebramDollImmortal »

What a informative post thank you for sharing.
Celeste JY 140cm Image
Please Read my post at the bottom TY
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94678&p=1233777#p1233777

Thelord001

Post by Thelord001 »

ZebramDollImmortal wrote:What a informative post thank you for sharing.
Thanks. The moderator can move this thread to the repairs section of the 4woods forum maybe? This thread might be helpful for others.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Curing time depends on what you are using. Sil-Poxy does have a very short curing time (5 minutes working time, 12 minutes curing time). If using Shin-Etsu 1RTV (this is often used for 4Woods dolls) the curing time is up to 24 hours. You may use hexane to dilute ShinEtsu 1RTV, it will soften the silicone. Just don't overdo it. Hexane may also be used to clean the silicone before doing a repair. Acetone is also used for cleansing. I don't know if acetone can be used to dilute/soften 1RTV silicone before applying.

After curing, wait some more time before handling your doll, changing pose. I recommend another 24 hours.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Nescio50 wrote:Curing time depends on what you are using. Sil-Poxy does have a very short curing time (5 minutes working time, 12 minutes curing time). If using Shin-Etsu 1RTV (this is often used for 4Woods dolls) the curing time is up to 24 hours. You may use hexane to dilute ShinEtsu 1RTV, it will soften the silicone. Just don't overdo it. Hexane may also be used to clean the silicone before doing a repair. Acetone is also used for cleansing. I don't know if acetone can be used to dilute/soften 1RTV silicone before applying.

After curing, wait some more time before handling your doll, changing pose. I recommend another 24 hours.
No acetone cannot be used to dilute silicone. It will make a huge mess only recommend cleaning with acetone before a repair is made.

INFORMATIONS