Articulated hands + hyper realism would look really good

IL Doll is owned by Chuanyin Intelligent Technology (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. ILDoll specializes in producing the latest products and technologies such as hyper realistic painting and weight reduction of silicone dolls. We are committed to developing and producing China’s best realistic dolls, already bringing ILdoll dolls(TPE dolls) to the fore front as the top doll brand in China. Website: www.ildoll.com
Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Articulated hands + hyper realism would look really good

Post by Aeron »

Does ILDoll have any plans for articulated hands? The hyper realism images look really great, but when looking at the hands, that's when the realism breaks because of how the hand wires bend. Having articulated hands would really make the hyper realism complete.

Hitdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Articulated hands + hyper realism would look really good

Post by Hitdoll »

Sorry, we don't have any plan about it.
In fact we have worked on the figure bone years ago. But the result was not as good as expected. So we gave up.
We have to admit that the figure wire we now use is not good as articulated hands and reduces the reality. But it concerns far less than the H.R. appearance and textured skin. Besides, it won't cause any damages during nomal use without any accidence.
On the other hand, you may search more info about the articulated hand to see how its durability.

Sincerely,
Kevin
Hitdoll&ILDOLL

WhatsApp:+86 18520290523
Rapid Reply during 08:00-23:30(UTC/GMT+08:00)

Email: sales1@ildoll.com

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

You should study the skeleton used in Phicen / TBLeague's 1/6 scale seamless bodies.
It is small enough to fit within a dolls hand and can hold a pose. Would be a good starting point for creating articulated fingers.
==== My Doll ==== [Doll Album]-[Twitter]
(CST) BB Doll 165cm H-cup
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

Hitdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Hitdoll »

MoneyMike wrote:You should study the skeleton used in Phicen / TBLeague's 1/6 scale seamless bodies.
It is small enough to fit within a dolls hand and can hold a pose. Would be a good starting point for creating articulated fingers.
Thanks Mike, do you have a link about it?

Kevin
Hitdoll&ILDOLL

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

Could the doll come with detachable hands? (Detachable at the wrist) Just in case it breaks, we can buy new ones.
GT detaches on the upper arm, and it costs over $1000 to replace. At that price level, I don't think I'll ever buy new arms if they break.

Hitdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Hitdoll »

forty wrote:Could the doll come with detachable hands? (Detachable at the wrist) Just in case it breaks, we can buy new ones.
GT detaches on the upper arm, and it costs over $1000 to replace. At that price level, I don't think I'll ever buy new arms if they break.
No wonder they make such figure bones. I don't realize this until forty mentions this.
Forty, how do you feel after benting one of GT's figure ten times?

Kevin
Hitdoll&ILDOLL

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

Hitdoll wrote:
forty wrote:Could the doll come with detachable hands? (Detachable at the wrist) Just in case it breaks, we can buy new ones.
No wonder they make such figure bones. I don't realize this until forty mentions this.
Forty, how do you feel after benting one of GT's figure ten times?

Kevin
No issues so far. It looks realistic, though the feel won't be too realistic since finger joints do make a slight sound. My experience probably doesn't count as much, as I am always over-cautious with dolls. I never had tears on my super old dolls, but I have seen other people leave large tears on their dolls of the same brand.

I did see them mention somewhere that those fingers are very easy to break.

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

I've seen countless posts about customers wanting articulated fingers on TDF.
You would think that by now it would be standard.
Some makers have dolls that can move their lips and talk, but articulated fingers are still a challenge?
Well, RZRZN at least seems to be have stepped in the right direction.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nl1z-P ... sp=sharing
RZRZN Realistic finger joints.png
RZRZN Realistic finger joints.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2673 times
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Hitdoll wrote:
MoneyMike wrote:You should study the skeleton used in Phicen / TBLeague's 1/6 scale seamless bodies.
Thanks Mike, do you have a link about it?
Kevin
Try this;
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=86091
Entertaining and informative.
BFF!
Instagram

Hitdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Hitdoll »

The Messenger wrote:I've seen countless posts about customers wanting articulated fingers on TDF.
Some makers have dolls that can move their lips and talk, but articulated fingers are still a challenge?
We know RZR a lot. They are the alfa in doll market. Please note that the durability of the figure bone is quite uncertain. You may ask someone who owns this to blent one of the figure ten times. It would take a great risk.

Kevin
Hitdoll&ILDOLL

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

Hitdoll wrote:
The Messenger wrote:I've seen countless posts about customers wanting articulated fingers on TDF.
We know RZR a lot. They are the alfa in doll market. Please note that the durability of the figure bone is quite uncertain. You may ask someone who owns this to blent one of the figure ten times. It would take a great risk.

Kevin
I have had the rzrzn doll a year. The hands are not perfect, but they are much better then any hand made with wires. I would bet on the rzrzn/ gynoid finger surviving being bent 10 times in a row over bending any wire finger 10 times in a row.

Hitdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Hitdoll »

Ztar073 wrote:
Hitdoll wrote:

Kevin
I have had the rzrzn doll a year. The hands are not perfect, but they are much better then any hand made with wires. I would bet on the rzrzn/ gynoid finger surviving being bent 10 times in a row over bending any wire finger 10 times in a row.
Seems you are confident Ztar.
How do you think forty? You also have one from RZR. Would you like to bet one of little figure? :haha4:
Just a joke. I am not sure the quality of it. So I don't want any of you take this risk. I don't know too much about wires from other factories. Ours is quite firm enough.

Kevin
Hitdoll&ILDOLL

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

Hitdoll wrote:
Seems you are confident Ztar.
How do you think forty? You also have one from RZR. Would you like to bet one of little figure? :haha4:
Just a joke. I am not sure the quality of it. So I don't want any of you take this risk. I don't know too much about wires from other factories. Ours is quite firm enough.

Kevin
RZRN (sp? or whatever the original name is), it's officially GT now.
I do like GT hands the most.

I am not aware of anyone else making finger bones, beside GT, so far.
I have no idea if manufacturer make their own skeleton or buy it from third party. The GT fingers are very expensive. I am not sure if everyone is ok with paying that price for good looking hands, but at least I did.

below is my callies' hands, and they attract my attention all the time :mrgreen:
the hands are clearly shaped with the bones inside. With these hands, I am happy with the overall price of GT doll, but I will not pay over one grand (listing price of 8000 RMB) to replace the arms if they break. Once maintenance price gets to the above-one-grand level, I'd rather get a new doll.

Comparing the durability, IL Doll wire is different from Jinsan dolls for sure. Jinsan wires are much harder and take more force to bend. (I imagine it will be easier to break, though I haven't seen a broken one). I do like IL doll wire more than the Jinsan ones, as they need little force to bend. For GT, I can feel silicone in the Hands area different from the rest of the body, probably these have added durability in it. The material there do feel tough to break.

If I understand correctly, GT mold is made from 3D printing instead of sculpture, so the body is overall less rough than all other doll makers, along with the finger bones, the big price difference is definitely justified. The rest depends on customer, as you lose the artistic feeling from 3D modeling. (same in video game argument, hand drawn by real artists vs 3dMax made by non-artists)

Looking at Photo of new GT models after Model 7, I feel they are going a wrong direction. At least I will not buy a cyborg. I want human companions. I hope they come back to the realism direction later.

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Ztar073 wrote:
Hitdoll wrote:We know RZR a lot. They are the alfa in doll market. Please note that the durability of the figure bone is quite uncertain. You may ask someone who owns this to blent one of the figure ten times. It would take a great risk.

Kevin
Ztar brings up a good point. Hand wires also tend to eventually poke through the skin.

I'm guessing if the hands in the Gynoids have any durability issues, it might be when force is applied in a direction the finger is not meant to bend in (like when the hand gets caught in bed sheets). If that happens on a hand wire, the finger will just get bent in a strange direction, but you can just bend it back. On a fully articulated hand, that would probably damage the joints, just like how it would damage a real hand.

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Just saw this.
http://dollbase.org/comment/182#comment-182
Gynoid Tech doll hand.jpg
Gynoid Tech doll hand.jpg (35.37 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
BFF!