sexyrealsexdolls.com

Question: How to turn vanilla into chocolate with PS or Gimp

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Question: How to turn vanilla into chocolate with PS or Gimp

Post by nukeno »

Hi guys and pros,

I'm wondering how certain "Caucasian" heads and bodies would look like in a tanned or even ebony black skin tone. But there are hardly any pictures available. Especially not for every combination possible or the ones I'm interested in.

I played with Gimp a little, changing the saturation or brightness levels on the different color channels and this kinda works to get a first impression, but it also generates a lot of “artifacts” and ruins the picture.

Is there an easy quick way to tinker with the complexion?
Or how would you do it?

kind regards
nukeno
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Question: How to turn vanilla into chocolate with PS or

Post by Broven »

In Photoshop (I don't really know GIMP), it would really need a mask to be made in order to look very good. Then I would use Gradient Map to adjust the color. Depending on the image you're changing, the mask may not be particularly hard to make. Here's an example of taking a white skin and making it tan. It took about 2 or 3 minutes to get to just this point, which is probably(?) good enough to give you an idea of the skin tone on this model. Or, a few more minutes you could refine the mask and gradient much better (if you felt that you needed to...)

Being that it's Photoshop, there are probably a dozen other ways to do this same thing. I just like Gradient Map because it doesn't cause the artifacts you mentioned so much, and, once you create a dark skin map, you can just drag it into any image and adjust the mask to get the same results. (You would need to tweak the Gradient slightly most likely, but it would just be a quick tweak, not starting over.)

I'd be happy to go into more detail if this looks like it would work for what you're after...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2007 times

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Broven wrote:I'd be happy to go into more detail if this looks like it would work for what you're after...
Thanks Broven,

I looked into it again and Gimp also has this gradient feature.
But it is probably not as intuitively usable as in PS,
at least I'm not getting the results I would like out of it.

Your results look great though for only 2-3min of work put into it. :)
But I'm not a big fan of altering pictures on the PC anyway,
so I'm probably not trying to improve my skills any further for this.

Instead I give you an example of my quick&dirty method, used on a random picture,
so I'm not giving away just now, what I have in mind and planed for 2018... ;)

It turned out pretty good with not so much artifacts. On my basic skill level,
this took me about 2min to achieve too and I really don't want to spend more time on this,
as I probably have to do it to a lot of pictures, before I can finally make up my mind... :)
Unbenannt.jpg
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Glad you found something that works for your needs. :) I think your quick results looks good. Looking forward to seeing what you end up getting out of this, whatever that may be. lol. I love a mystery. :D

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

INFORMATIONS