sexyrealsexdolls.com

Video downloading software

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Video downloading software

Post by Szalinski »

I hope this is the right forum, I am looking for software that will allow me to download videos from the internet. Free is preferred, 'natch; but inexpensive will do as well. All the ones I have tried to get (like VDownloader) trigger my antivirus, and even when I click "Allow" it still deletes the program when I try to launch set-up.

Anyone know of one I can safely get? And please, no recommendations that you yourself have not successfully installed and used.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Kurvengeier
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Video downloading software

Post by Kurvengeier »

I use the Realplayer for that, it works for most Websites.
When it dont work, i look at the HTML Code from the site and search for the Video URL, and open this URL in a new browser and download it there.

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

I use FVD downloader extension in my Chrome browser to download flashplayer videos from mostwebsites. It won't work on youtube so I got "free youtube downloader" here http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/?dvsapps=true

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Dees Man wrote:I use FVD downloader extension in my Chrome browser to download flashplayer videos from mostwebsites. It won't work on youtube so I got "free youtube downloader" here http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/?dvsapps=true
Thanks. I downloaded the YouTubeDownloader, and even though I did get a warning, I trusted your recommendation and told AVG to allow. It did, and didn't over ride me this time but let the program download and install. I ran both my AV and spyware programs after it had been installed and it removed the tracking cookie (adware, that's all it was :D ). It also came with an MP3 converter that lets me strip the audio off a video also, so I even got a bonus! :multi:

As for the FVD extension, I'm using Chrome, does this feature come with it (where is it?) or is it an add on I have to download (again, where?) Links would be sincerely appreciated.
:glou:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

JackT

Post by JackT »

Szalinski,

To download videos I use the Firefox Add-On Video Downloadhelper:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oadhelper/

I've found that it has become less effective on Youtube recently, however.

To play video I use VLC Player:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Cheers,
JackT

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

Szalinski wrote:
Dees Man wrote:I use FVD downloader extension in my Chrome browser to download flashplayer videos from mostwebsites. It won't work on youtube so I got "free youtube downloader" here http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/?dvsapps=true
Thanks. I downloaded the YouTubeDownloader, and even though I did get a warning, I trusted your recommendation and told AVG to allow. It did, and didn't over ride me this time but let the program download and install. I ran both my AV and spyware programs after it had been installed and it removed the tracking cookie (adware, that's all it was :D ). It also came with an MP3 converter that lets me strip the audio off a video also, so I even got a bonus! :multi:

As for the FVD extension, I'm using Chrome, does this feature come with it (where is it?) or is it an add on I have to download (again, where?) Links would be sincerely appreciated.
:glou:
Hi Szalinski

Yeah, like most free stuff, adverts are usually included. Seeing that you're wise enough to use virus and spyware programmes you should be safe. Regular "disk cleanup' and clearing your browser history is also advisable.

I love how you can just download audio from youtube. Great for making ringtones.

Now the FVD Downloader is a free extension you get from the Chrome store. I'm not sure how well you know Chrome so I'll give you every step

Go to the toolbar menu in Chrome. That's the 3 horizontal black lines in the top right hand corner and select 'settings'. This will open the settings tab.

On the left of the screen select 'extensions'. You will see the Chrome icon in a bag next to a link 'Get more extensions'. click that to go to the Chrome store, it's similar to Google Play for android

search 'FVD' and you will see FVD Downloader in the extensions results. click on that and you can read all the info before installing it

One thing I have found with any programme install, free or paid for, always use custom install and I DON'T allow any toolbars or home page or any other crap they try to push on you. If you do install FVD, click on it's arrow icon top right corner of Chrome and click the hammer and spanner icon for settings. This lets you decide what types of video files it will download, but more importantly UNCHECK 'enabled FVD Downloader Deals'. This is a really annoying feature that makes little popup ads for similar items when on sites like ebay. Apart from that little gem I've had no problems with it.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Thanks. I just started using Chrome a couple of weeks ago (I got it because embedded YouTube videos don't show in some groups with IE). I will print that out so I can read it while I am doing it. Drop down menus have this nasty habit of covering the screen :wink:
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS