sexyrealsexdolls.com

"CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: "CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Hasselblad, Mamya 645, Nikon F-1, Minolta XG-7, Canon A-1 or AE-1, Pentax MX and The Rollei

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

I think olongjohn said it best, whatever you can afford. I started with a Olympus FE-370 8.0 pixl now I was given a sony a380 DSLR 14.2 pixl but the camera is only as good as the nut behind it. Will take me a long time figure out all the bells and whistles. :D As they say at a street race run what you brung!

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

I had a Olympus SP-500UZ with 6.0 pixl and 10 optical zoom.I still have it and it works great.
I just wanted one with more optical zoom,the new one is 16.0 pixl and 30 optical zoom,also 24mm wide.
I got it mostly for the track for better shots of the cars on the track.

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

itsme wrote:Nightingale I am not sure about the camera but this is a great photo

Thanks! I think that it was ISO100 30 sec/f22 exposure and 10 Mpixle. I am thinking about order that one as a 70 x 40 cm poster :) But I should have a few more pics so I can order a big calender instead :D

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

It does not get much better than that! Nightingale. :D

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Well, first of all, I'm weird, so please keep that in mind.

I would like to see a DSLR that is simple and practical. You only need four maybe five adjustments to create a good image:
  • Focus.
  • Perspective (a factor of focal length).
  • Depth of field (a combination of lens aperture / focal length).
  • Shutter speed.
  • If necessary filters for those things which cannot be done in post production photo editing software.
Automatic exposure control is OK if you take a lot of pictures "on the fly"; meaning you don't have time to set the exposure manually. However for an image of a static non-living doll this is rarely the case.

There is absolutely no need or reason to have a complete PhotoShop program in the camera, as the image is going to be downloaded to a computer anyway. So IMO, cluttering up the camera with a bunch of extra BS which only raises the price and possibly renders it more fragile is nothing less that a crime against photography.

So my ideal camera would have only those features listed above and as little else as possible, and ideally separate controls for each. Being able to see the effect your changes are going to make as you are seeing the subject in the viewfinder/screen is much better than scrolling through a menu, clicking a selection, checking it against the subject and having to repeat this ad absurdum until you find what you like. That is just stupid.

This is the main reason I have stuck with my film SLR.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by deerman »

True Sazlinski very true. Lens value and lighting mean more to a good picture. :D

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Sazlinski: I don't think that the digital-features in the DSLR-cameras actually add any cost. As long as it is just software, the cost will not rise much. But if they have to add any hardware, the price will rise. I think that the cheap DSLR-cameras actually use to have more "digital editing-features" than the more expensive PRO-DSLR models, but I am not sure.

Why do you want a DSLR if you want one that is simple and practical? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nightingale wrote:<snip!>Why do you want a DSLR if you want one that is simple and practical? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Only for the simple reason that I can see the results immediately, rather that having to wait for the film to be processed.

Now if by simple you mean a DSLR vs. a point and shoot. If you know of a P&S that has full manual control, please feel free to steer me that way. :haha2:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Szalinski wrote:
Nightingale wrote:<snip!>Why do you want a DSLR if you want one that is simple and practical? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Only for the simple reason that I can see the results immediately, rather that having to wait for the film to be processed.
But there is a lot of digital compact-cameras with built in screen, most of them I think.
Szalinski wrote:Now if by simple you mean a DSLR vs. a point and shoot. If you know of a P&S that has full manual control, please feel free to steer me that way. :haha2:
I actually don't know much about P&S-cameras. But all DSLR-cameras have Auto-mode and can be used like a P&S-camera. But I think you are right, a digital compact-camera(P&S) with a full manual mode could be a nice and affordable option for everyone that not want to go for the more expensive and more complicated DSLR's. But the sheap compacts have a very small foto-sensor and the manual-mode should be very limited anyway, so a full manual-mode vill not be the same as on a 35mm film camera or DSLR.

Right now I just took two pics with my DSLR.
The first one was in AUTO-mode(auto on everything), started with camera turned OFF. I turned the camera ON, pointed on a doll(auto-focus), pressed the button and turned the camera OFF. Everything in about 2 seconds.

The next picture is in full MANUAL-mode(all manual, even ISO and whitebalance) took about 45-60 seconds to make all settings and take the photo.

Notice, I don't changed any lighting, dollpose or anything, light is the same in both pics(my desk lamp pointed towards the doll). I just changed the camera-settings and the photo-angle a little bit.

I guess this is why Szalinski want Manual control. So do I :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
auto-exp.JPG
auto-exp.JPG (854.68 KiB) Viewed 5133 times
manual-exp.JPG
manual-exp.JPG (853.68 KiB) Viewed 5133 times

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

The reason I want full manual on a digital is the same as I do on a film camera - only more so: Because the camera's auto features almost never choose to focus or expose on what or the way I want, not even the auto-exposure on my film camera. Although on it adjustments are a lot more straightforward and therefore easier. Especially as every single adjustment has it's own knob, ring or dial. I would so love to find a digital with such user friendly controls.

I have learned ways during my tour to MacGyver the auto settings on my P&S so I can at least get something close to the results I want. At least for landscape/nature/general imagery. What I couldn't do or figure out how to I could sometimes get in PhotoShop later. This is one of the main reasons I lugged along a heavy netbook instead of some Swiss Army Pod. I haven't yet tried it with model images yet. And it's model pictures I would want a digital for.

For nature photography I still think film produces better results. And my old Nikon FE is still working fine for that. But then I have a few decades of experience on my side there. :whistle:
~ George Washington

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Okej, you don't like the meny-based setting-system in DSLR's? Sure, it should be nice with mechanical buttons and knobs for all basic-settings. But it is not hard to learn the basic settings in the meny-system, a few days. And the DSLR's also gives a lot of semi-automatic modes that can be handled with good control. I never use the full-auto mode when I take pics.

Yes film is propobly the best but the size of a film-frame is 35 mm, and to compare it with a DSLR you have to compare it with a full-frame DSLR, they are mostly expensive PRO-models. My DSLR has a APS-C sensor that is only 23.6 mm so compare with 35 mm film is not fair I think.

Anyway, it is not important with a good camera. It is important to have fun when photographing and when it comes to dolls, it is very fun even with a very simple camera. Pictures is not great because they are shot with a advanced camera, they are great because of the captured the moment :mrgreen:
I have one of the cheapest DSLR's on the market(for some years ago), because I want a DSLR, but I don't need an expesive one because the camera i far over my skills anyway, so I can easily go with the simplest one :D

CaptainAwesome

Post by CaptainAwesome »

Szalinski wrote:If you know of a P&S that has full manual control, please feel free to steer me that way. :haha2:
There are plenty of digital P&S cameras that have full manual control.

This one, for example. Or this one. Or this one, which is making a lot of serious - and professional - photographers leave their high-end DSLRs at home.

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Post by Stephanie RD »

As someone who used to sell camera for a living I'd like to add a few things.

The big word I don't see mentioned on this thread is "Sony." So here's a quick list of why Sony is better:

-Better quality sensors allowing for much lower ISO.
-Motor in body not lens.
-Easier to learn to use.
-Much less expensive in both body and lenses.
-Better lens compatibility.
-Much more durable sensors.

"Mega pixels" is a phrase which has as much to do with modern camera as the price of tea in China. Companies push this phrase ad nauseam in their advertising because it they know it's a selling point.

Factually "mega pixels" were significant when digital camera first came out. However cameras developed so rapidly that this standard became totally obsolete.

What really matters in terms of quality is the "sensor." What better the sensor the higher the quality.

So which is the best sensor? Only about 5 years ago the only really high quality sensor was a "full frame sensor." The cameras (body only) had starting prices of $3,000 to $10,000!!!

The major manufacturers also released DSLRs more reasonably priced at $500+ but with substantially smaller sensors.

Sony really blew away everyone in late 2010 with their "back light sensor" which artificially produced a lot more light and MUCH higher quality images than even the more expensive full frame sensors. By adding more light your ISO can be reduced by about 75%! Resulting in a much clearer image.

If that wasn't nice enough of Sony, they also solved the inherit problem of sensors being exposed to air and hence dust which easily and in some cases permanently ruins any camera sensor. Sony solution was the "translucent mirror" which provides light to the sensor. Hence it CANNOT be exposed to the air even if you wanted it to. An age old problem solved!

The big word never mentioned on this thread is "Sony." "But they make other electronics. They don't specialize in camera." is what I often hear.

Actually when Sony got into the digital camera business they simply bought out the best existing camera maker Minolta to continue, only under the "Sony" name. Unfortunately they decided to drop the household name of "Minolta" due to internal beliefs that when Konica bought Minolta previously they'd damaged Minolta's reputation. A bad marketing move in my opinion.

At the same time 2009-present Sony was making many leaps forward, its competitor were actually taking steps backwards!

While Sony's functions are specifically designed to be very user friendly and easy to learn by basing it's menus on TV and DVD menus we're all familiar with, Nikon and Canon decided to go the opposite direction by making it's functions "professional." Hence more difficult to use for new photographers. A major turn off for anyone looking to spend a lot of money and get into photography.

Nikon and Canon also made the disastrous move of removing the actual focusing engine from the camera body and incorporating it into the lens instead. This was a marketing ploy by which $200 was knocked off the price of the camera body but $200 was now added to each lens! Even though both Nikon and Canon continued to make some new SLRs with motors in the body they could still tack on $200 to each lens even if you didn't need the motor! They really knew how to piss off their customers.

ALL Sony Alpha series SLRs have motors in their bodies!

Finally Sony is far less expensive for several reasons. First, Sony manufactures almost all the parts for the competitors Nikon and Canon!!! Hence there's no sure charge.

Second, all Sony SLR lenses are fully compatible! And yes, that includes all those great film camera lenses Minolta made which will last forever. Hence, excellent quality used lenses can be purchased cheaply. Even within Nikon and Canon's digital lenses there is still incompatibility. As for their old film lens it all depends on the Nikon or Canon model.

Third Sony also saved costs (about $600!) on its bodies by removing two expensive features few costumers wanted or wanted to pay for. First, an invincible body. Not that Sony bodies are weak but they won't survive a 10 story fall. But do you really plan on dropping your camera from a 10 story building? The second is the view finder. We take "live view" for granted on our point and shoots and phone cams but live view is rather new to SLRs. Not only are Sony's live views far better but it's so good they removed the expensive $300 traditional camera view finder. "But the in ad photos Sony SLRs appear to have view finders?" Not really. They are simply a digital projection like those annoying old style video cameras. They are not true view finders. Live view renders view finders obsolete.

Just my opinions.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nightingale wrote:
Szalinski wrote:<snip!>Or to put it in laymen's terms: Voltage is the pressure the fuel pump puts out - MaH is the size of the gas tank. :wink:
A bit old post but that is a nice way to tell it, and it is right. But "MaH is the size of the gas tank" trick people to choose high-mAh batterys because they think that they last longer in the camera. And it is not always the case because when voltage drop below a given level - the camera shut down - even if there is 80% battery power left. Can be, but not always :D

I draw an explanation :mrgreen:
Probably true, but I was referring to the terms as they apply to the battery, not the device using it. A 2000 mAh, or milliAmp/hour battery is able to supply 2,000 milliamps (2 Amps) for one hour, or 1 Amp for two hours, or any other mathematical equivalent before it's voltage drops below the cell's nominal voltage. For a lead acid and alkaline cells this ranges from 1.4volts for nickel based rechargeables it's 1.2 volts, for lithium cells (like the ones in your cell phone) it's around 3V.
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS