sexyrealsexdolls.com

"CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: "CAMERAS" Which is the best, in your opinion, and why?

Post by Vickylover »

Nightingale wrote:
Joe Bin wrote:Thanks! Nightingale, I think I will try those rechargeable batteries you mentioned. So far with any battery I have tried, I am lucky to get ten pics, but the camera usually starts acting up after the first four or five.
Once I had a GPS that was like that. New batterys and it worked for about 1 min and then the battery indicator showed "low battery" and after a while i turned off. It was two AA batterys and that is 3 volts, I tested to use a "transformer" from 220 VAC(Sweden) to 3 VDC directly to the battery connections in the GPS to give it limitless 3 volt. The GPS continue to tell "low battery" and turned off.
With that test I was SURE that it was NOT the batterys that was the problem :?
I disassembled the GPS and found a bad conection between the battery box and the GPS-unit. I soldered the bad connection and assembled it. Now the GPS showed full battery and worked for many hours even with bad/sheap batterys. :D

It can be something similar with your camera. Ten pics is not much 8O
Ten shots from one set of batteries :? that doesn't sound right at all :thumbs_down: I think Nightingale is right sounds like there is something wrong with your camera :(

As for a new camera :?: I would like to up grade from my current Nikon D80 to a D7000 because it takes all my lens and the D80 would be a good back-up body.

Stick with the leading brands and you won't go far wrong :thumbs_up:

Vickylover.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

RaDiv wrote:I recently upgraded to a Canon EOS 550D. It's a camera I recommend!
Thanks RavDiv you and Alex Knight have pointed me in the right direction most of my pictures are real life and real settings very tough with changing light conditions.

ivanova

Post by ivanova »

Canon. Had a Nikon Coolpix that would not focus except under low light (very odd) and earlier the software bundle with an Olympus changed the default on every image on my computer to Olympus, so I had to remove the software. Have used Canon for the last few years; very good.

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

You should ask yourself a couple of questions before you buy a camera:

- how much am I willing to spend ?

- how and how much will I use the camera ?

No need to buy large and expensive gear if you're not going to use it; wasted money. A good compact would be enough. Same goes if you're looking for something compact, but keep in mind that there IS a difference (image quality/lens quality/zoom range etc) between a point-and-shoot of say US$89 and one costing three times that amount. If you're interested in photography and will be doing a lot of shoots it's worth it to invest a little more and get a DSLR and maybe some decent lenses.

There is a big difference in image quality between compacts and DSLRs, all due to the size of the sensor; very small in compacts are much larger (which is good) in DSLRs. And again there's an image quality difference between cropped DSLRs (Nikon 1.5x / Canon 1.6x) and Full Frame DSLRs; with Full Frame DSLRs you'll also get a shallower depth-of-field. SLRs nowadays are all pretty good and not much between them; maybe you already own some lenses out of the analog era and you might be able to use them on your digital SLR. Keep in mind that it's all down to a good combo of camera and lens: no need to buy the dearest of cameras and equip it with a cheapo kit-lens. That's like buying a Ferrari and put some cheap korean YingTing tires under it! Much better the other way around: simple starter DSLR with a good and faster lens instead of the cheap kitlens it comes with.

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

Hi Joe Bin,

at the first time I've got my doll I used a simple Kodak EasyShare CX6445 camera. The possibilities of this camera were satisfactory (Schneider Kreuznach Optics, 4 Megapixels resolution).

Taking photos from your doll there are very static jobs, you also need a stable tripod and some strong lamps to compose the light settings.

The simple camera had a disadvantage: You cannot take photos without touching the camera. This is the cause why I upgraded to a DSLR camera (Type Canon EOS 450 D) and the first accessory I've bought for this camera was a remote control.

Using a photo camera with a tripod you have strictly do with this rule: Don't touch the camera after adjusting and before taking the photo itself.

AFAIK there only DSLR cameras have a connector for a remote control, and I hope the one or the other bridge camera too.

Ekkehard

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Here is a photo I took with my Canon SD750 point and shoot. I used a tripod with a 2 second time delay, ISO was set at 80, the rest all auto with just natural daylight in the room.
I don't think I would need much better quality unless I was planning on making a living at photography. I got the camera used on eBay for $89.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Thanks guys, for all your great info. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I still haven't bought a new camera yet. :mrgreen: I had to put it off awhile do to buying another doll or two. :oops:
I seem to be having a little better success with the one I have, since I have been using a tripod and shooting out doors. I still want to buy a really good camera eventually, and use my old one as a backup.

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Haha Joe, I can't blame you :). I am also so tempted to buy a new doll.
But if you have a camera and tripod then you should be able to make good pictures. Use a long opening time and just make sure your picture is sharp. A sharp picture you can easy edit with photoshop. I have a program called Viewnx2 with my Nikon I only use to change the white balance/sharpness etc as that goes fast. I dont remove/add stuff as that is to much work.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nightingale wrote:
Joe Bin wrote:I should explain the main problem with the one I already have: The camera that I am using now is a Olympus Camedia D-595 5.0 Megapixel. The main problem I am having is that it is terribly finicky, and it eats batteries. I have to change the batteries some times twice in one photo shoot.
I had problems with my Pentax K200 in the begining, it was eating batterys. But now I have found some batterys that works:
Energizer Rechargable 2000mAh
These are extreamly good and cheap. I have taken OVER 500 pics on one charge now and the battery indicator show FULL. I am really amazed about these batterys because they are much better than ALL 2500-2700 mAh rechargeable batterys I have tested. In the digital cameras it is not the mAh you need, it is the voltage. Lower mAh batterys hold a higher voltage a longer time than higher mAh batterys.

Energizer Ultimate Lithium
These are not rechargeable but is very good. I have used them once and took OVER 1 200 pics. Now I have a package of these as back-up in my camera-bag.

If I use some standard NON-rechargable alkaline-batterys they last for about 50 pics or so(always less than 100) they can't deliver the right voltage.

This was just my experience(with my camera) :mrgreen:
Or to put it in laymen's terms: Voltage is the pressure the fuel pump puts out - MaH is the size of the gas tank. :wink:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

doppler

Post by doppler »

I have a Canon S100 (recently replaced with the Canon S105). It is expensive but it is pretty much top of the class for point & shoots with a lot of manual control when you need it. I prefer point & shoots because I can carry them everywhere I go without thinking twice if I actually need it. As they say, the best camera is the one you actually carry with you, not the one left behind at home because it's too big.

Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Szalinski wrote:
Nightingale wrote:
Joe Bin wrote:I should explain the main problem with the one I already have: The camera that I am using now is a Olympus Camedia D-595 5.0 Megapixel. The main problem I am having is that it is terribly finicky, and it eats batteries. I have to change the batteries some times twice in one photo shoot.
I had problems with my Pentax K200 in the begining, it was eating batterys. But now I have found some batterys that works:
Energizer Rechargable 2000mAh
These are extreamly good and cheap. I have taken OVER 500 pics on one charge now and the battery indicator show FULL. I am really amazed about these batterys because they are much better than ALL 2500-2700 mAh rechargeable batterys I have tested. In the digital cameras it is not the mAh you need, it is the voltage. Lower mAh batterys hold a higher voltage a longer time than higher mAh batterys.

Energizer Ultimate Lithium
These are not rechargeable but is very good. I have used them once and took OVER 1 200 pics. Now I have a package of these as back-up in my camera-bag.

If I use some standard NON-rechargable alkaline-batterys they last for about 50 pics or so(always less than 100) they can't deliver the right voltage.

This was just my experience(with my camera) :mrgreen:
Or to put it in laymen's terms: Voltage is the pressure the fuel pump puts out - MaH is the size of the gas tank. :wink:
A bit old post but that is a nice way to tell it, and it is right. But "MaH is the size of the gas tank" trick people to choose high-mAh batterys because they think that they last longer in the camera. And it is not always the case because when voltage drop below a given level - the camera shut down - even if there is 80% battery power left. Can be, but not always :D

I draw an explanation :mrgreen:
Attachments
battery-graph.jpg
battery-graph.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 4553 times

ohlongjohn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ohlongjohn »

The best camera is whichever one you can afford.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Nightingale I am not sure about the camera but this is a great photo
Attachments
L_4.JPG
L_4.JPG (43.29 KiB) Viewed 4536 times

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

I find all the Sony cyber-shot cameras to be good they are from 99.00 to 2,000
but this one The Cyber-shot Digital Camera H200 is a real good camera. I was messing with my friends the other day I like it.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 1666517903

I have a cybershot 8-1 camera i have had it for some time Sony makes good items.

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

I just bought a new Canon power shot SX500IS.I love it.

INFORMATIONS